Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kingzkong

Anybody In Yung Sheng Rd? (july 07 Ballot)

Thanks alot, Kingzkong.

Been pondering over where to place the indoor unit at e Living RM cos OUR Living RM is L-shaped shape connected to the Dining area.

Shd not be a prob coz from what I understand, 22k btu is good enuff for our living rm sqm...

Most probably will install it in living rm.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Felix,

I haven get any quotes for the aircon, cos still cant really decide wana install a unit in the Living RM or not due to minimum usuage.

Personally, I felt if u jus install a unit for the Living RM. U might be overloading it cos theres no partition bet the Living & Dining.

But to install 2 units in the Living & Dining aso not practical as I dun tink I'll turn it on often.

I tink the only practical and cost-effective way is to install a high BTU unit for both Living & Dining like Kingzkong, but the position of the unit needs to be strategically placed to provide efficient cooling.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Felix,

I haven get any quotes for the aircon, cos still cant really decide wana install a unit in the Living RM or not due to minimum usuage.

Personally, I felt if u jus install a unit for the Living RM. U might be overloading it cos theres no partition bet the Living & Dining.

But to install 2 units in the Living & Dining aso not practical as I dun tink I'll turn it on often.

I tink the only practical and cost-effective way is to install a high BTU unit for both Living & Dining like Kingzkong, but the position of the unit needs to be strategically placed to provide efficient cooling.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

hmm ... i am just looking at a system 3 for my flat ... all the bedrooms

14 floor seriously your living room should be cooling enough ..

I am meaning quotes of renovators ... :jawdrop:

Ya, shd b cooling. But I dun wana regret didnt install one when I need it leh.

Got a quote from Summit but didnt use their services cos finally decided to use contractor to save costs.

Ya, shd b cooling. But I dun wana regret didnt install one when I need it leh.

Got a quote from Summit but didnt use their services cos finally decided to use contractor to save costs.

Ya its not a bad idea to use contractor... :idea:

But bear in mind u have to do a lot of coordination urself... which is rather vexing... :wacko:

Ha so u have to do a lot of newspaper searching liao wor :yamseng:

Edited by kingzkong

Welcome Lin and L3x,

yup, me in 181 facing the market...very near to food...kekeke

i am also thinking of putting 1 aircon unit in the living room. i did some calculation and Kingzkong is right, 22k btu is more than enough. Area x 337 = the btu needed to cool the room.

but how often will i turn it on is 1 qn haggling my mind...dun install, if i need it and don't have, how?

From 1 of the movie: rather have a gun and don't need it, than not having a gun when u need it :bangwall:

Welcome Lin and L3x,

yup, me in 181 facing the market...very near to food...kekeke

i am also thinking of putting 1 aircon unit in the living room. i did some calculation and Kingzkong is right, 22k btu is more than enough. Area x 337 = the btu needed to cool the room.

but how often will i turn it on is 1 qn haggling my mind...dun install, if i need it and don't have, how?

From 1 of the movie: rather have a gun and don't need it, than not having a gun when u need it :)

Hey apollo75 which floor are you staying?

Ya its not a bad idea to use contractor... :angry2:

But bear in mind u have to do a lot of coordination urself... which is rather vexing... :furious:

Ha so u have to do a lot of newspaper searching liao wor :)

I'm using a main contractor, so he will handle most of the coordination wif the sub-con.

i did some calculation and Kingzkong is right, 22k btu is more than enough. Area x 337 = the btu needed to cool the room.

From 1 of the movie: rather have a gun and don't need it, than not having a gun when u need it :)

Got so many versions on the calculation of BTU, dun even noe which is right/wrong.

-Search from aircon blogspot, AREA(m)*0.2*3412

-All Be5t, AREA(m)*485

-Now ur saying AREA(m)*337

Can anybody highlight on this.

Thanks alot.

Apollo75,

fyi, If ur looking at System4. Not much choice aso, unless ur looking for Inverter. Else teres only Daikin MA56EV16

Hi doit,

i am on 13...not my best choice but it's the best that's left :sport-smiley-004:

Got so many versions on the calculation of BTU, dun even noe which is right/wrong.

-Search from aircon blogspot, AREA(m)*0.2*3412

-All Be5t, AREA(m)*485

-Now ur saying AREA(m)*337

Can anybody highlight on this.

Thanks alot.

Apollo75,

fyi, If ur looking at System4. Not much choice aso, unless ur looking for Inverter. Else teres only Daikin MA56EV16

Wat's the diff between inverter and non-inverter? I am looking at Mit starmex, but not sure if they have sys4...gotta chk it out...sigh...so many things to buy

Hi Apollo75,

Ya, so many tings to buy.

I tink these 2 tings have to be confirm b4 buying anyting.

-Contractor/ID

-Aircon

Aircon work with the compressor drawing current. The start-up of an aircon always draw a higher current(electricity) to start the compressor. Hence, consume more energy to start.

A non-inverter works by starting n stopping to attain the temp required, imagine how it affects the drawing of electricity.

A inverter works by regulating the electricity consumation rather than starting n stopping of the compressor.

The price diff bet them is abt 1k+. Normally, aircon lasts abt 8yrs. So must depend on ur usuage b4 deciding to buy inverter or not.

I tink non-inverter is sufficient for us unless ur always at home, turning the aircon for more than 8hours everyday.

Hope I have cleared ur doubt. Ur looking for sys4? I'm aso looking for sys4. But only choice for non-inverter, Daikin.

Edited by Lin & L3x

Hi doit,

i am on 13...not my best choice but it's the best that's left :thumbs up:

Wat's the diff between inverter and non-inverter? I am looking at Mit starmex, but not sure if they have sys4...gotta chk it out...sigh...so many things to buy

Yup apollo, MIt starmex do have sys 4... I get frm AllBest at $3628...

Juz had my trunking done yesterday..... to prevent dirt, they will come again to install the blower unit when all my reno is done.

Was rushing so juz took few pic...

Check it out.... :thumbs up:

09012008139.jpg

09012008130.jpg

Materials they used...

09012008129.jpg

My living rm...

09012008140.jpg

09012008143.jpg

Hey Yung Sheng kakis....

Too quiet leh....

Come on!

Booast up this thread post count! :good:

ur lcd tvs are wat we are looking at. u got it at courts? but cos we haven collect keys or renovate yet so got to give them a miss.

Lin

ur lcd tvs are wat we are looking at. u got it at courts? but cos we haven collect keys or renovate yet so got to give them a miss.

Lin

No leh i got it at one of the shop in Clementi....

Dun ever get anything from Courts, theirs prices always on the high side.

Ya u can afford to wait.... but certainly not a miss... coz the price will most likely be reduce.... :dancingqueen: