Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

These stupid and irresponsible cyclists ought to be shot man! :notti:

"HAi Ren Hai Ji"...

Fyi, I hv not wrote to the MP yet...cos really v busy recently...

I dunno y bt after my incident, there are fewer cyclists at my area....mabbe some

kind souls saw wat happened tat morning and make a report? I dunno...anyway, I am

rather scared of cyclists nowadays...bt I will NEVER give way to them if they ring and

ring from behind...tis will IRRITATES me more...

Anyway, the path is designated for pedestrains like us...

Treat it tat I am unreasonable, I also dun care...cos I am still sore over tat morning...

The scar on my foot will reminds me of the incident always!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

you are not unreasonable, there's a reason why it's called a PEDESTRIAN pavement

the road is meant for anything will wheels so bicycles should go there

if they stick to the left most side of the left most lane and do not double ride, i don't see how dangerous the road can be :dribble::D

in case anyone think i'm just saying this because i drive

i've ridden on singapore roads a few times and motorist are generally quite tolerant as long as i keep to the side :thumbs up:

you are not unreasonable, there's a reason why it's called a PEDESTRIAN pavement

the road is meant for anything will wheels so bicycles should go there

if they stick to the left most side of the left most lane and do not double ride, i don't see how dangerous the road can be :dribble::D

in case anyone think i'm just saying this because i drive

i've ridden on singapore roads a few times and motorist are generally quite tolerant as long as i keep to the side :thumbs up:

Agree!! I will purposely say loudly to my friend when they start ringing their bell behind us. This is PEDESTRIAN pavement, for Humans to Walk, not Cycling Path.

Agree!! I will purposely say loudly to my friend when they start ringing their bell behind us. This is PEDESTRIAN pavement, for Humans to Walk, not Cycling Path.

i will add on "since so impatient then make sure ur bicycle can fly" :dancingqueen::P

These stupid and irresponsible cyclists ought to be shot man! 8|

"HAi Ren Hai Ji"...

Fyi, I hv not wrote to the MP yet...cos really v busy recently...

I dunno y bt after my incident, there are fewer cyclists at my area....mabbe some

kind souls saw wat happened tat morning and make a report? I dunno...anyway, I am

rather scared of cyclists nowadays...bt I will NEVER give way to them if they ring and

ring from behind...tis will IRRITATES me more...

Anyway, the path is designated for pedestrains like us...

Treat it tat I am unreasonable, I also dun care...cos I am still sore over tat morning...

The scar on my foot will reminds me of the incident always!

well sometimes it depends. you are in the right way of path. cyclist if they are more poilte i will let them past. if not let see who will fall to the ground first. :)

Yest got one gal cyclist cycle behind me and keep saying excuse me. sorry... this one i let her go. if keep ringing forget about it. dont even dream. :dancingqueen:

i will add on "since so impatient then make sure ur bicycle can fly" :P :P

wa liao.... more xiong then me... :P

i dunno abt other people but the people who cycle in my neighbourhood are mostly aunties who are going to market or going to school to fetch their children. at other times, there are children/teenagers cycling ard the neighbourhood. i always give way to them. i cannot imagine an auntie cycling on the roadside with a kindergarten child sitting behind. if "ring ring" is deem as rude, then how abt "ring ring" follow by a "thank you"?

dunno if i'm right, but i think the way the taxidriver drives also affect the severity of the accident, no doubt it's the cyclist at fault.

at the end of the day, it's all about being responsible and considerate. even pesdestrains can piss me off, when one big group of them occupy the entire pavement taking their own sweet time to stroll, wanna overtake also cannot. and those people who smoke in sheltered walkways, i hate them most.

when i looked at the stomp posting, i have no doubt that the fault lies entirely on the cyclist

if she(?) can cycle away after causing the taxi to flip, i seriously doubt this person has any conscience at all !! :fire: :fire:

the problem with cyclist in singapore is they have no idea what inconvenience they caused to others

i've seen cyclist veering to the centre of the first lane or even second lane because they were too busy talking on the mobile phone

not even a backward glimpse to see if there are any vehicles coming :dunno::bleah:

i'm not against cycling in general, but seriously there should be a course one has to go through in order to cycle, just like driving

as for cycling in the neighbourhood, all the more it's safe to ride on the road since there are usually not many vehicles during late morning or afternoon :dancingqueen:

can't help but say this

ring ring is rude, no matter what follows

it's almost like slapping one then say sorry !!

it's accidents like this that sometimes i wish we have that kind of bochup mentality laws like CHINA, you run infront of my car? i just hit and go...no salah.

not to mention the fact that they LOVE to fly across zebra crossings

if it's pedestrians we still can see coz they approach at a reasonable speed

cyclist love to just cycle across, even when they know the drivers couldn't have seen them coming :sport-smiley-004::furious:

This is something cyclists either do not realize, or they simply bochap. On the stomp pic, really feel sorry for the driver (who will have no income until his taxi is fixed) and his co-driver (who will also have no income). Cyclists happily switching between pavements and roads....what the heck man! They are getting the best of both worlds while endangering both drivers and pedestrians. The cyclist should pay for the damages as well as the salaries of the two drivers. Imagine if the taxi had swerved and then hit an innocent pedestrian...who's to blame?

Really, this are accidents that the TP should act on. I myself nearly langa into a cyclist who conveniently switched from the main road, onto the pavement (at traffic light junction), and then zebra crossing. If I was just one second faster, I would either have smacked into his side, or vice versa!

I'm not against cycling on pavements; if majority of cyclists here are thoughtful, sharing even a 1m wide pavement wouldn't matter. But as we all know the typical behaviour of people here.....sometimes it is really "bo nao".

....soon another law to add to the 1000s of laws we have here....and whether it will be enforced is another matter....

...the problem with cyclist in singapore is they have no idea what inconvenience they caused to others

i've seen cyclist veering to the centre of the first lane or even second lane because they were too busy talking on the mobile phone...not even a backward glimpse to see if there are any vehicles coming :sport-smiley-004::furious:

i'm not against cycling in general, but seriously there should be a course one has to go through in order to cycle, just like driving as for cycling in the neighbourhood, all the more it's safe to ride on the road since there are usually not many vehicles during late morning or afternoon

Actually that's what the Road Safety Park is for. Most cyclists do not realise that a bicyclist is actually considered a 'motorist' (only exception is not allowed on expressways), and when on the road one has to obey traffic rules (stop at red light, wave your hand to signal left/right turn, etc), though many do not (going against flow of traffic :P , pavement/road switching, cycling while talking on handphone :jawdrop: , one hand cycling other hand hold umbrella or groceries :) , not stopping at red lights :) , the list goes on and on and on).

Then you have people walking their dogs on black leash in the late evenings on bicycle lanes.....can you imagine if you are the cyclist and thought there is no leash until the last few metres? Recall the last moments of ET....(replace ET with a dog in the basket instead)....