Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Stove & Sink

hi phoenix,

think i am having the same prob as u phoenix... my stove directly face the windows tat i hang clothes....

so have u cum with a solution? me actually wanted to act duno... haha but since u started the thread as well join u to find the solution to solved our prob. :dribble:

hi chrispy,

no problem.. u're welcome to join my 'problem'... haha..

i dun really have any solutions, perhaps when my FS master has seen my plc, i will know what i can do.

there is one way to neutralise this - but dont you think it's kinda crazy to wear a green apron whenever you are cooking/washing dishes?

shift either one away or expect lots of quarrels.

hmm... like that can neutralise? thats not too bad, i think i can do that. :bangwall:

pics.

raincole, me no pics yet ...have not taken any as i have not gotten keys yet. perhaps chrispy has one can share? :jawdrop:

This is my first post here, also having a headache with my kitchen layout. Our stove is now facing our sink. Looks like we cannot avoid this. Do you all know of any way to "curb" this? Thanks in advance :(

sgbee, is it facing directly? i think if not directly is ok. correct me if i'm wrong.

Hi, sometimes its like that, when your luck is **** strong, this kind of thing like stove facing toilet may not affect you much at all. But if your luck is down, this kind of thing can affect you more. But really in the long run is no good.

Side by side with some gap is better than facing each other.

hi assassin,

i heard that side by side is better then opposite too. but how big must the gap be? i think must be quite big rite?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ok.. so heres my problem..

the kitchen is super small... very most only a small inverted L shape cabinet can fit. currently sink is at the shorter part of the "L" and it is facing the kitchen door and the stove is at the longer part of the "L".

problem: stove face directly towards the windows! this is bad for fengshui is it?

but stove cannot change place with sink, if not will face kitchen door wor.... thats even worst isn't it?

if i place the stove somewhat halfway facing the windows, like that can or not? but that would mean it will face part of the toilet. would this be better?

headache! pls advise..

hi phoenix,

think i am having the same prob as u phoenix... my stove directly face the windows tat i hang clothes....

so have u cum with a solution? me actually wanted to act duno... haha but since u started the thread as well join u to find the solution to solved our prob. :drunk:

This is my first post here, also having a headache with my kitchen layout. Our stove is now facing our sink. Looks like we cannot avoid this. Do you all know of any way to "curb" this? Thanks in advance :bangwall:

there is one way to neutralise this - but dont you think it's kinda crazy to wear a green apron whenever you are cooking/washing dishes?

shift either one away or expect lots of quarrels.

Ya, I know kitchen shd be one of the important areas. Anyways will see what the fengshui master says lor... should be getting him/her to see before reno starts.

All the units I viewed in this area all place their kitchen stove and sink placed this way lor... some is opposite (meaning their stove and sink change place). The kitchen is small so there is limited variation.

But hor... come to think of it..my previous house stove also face toilet and sink under window. But also like ok... hehe... didn't engage one last time.

Hi, sometimes its like that, when your luck is **** strong, this kind of thing like stove facing toilet may not affect you much at all. But if your luck is down, this kind of thing can affect you more. But really in the long run is no good.

This is my first post here, also having a headache with my kitchen layout. Our stove is now facing our sink. Looks like we cannot avoid this. Do you all know of any way to "curb" this? Thanks in advance :bangwall:

Side by side with some gap is better than facing each other.

This is my first post here, also having a headache with my kitchen layout. Our stove is now facing our sink. Looks like we cannot avoid this. Do you all know of any way to "curb" this? Thanks in advance !!

Phoenix, kitchen is VERY important in FS's view...

Try to work out a way...

Its betta to believe than never!

Ya, I know kitchen shd be one of the important areas. Anyways will see what the fengshui master says lor... should be getting him/her to see before reno starts.

All the units I viewed in this area all place their kitchen stove and sink placed this way lor... some is opposite (meaning their stove and sink change place). The kitchen is small so there is limited variation.

But hor... come to think of it..my previous house stove also face toilet and sink under window. But also like ok... hehe... didn't engage one last time.

wah so bad ah... lol... then probably 99% of the ppl who stay in this building never strike 4D or are working 2 jobs yet still not enough $$$? Coz i believe layout all the same. cannot be bah.....

Phoenix, kitchen is VERY important in FS's view...

Try to work out a way...

Its betta to believe than never!

wah so bad ah... lol... then probably 99% of the ppl who stay in this building never strike 4D or are working 2 jobs yet still not enough $$$? Coz i believe layout all the same. cannot be bah.....

unit layout is the same but not the way each houseowner plans their kitchen layout.

why dont you pop into your neighbours' house and see their kitchen?

Edited by phoenix

I don't have a picture.. will have to draw it out..eh..may take a while...So hard to imagine thru my description meh? hehe...

no leh.. hdb, but u know newer type of hdb the kitchens are bery small one mah..like those condo same same. :thumbs up:

hmm... but stove face half the window and half the toilet (but its facing part of the toilet wall not door), like that can or not?

so stove face window is worst than face door??

actually will be asking fengshui master to come see, but just would like to do some thinking myself first abt how my layout will look lor.

stove layout is quite standard unless you got a big kitchen to let a FSM choose the best location(manipulate).

all your postions are equally bad - not only can forget about buying 4D, but also be prepared to work 2 jobs yet still not enough $$$.

a pix of the actual layout will really help :)

I don't have a picture.. will have to draw it out..eh..may take a while...So hard to imagine thru my description meh? hehe...

wahlao...u staying in a condo or wat? most of those tiny condos have this problem.

try to post the floorplan of your kitchen.

1) stove cannot face kitchen entrance directly - no fortune

2) stove cannot face windows - no fire no fortune cos facing the wind plus exposed to outside.

3) stove cannot face toilet - you already know.

no leh.. hdb, but u know newer type of hdb the kitchens are bery small one mah..like those condo same same. :(

hmm... but stove face half the window and half the toilet (but its facing part of the toilet wall not door), like that can or not?

so stove face window is worst than face door??

actually will be asking fengshui master to come see, but just would like to do some thinking myself first abt how my layout will look lor.

the kitchen is super small... very most only a small inverted L shape cabinet can fit. currently sink is at the shorter part of the "L" and it is facing the kitchen door and the stove is at the longer part of the "L".

problem: stove face directly towards the windows! this is bad for fengshui is it?

but stove cannot change place with sink, if not will face kitchen door wor.... thats even worst isn't it?

if i place the stove somewhat halfway facing the windows, like that can or not? but that would mean it will face part of the toilet. would this be better?

headache! pls advise..

wahlao...u staying in a condo or wat? most of those tiny condos have this problem.

try to post the floorplan of your kitchen.

1) stove cannot face kitchen entrance directly - no fortune

2) stove cannot face windows - no fire no fortune cos facing the wind plus exposed to outside.

3) stove cannot face toilet - you already know.

headache! pls advise..

Edited by phoenix