Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
It's also my first time to buy a built in oven but been using a portable oven for almost 2 years now. I do alot of baking...you can see it here in my blog...Initially I'm interested in Brandt but it's way over my budget :( . Their oven costs from 799-1,699. I'm considering Cuizino or Rinnai. I'm also curious about Bellari but I still don't know what the price range for their ovens :P .

WOW!:P Briefly went thru your blog and im full of envy of ur husband and kids... it'll b nice if i can do one-third of what u have accomplished.. :bow:

I probably will go check out Bellari sometime soon, likely early next month.. lf you havent checked them out by then, I'll share with you what I gathered.. but dun forget that the comments comes from a newbie :wub:

Do you consider Ariston? Their entry level is about 600+, and us pretty good unless you do heavy baking/grilling.

Actually, Ariston was the first brand I've considered but after reading some negative feedbacks about Mayer in forums I changed my mind. They say some of their products spoils easily :( ... and they have bad after service...I don't want to take the risk since the oven is built in and I cannot just throw it away if it spoils.

WOW!!! Briefly went thru your blog and im full of envy of ur husband and kids... it'll b nice if i can do one-third of what u have accomplished.. :D

I probably will go check out Bellari sometime soon, likely early next month.. lf you havent checked them out by then, I'll share with you what I gathered.. but dun forget that the comments comes from a newbie :D

Thanks for your kind words :) baking for me is therapeutic and I'm sure you'll feel the same way too once you baked your first bread and cake from scratch :good: ...it's addicting :D !

I'll definitely wait for your feedback :sport-smiley-018: ... it's ok...I'm a newbie too :D

Hey SimplyAnnes, Your blog is truly informative with food stuff. !!

Dying to learn all those though but I sux badly at cooking. So can only take a step slowly. Now into learning to bake cupcakes, cakes and cookies. Sad to say that ovens are really ex & that since I can't cook it would be wasted if we'd got a built in oven or convectional oven if I'm not baking enough often.

So I ended up getting a 2 in 1 inverter panasonic microwave oven with convectional function. Somewhat practical I guess since can use microwaving function too. I think I'm gg to park at your blog & salivate more. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by BunBun

Hey SimplyAnnes, Your blog is truly informative with food stuff. :)

Dying to learn all those though but I sux badly at cooking. So can only take a step slowly. Now into learning to bake cupcakes, cakes and cookies. Sad to say that ovens are really ex & that since I can't cook it would be wasted if we'd got a built in oven or convectional oven if I'm not baking enough often.

So I ended up getting a 2 in 1 inverter panasonic microwave oven with convectional function. Somewhat practical I guess since can use microwaving function too. I think I'm gg to park at your blog & salivate more. :D

Thanks! I'm also in the process of learning with regards to cooking and baking. When I got married the only thing I know is to boil water but later on when I started to have kids that's when I started to have passion for cooking and baking since it's really a happy feeling whenever my husband and kids complements me. I'm a self taught baker (never attended any formal lessons) and I rely on books and my personal kitchen experiments to gain knowledge and improve my baking skill.

I agree with you, ovens are expensive and in your case if you won't be using it often it's only practical to get the double function microwave ovens. Been using a portable Rowenta oven for two years now but i will definitely buy a built in oven when we move to our newly bought re-sale flat this may. The only downside side in using portable ones is the size of the oven. You cannot bake it in one go. If you have a larger oven you can bake 2 trays of cookies or 2x 9 inch cake pans in a short time and having a fan forced oven is also really good since oven heat is evenly distributed without moving the pans up and down. A fan forced oven insures even browning of the surface. Also you bake them at less the recommended time so less energy consumption.

I agree on the size of the oven part. Just yesterday I learnt to bake choc fudge cupcakes & the recipe didn't state it would be for how many cupcakes made. Imagine I spent alot of time waiting for the oven to cool in between baking 4 batches(12 cupcakes each) :) We're down to 1 jar of cupcakes now.

A built in oven is definitely more worth the value if serious baking is involved. Congrats on your getting a new place! :) Can pick up some recipes from your blog & share pointers with you hurhur. :notti: It's a bit ironic that today's modern working women are not proficient at cooking before marriage but after marriage, they learn to be proficient at cooking unless they have husbands who are good at cooking. :D

Thanks! I'm also in the process of learning with regards to cooking and baking. When I got married the only thing I know is to boil water but later on when I started to have kids that's when I started to have passion for cooking and baking since it's really a happy feeling whenever my husband and kids complements me. I'm a self taught baker (never attended any formal lessons) and I rely on books and my personal kitchen experiments to gain knowledge and improve my baking skill.

I agree with you, ovens are expensive and in your case if you won't be using it often it's only practical to get the double function microwave ovens. Been using a portable Rowenta oven for two years now but i will definitely buy a built in oven when we move to our newly bought re-sale flat this may. The only downside side in using portable ones is the size of the oven. You cannot bake it in one go. If you have a larger oven you can bake 2 trays of cookies or 2x 9 inch cake pans in a short time and having a fan forced oven is also really good since oven heat is evenly distributed without moving the pans up and down. A fan forced oven insures even browning of the surface. Also you bake them at less the recommended time so less energy consumption.

Actually, Ariston was the first brand I've considered but after reading some negative feedbacks about Mayer in forums I changed my mind. They say some of their products spoils easily :unsure: ... and they have bad after service...I don't want to take the risk since the oven is built in and I cannot just throw it away if it spoils.

Read somewhere that Bellari has good after-sales service.. my ID also told me the same thing, said that their after-sales service very prompt. :P makes me even more tempted to buy from them but gota see price first :D

Actually, Ariston was the first brand I've considered but after reading some negative feedbacks about Mayer in forums I changed my mind. They say some of their products spoils easily :jawdrop: ... and they have bad after service...I don't want to take the risk since the oven is built in and I cannot just throw it away if it spoils.

I see, can't comment on their after-sales service as (touch wood) don't need it so far. This is my second sets of Ariston hood, hob, oven, so hopefully everything goes smoothly as well.

Read somewhere that Bellari has good after-sales service.. my ID also told me the same thing, said that their after-sales service very prompt. :D makes me even more tempted to buy from them but gota see price first :D

My husband and I went there yesterday and I say their pricing is quite reasonable :good: . Oven starts from 600 and up. Feature wise it's okey. My husband is keen on purchasing hood , hob and sink as well :) .

My husband and I went there yesterday and I say their pricing is quite reasonable :good: . Oven starts from 600 and up. Feature wise it's okey. My husband is keen on purchasing hood , hob and sink as well :) .

Sorry simplyannes, am late in updating you... I dropped by too and yesh, agree their ovens are rather reasonably priced.. but they don't provide like a "package price" if we buy their hob, hood and oven .. I went to Poo Joo and the price offered to me for a hob, hood and oven was much lesser than what I will have to pay for the similar items from Bellari..

Coz of price, likely not gettin bellari.. :(

Any good reviews on Cuizino oven?

My ID included Cuizino hob, hood and oven in the package.

Went to APS showroom to see. Outlook is very sleek but not sure if the performance is good as this is considered new brand in the market.

I don't know why I'm reading that Bosch ovens are good but more expensive than Brandt, because I came across this model which is cheaper than Brandt. Bosch HBN331E2J is in the $600 price range wherelse Brandt FE611SX1 is in the $700 range.

I'm confused. I'm having difficulty deciding between the both, any feedback and opinion would be much appericiated.

Thank

Flowerpoddess

Edited by Flowerpoddess

My "TURBO" built in oven is spoilt. . anyone got contact that I can call and ask for repair ?