Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

i will always give way to those cyclists cos of a bad experience yrs ago

was knock down by a teen cyclist when i was a kid ..... was 'blacked out' 4 couple of moment & that idiot even chided me 4 getting onto his way......anyway from then on, i try 2 siam them if possible

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is there a way of letting the authorities know about these experiences since they are now conducting an experiment in Tampines.

I dunno what will happen if they legalise it....... Not a good idea....

Sometimes I loose my cool when these cyclists "ring ring ring" and expect you to give way. A few are quite ok as they are ah pek or auntie cyclists (usually very slow). It's the fast and furious ones that are really... :):):P

But really, education and being considerate for others (i.e. pedestrians and cyclists being thoughtful for one another) is probably the only way. Society has to embrace it, otherwise, simi law will not work one. Look at Japan, and e.g. their "no talking on handphones" on certain trains. It's not a law, and yet people oblige! Why does it work? Because the society embraces such a system, and most people will not hesistate to scold anyone who uses the phone in such carridges. In Singapore most people only care about themselves and do not want to be busybody. Smoking at eating places, spitting, littering, cyclists switching from roads to pavements without warning (these are the REAL BAST*** cyclists),...the list goes on...

For me, it's simple. If cyclist hit me on pavement and injury, I will not hesistate to make a police report. Pavements are for pedestrians, roads for vehicles and bicycles. If a person wants to cycle on pavement, please give way to pedestrains. If he/she cannot even do this, then please cycle on the road. If got no courage to cycle on the road and don't want to give way to pedestrians, then don't cycle at all....There's absolutely no chance that a cyclist has the right of way on a pavement. It's just plain ridiculous! I cannot see what cyclists can really argue about when they bang into people on pavements. I will also throw the bicycle into the drain if I ever kena hit by one! (I rather throw the cyclist, but for the law...)

Whatever works in Tampines will probably not work in Toa Payoh, where majority of cyclists are youngsters on MTBs, and old folks.....

...so now crossing road must not only lookout for cars, but also for errant cyclists! :P:):)

i always give way to cyclists as i always thot that's the rite thing to do. move to the side only. no big deal rite?

i dun think ring ring ring is rude. how else can they convey the message when they are approaching from a distance?

it's really dangerous to cycle on the road. i wun encourage anyone to do that cos i've a relative who died in a road accident years ago, bicycle knocked down by car.

i understand there are funny cyclists around. once, an uncle on bicycle approach me from in front, stretched out his hand when near me, as if wanna touch me. i still rem the stupid silly grin on his face. luckily i was carrying an umbrella. managed to use it as a shield. tho i'm still quite sore abt it till today. hope i can slap him in the face one day. :~8|:(:~ :~

yapz, i agree on this...

one type of rice had been feed to different of characters. therefore i feel that people's heart is the matter of all the matters.

somethings can be solve but yet they want it to make the matters big. just a simple "SORRY" which some people find it hard to say out. Just simple used eye power and bo chap attitude will surely lead to make other people angry. :curse:

your hubby still not that fierce. there was once it happen to mine wife too. i pull her to one side and then the cyclists happen to be a china male. he scold me and mine wife. im so pissed off that i put him down from the bicycle and want to wack him. heng he siam fast. or he jia lat.

he run away with his bicyle there. then i throw his bicycle into the small drain at the road side. :P

i wait there then he come back few mins later and saw me still there he dont dare to claim back his bicycle till mine wife drag me off. :D

WAH SEH :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: U ma chiam fierce leh... :jawdrop:

but hor, sometimes that's unbearable lor... can understand why you so fierce, vy dangerous leh these cyclists. that's why when there's news that someone being knock down at geyland and little indian areas, i dun sympathise with them.

reason is that many of these foreigners (i dun mean to offend anyone here but its quite true) eg. from china and indian, juz anyhow cross the roads or cycle ACROSS the roads despite vehicles are coming. and they juz squeeze into the crowd which is vy dangerous. :furious:

but hor, i tink most gals all only look infront :sport-smiley-004: never really notice things that are coming from behind, unlike you guys where you are trained in the army to be super alert :curse:

personally, i find that cyclist should cycle on the road

and sometimes it's not that the road is unsafe for them, it's they themselves who cause danger to their ownself

i've seen quite a few accidents involving cyclist, almost without fail the bicycle is in the middle of a four-lane road

makes me wonder what's wrong with these cyclist, don't they know they should only cycle on the left most lane???

