Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Stove & Sink

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi guys and gals,

I chanced upon this FS discussion and find it very interesting. Would like you view on my kitchen layout wrt FS.

My kitchen has the sink and the fridge on the right side, about a meter apart. The stove is on the opposite side. If you look from the top view the stove lies in the middle of the sink and fridge. It is therefore not directly opposite the sink or the fridge. Is this layout fine?

Appreciate your input.

Many thanks!

Edited by polkadots

omg so much about fend shui, i didnt know about these till now! :o

my popo's house the stove is facing window de.. :o

Edited by wingy

stove facing windows =

1) fortune keeps flowing out

2) a stove not enough fire - sickness

How about a window, which has panes that can be closed, on the left side of the stove/hob?

Edited by DSA

Hi all,

I have a dilemma regarding stove and sink placement too, with the layout shown in the attached,

layoutpr6.th.jpg

The kitchen main entrance is at the bottom part of kitchen layout (which is north) while the service yard entrance with the kitchen window on is on the left side of the kitchen layout(east). As shown I intended to have the hob/hood facing the main entrance (nice visual impact of chimney) but after reading the above, I am having second thoughts as the hob faces the main entrance.

I could shift it nearer to the fridge position but my mum (doing most of the cooking) feels it kind of forces her into a corner. She also prefers sink to be at the window position as shown.

I was also thinking of having an additional window/bar/breakfast counter to be hacked into the wall just right beside the kitchen entrance (reason is to brighten up the kitchen and increase ventilation) but that means even less space to place the hob as it is even more likely to face a window/entrance.

can anyone recommend a good layout ? Seem like either way I place the hob/stove (top or right wall of the layout) it will face a window/entrance....

thanks in advance

I read somewhere that it is no good to have stainless steel backing....better to have original wall tiles.

Hi Bro Mace, since now that you are talking about mirrors with stoves, can I ask if there will be any effect if I used those stainless steel backing instead of wall tiles? Because, stainless steel also has reflections, but just very blurred thou.

Kindly advise. Thanks. :)

regarding kitchen at my home,some pple say, i also read abt stove not facing svc yard entrance, and further more in svc yard got washing machine which is consider "water", then if the stove face svc yard door, would mean face washing machine also... thus water n fire (shui huo bu rong)

but if the put the other side (longer side) of the "L" shape, it will be under water water pipe and above drainage hole...which is also "no no"...some say can box-up water pipes, other say make the svc yard door opaque...

thats y im in quite a delimna...any advices...hope u can give me some enlightenment? Thanks

Hi guys, how about stove facing the service yard bi-flod door? or as long as the stove do not face the main entrance of the kitchen can already? pls advise...thanks...

also, heard that stove cant be placed under water pipe (be it vertical or hortzontal ones) , can some1 pls advis eon this too...thanks...

hi hasibee,

can i know where u place your fridge, can't see your fridge in the kitchen.

i've been thinking, perhaps i can consider raincole's suggestion. it does create the 'triangle' work area somewhat, which might be better. i'm quite active in my kitchen, maybe should consider efficiency too. although placing there would result in the fridge jutting out and also blocking a little bit of the window area. (but i think this should be ok, i won't hang clothes outside, never did anyways all these yrs. i'm quite petite, got no strength to carry the pole out. haha..)

is there anything bad or wrong in fengshui about fridge facing stove? fridge is considered which element?

thanks!

Oh, sorry, i didn't realise my fridge can't see in the pics. the fridge is facing the entrance of the kitchen. It's next to the oven.

is there anything bad or wrong in fengshui about fridge facing stove? fridge is considered which element?

thanks!

to some is metal(me) to others is water.

but the most critical scenario is a stove facing a basin.

if u want to fit the above criterias, your stove, washing machine and sink layout has to be placed some sort like how we did. See my T-blog by clicking my signature for pic of completed kitchen. Kitchen layout (L shape) quite similar to yours.

My Stove is NOT facing window

My stove is NOT facing kitchen door

Basin is NOT facing kitchen door

Basin IS next to window

Fridge IS facing kitchen door

Washing machine is facing window.

hi hasibee,

can i know where u place your fridge, can't see your fridge in the kitchen.

I'm thinking the fridge can put beside the toilet and the window. Then the stove put at the fridge there. Sink can put along the side of the stove facing the window.

It creates a triangle work area. (from the fridge to sink to stove). So it is good working distance from the essential tools of the kitchen => practical.

i've been thinking, perhaps i can consider raincole's suggestion. it does create the 'triangle' work area somewhat, which might be better. i'm quite active in my kitchen, maybe should consider efficiency too. although placing there would result in the fridge jutting out and also blocking a little bit of the window area. (but i think this should be ok, i won't hang clothes outside, never did anyways all these yrs. i'm quite petite, got no strength to carry the pole out. haha..)

thanks!

Edited by phoenix

Yes saw your kitchen layout...that is what I mean!8|!

Nice kitchen cabinet!:deal:

if u want to fit the above criterias, your stove, washing machine and sink layout has to be placed some sort like how we did. See my T-blog by clicking my signature for pic of completed kitchen. Kitchen layout (L shape) quite similar to yours.

Basin IS next to window

Wow, that is a very informative thread!

To summaries:

1) Stove No facing window.

2) Stove No facing kitchen Door.

3) Stove and Basin cannot side by side, (2 ft apart with chopping board/knife holder in the middle)

4) Basin Ok facing kitchen door.

5) Basin Ok facing window.

Basin IS next to window

Edited by hasibee

Wow, that is a very informative thread!

To summaries:

1) Stove No facing window.

2) Stove No facing kitchen Door.

3) Stove and Basin cannot side by side, (2 ft apart with chopping board/knife holder in the middle)

4) Basin Ok facing kitchen door.

5) Basin Ok facing window.

Mine is side by side and the gap is roughly 50cm apart. I also put a potted plant between the stove and sink bt funni thing is the plant wil "die" easily each time I replace the plant. so in the end I fed up and leave the

pot empty and put my hand detergent inside.

I guess tat area not "suitable" for putting plants ba...

Best is min. 2 feet apart, and put a kife chopper board or those that keep knifes in (knifes slot holder) that serve as seperating the fire and water apart.. cheapest and best way to treat this problem.. :D

Don't put plant there cause the heat from your fire will burn off your plant.. No wonder keep dying.. :yamseng:

Regards

MasterChong33