Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Stove & Sink

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Bro Mace, since now that you are talking about mirrors with stoves, can I ask if there will be any effect if I used those stainless steel backing instead of wall tiles? Because, stainless steel also has reflections, but just very blurred thou.

Kindly advise. Thanks. :dunno:

can.

just stay away from exposed mirrors.

mirror in dining room is ok - provided it's at a good location.

dining room and stove are 2 entirely different things in FS.

having 2 stoves is no no in fs.

to create more fire for the stove, 9 pieces of small mirrors is required, small enough to reflect just the fire.

one big piece of mirror will create 2 stoves.

Hi Bro Mace, since now that you are talking about mirrors with stoves, can I ask if there will be any effect if I used those stainless steel backing instead of wall tiles? Because, stainless steel also has reflections, but just very blurred thou.

Kindly advise. Thanks. :dunno:

current layout + option A is good.

Option B a little risky unless your basin/tap is at the extreme right side of the whole basin, without any part of the wet area overlaping the stove.

plus - the wind might be blowing in from the window affecting the flame of your stove.

Edited by MaCe

I have a similar problem with my stove and sink placement in my new place

The existing owner and the owner before her, both got FS master to look through and the sink and stove placement are now like this ( blue is the sink, red is the stove)

5I_Kitchen.jpg

I want to build a service balcony cause the flat does not come with one. So I am going to tilt the sink 90 degrees

Can anyone advise me which one is more feasible for me from the 2 options? Should I place the stove as it original position and just move the sink like I wanted to or should i move the stove back to the other side of the kitchen since its no longer faceing each other but 90 degrees to each other

Thanks

-celest

Edited by kajua

Alittle something to share, i asked my FSM about some "basic" fengshui things we all usually mention. He told me many thing we used to believe may not be true and also must base on your ba zi. Like for my house, he specifically said stove place facing what direction more important then the window part of it. So my stove is facing windows and like in your layout too. Sink also L shaped due to space constraint. He just say sink and stove cannot face each other at 90 degree no problem at all.

I think just spend the money if you want to have a piece of mind rather than guess guess around, we have to know when we buy a condo or HDB, alot of things are already no choice.

hi aural,

is your stove at 90 degrees very close to your sink? coz mine is bery close.

can u pm me which fs master u used? thanks! :jawdrop:

Alittle something to share, i asked my FSM about some "basic" fengshui things we all usually mention. He told me many thing we used to believe may not be true and also must base on your ba zi. Like for my house, he specifically said stove place facing what direction more important then the window part of it. So my stove is facing windows and like in your layout too. Sink also L shaped due to space constraint. He just say sink and stove cannot face each other at 90 degree no problem at all.

I think just spend the money if you want to have a piece of mind rather than guess guess around, we have to know when we buy a condo or HDB, alot of things are already no choice.

face toilet wall is ok - just dont just toilet wall as backing.

raincole is right about it.

stove best at the fridge's location > doesnt face window nor toilet door or basin.

but if you wanna keep existing cabinets then forget fengshui.

hi all, sorry mia awhile..been a bit busy. hehe...

hmm... yeah, i will ask fs master to come see before starting my reno, so see if the cabinets can 'preserve' or not. if not will hack away and do according to his recommendations. :dancingqueen:

Ic. Up to you then. To me I think is ok coz this is just basic fengshui. If you want serious fengshui on where to position your stove it would be to look at your Bazi(assuming you are the lady of the house) to determine it. Based on your Bazi the stove should always be placed at your "xiong" direction facing the "ji" direction.

i'm not so sure which direction is my 'xiong" direction, but i do know (ermm.. if i read correctly using my personal kua and house kua number), that my kitchen is located in 1 of the 'bad sectors'. i think this is suppose to be good?

Phoneix,

Looking at your pic, you can do either

1. place your stove at the fridge area. If stove is not facing directly to toilet door, it is sure OK! Sink should placed to the far corner. Sink should not face the kitchen door. For better, do a partition or full height cupboard between stove and sink.

Or 2. swap stove and sink from your original picture. Place and use mirror or stainless steel for your stove backing. Prefer full height backing. Stove facing door is ok as long as there is a mirror backing. This is basic fengshui. Just imagine that you are concentrating cooking and suddenly a person comes behind you. You will be shocked for life. Food cooked is not very tasty. So by placing a mirror or stainless steel will allow you to know who is coming.

hi dstme, thanks for your suggestions.

hmm... i did thought abt mirror backings before. but not so much on fengshui, but juz thought looks very nice. hehe.. but i also know that mirrors especially big big ones cannot anyhow put.

placing a mirror will create 2 stoves.

hubby will have a mistress.

yikes!! i wouldn't want that! lol!

I'm thinking the fridge can put beside the toilet and the window. Then the stove put at the fridge there. Sink can put along the side of the stove facing the window.

It creates a triangle work area. (from the fridge to sink to stove). So it is good working distance from the essential tools of the kitchen => practical.

hi raincole,

i did thought abt putting the fridge there before too. but i measured its too small, as the indent at the wall is not deep enuff to conceal the fridge. so it kinda juts out by half, so from the doorway, u see half a fridge jutting out, it looks rather wierd.

Edited by phoenix

I'm thinking the fridge can put beside the toilet and the window. Then the stove put at the fridge there. Sink can put along the side of the stove facing the window.

It creates a triangle work area. (from the fridge to sink to stove). So it is good working distance from the essential tools of the kitchen => practical.

Anyway, if one doesn't like mirror can go for stainless steel backing lor.

if so, 9 pieces of small mirror will create 9 petite mistress, not meh? or 9 black petite mistress. (No ill thought to black person intended)

mirror in dining room is ok - provided it's at a good location.

dining room and stove are 2 entirely different things in FS.

having 2 stoves is no no in fs.

to create more fire for the stove, 9 pieces of small mirrors is required, small enough to reflect just the fire.

one big piece of mirror will create 2 stoves.

placing a mirror will create 2 stoves.

hubby will have a mistress.

Placing mirror in kitchen is different from other rooms. Kitchen is a place to cook food. The same goes to dinning room. It's a place for family to have good food. So, placing a mirror on dinning area is good to amplify abundant of food and not amplify "mistress". Most fengshui master will recommend that. : )

Further, placing mirror will make fire 2 X stronger. If you look at old oil lamp, they place a small mirror on one side to reflect light. Also, if fire so big big, any mistress will be burnt to charcoal! also good for cooking. :sport-smiley-018: His wife sure satisfy.

Phoneix,

Looking at your pic, you can do either

1. place your stove at the fridge area. If stove is not facing directly to toilet door, it is sure OK! Sink should placed to the far corner. Sink should not face the kitchen door. For better, do a partition or full height cupboard between stove and sink.

Or 2. swap stove and sink from your original picture. Place and use mirror or stainless steel for your stove backing. Prefer full height backing. Stove facing door is ok as long as there is a mirror backing. This is basic fengshui. Just imagine that you are concentrating cooking and suddenly a person comes behind you. You will be shocked for life. Food cooked is not very tasty. So by placing a mirror or stainless steel will allow you to know who is coming.

Edited by dstme