you cycle on the second-fastest lane of a major road and expect nothing to happen to you???

truth to be told, singapore's road are NEVER designed for cyclist

you either walk, take public transport or drive

if cannot afford to drive, take public transport

if cannot afford public transport, walk

WAH SEH :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: U ma chiam fierce leh... :jawdrop:

but hor, sometimes that's unbearable lor... can understand why you so fierce, vy dangerous leh these cyclists. that's why when there's news that someone being knock down at geyland and little indian areas, i dun sympathise with them.

reason is that many of these foreigners (i dun mean to offend anyone here but its quite true) eg. from china and indian, juz anyhow cross the roads or cycle ACROSS the roads despite vehicles are coming. and they juz squeeze into the crowd which is vy dangerous. :furious:

but hor, i tink most gals all only look infront :sport-smiley-004: never really notice things that are coming from behind, unlike you guys where you are trained in the army to be super alert :curse:

:D:P fierce meh.... ok la...

if he say sorry i will still ok with it. But he scold me and mine wife thats the most unbearable one. if this happen to other people they will do the same thing. this word "sorry" so hard to say meh?

ok la not train one la... just tat im more cautious when mine wife is with me. if me alone that cyclist will be the one in the drain not his bicycle. :notti:

i always give way to cyclists as i always thot that's the rite thing to do. move to the side only. no big deal rite?

i dun think ring ring ring is rude. how else can they convey the message when they are approaching from a distance?

it's really dangerous to cycle on the road. i wun encourage anyone to do that cos i've a relative who died in a road accident years ago, bicycle knocked down by car.

i understand there are funny cyclists around. once, an uncle on bicycle approach me from in front, stretched out his hand when near me, as if wanna touch me. i still rem the stupid silly grin on his face. luckily i was carrying an umbrella. managed to use it as a shield. tho i'm still quite sore abt it till today. hope i can slap him in the face one day. :furious::jawdrop::curse::sport-smiley-004::jawdrop:

Wah if it's me, I will use the umbrella to trip his bicycle or push him so that he will fall from his bike...then after that, throw his bicycle down the drain like devilaz.... :jawdrop:

personally, i find that cyclist should cycle on the road

and sometimes it's not that the road is unsafe for them, it's they themselves who cause danger to their ownself

i've seen quite a few accidents involving cyclist, almost without fail the bicycle is in the middle of a four-lane road

makes me wonder what's wrong with these cyclist, don't they know they should only cycle on the left most lane???

you cycle on the second-fastest lane of a major road and expect nothing to happen to you???

truth to be told, singapore's road are NEVER designed for cyclist

you either walk, take public transport or drive

if cannot afford to drive, take public transport

if cannot afford public transport, walk

i agree!! but sometimes for short distance travelling, it's more convenient to cycle than to take bus. sometimes gotta wait 15-20mins for the bus to come, esp in sengkang west. very pek cek one.... :sport-smiley-004:

cycling in the neighbourhood is still feasible. i agree we need to be more careful and considerate though. :curse:

:yamseng::dribble: fierce meh.... ok la...

if he say sorry i will still ok with it. But he scold me and mine wife thats the most unbearable one. if this happen to other people they will do the same thing. this word "sorry" so hard to say meh?

ok la not train one la... just tat im more cautious when mine wife is with me. if me alone that cyclist will be the one in the drain not his bicycle. :jawdrop:

i hate such pple too, they were in the wrong yet they dare to be abusive. but usually bcos of my rusty face looks - they just keep quiet and leave.

Wah if it's me, I will use the umbrella to trip his bicycle or push him so that he will fall from his bike...then after that, throw his bicycle down the drain like devilaz.... :yamseng:

wah... if i see him again, i'll do that! :dribble::jawdrop::fire:

i hate such pple too, they were in the wrong yet they dare to be abusive. but usually bcos of my rusty face looks - they just keep quiet and leave.

:yamseng::dribble:

not to mention the fact that they LOVE to fly across zebra crossings

if it's pedestrians we still can see coz they approach at a reasonable speed

cyclist love to just cycle across, even when they know the drivers couldn't have seen them coming :yamseng::dribble: