Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
titank

Sofa Hunting, Cheap & Good!

Any pics? Looking for a sofa set too~~

Please post some pics and advise where is

the best place to shop for sofas~~~~~

Biggest show room is at Compass Point. Tiong Bahru plaza branch also not bad in their range.

My L-shaped sofa is under $500... but I bought another set of spare covers at $98.

Happy hunting! :notti:

Edited by Yeoman

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Here u go...

dsc00236oq6.jpg

I find the prices and quality at Seahorse Hecom fairly reasonable. But designs are subjective. Do checkout their showrooms to judge for yourself.

Any pics? Looking for a sofa set too~~

Please post some pics and advise where is

the best place to shop for sofas~~~~~

Hi, i'm also looking arnd for sofa. May i kw where is the Seahorse showroom that we can go and have a look at their range of products? On a tight budget. Looking for a L-shape fabric sofa that is not too big cos of space constraint. Anyone can advise on this? Thanks!

Morris Lifestyle is selling a L-shape sofa at $399. You should go there to check it out.

I also bought the 3+2 leather sofa at $799 from Morris :dancingqueen:

Anyone bought from Ritz Rymen or Siang Yiang at Furniture Mall?

I am deciding between a fabric 3 seater (2.1metre) for both shops.

Both good svc and ard same price $1.2k.

Can't make up my mind yet.

had been to IFC and furniture mall

so far never really see nice sofa that we like, except one @ IFC which cost $2600++. Can't remember the shop name but it is near to the main entrance.

Exceed our budget, although i like the sofa becoz it is total detachable. Can mix and match that kind.

Probably will drop by Seahorse. They do carry Fabric sofa too rite?

Yes... they do. In fact, I find the fabrics very nice.

They also sell spare fabric covers with different pattern designs and colours.... so once awhile, when you change your covers... it will be as if you changed a new set of sofa! Ha ha....

Their designs are quite basic... nothing to shout about honestly... but the quality is there and price is very reasonable.

Probably will drop by Seahorse. They do carry Fabric sofa too rite?

Anyone bought from Ritz Rymen or Siang Yiang at Furniture Mall?

I am deciding between a fabric 3 seater (2.1metre) for both shops.

Both good svc and ard same price $1.2k.

Can't make up my mind yet.

Hi

Avoid RITZ RYMEN.

Ive personally heard first hand stories of their lousy after sales service (my bro-in-law & my 2 Uni mates)

They may have some good salesperson, in particular this lady called Rosalind & they over-promise & under-deliver. Shipment delayed (up to 2 months!:jawdrop:!), offer another different set as replacement (different color & type altogether!!), etc etc

On the positive side, the sofa is really comfortable. Price wise is reasonable. But do take precautions. Ask them for a recourse should there be any change of delivery dates or the type of sofa.

Cheers

Vince

Morris Lifestyle is selling a L-shape sofa at $399. You should go there to check it out.

I also bought the 3+2 leather sofa at $799 from Morris :)

Hi, can anyone tell me where is morris? Me also looking for leather sofa.. thanks.. :)

Hi, can anyone tell me where is morris? Me also looking for leather sofa.. thanks.. :notti:

Regine,

It's at 31 Admiralty Road, Fook Tong Nam Building. Actually, it was previsouly known as Melandas. Happy Shopping :bangwall:

Anyone tried www.sofaalab.com ? I'm going down to place my order tomorrow. The salesgirl says they have a promo for a free extra set of sofa fabric. Seems very worth it.

I went down to try last week and the sofa are of good quality and the later you take delivery the cheaper the price! Anyway I heard the company is a startup with support from Spring Singapore so should be safe.

I'm planning for them to deliver in Sept so I pay $788 instead of $1288.

Edited by hobbes187

Anyone tried www.sofaalab.com ? I'm going down to place my order tomorrow. The salesgirl says they have a promo for a free extra set of sofa fabric. Seems very worth it.

I went down to try last week and the sofa are of good quality and the later you take delivery the cheaper the price! Anyway I heard the company is a startup with support from Spring Singapore so should be safe.

Wow... book a sofa that far down the road? You must really like the sofa! :)

Never heard of the concept - book further, price cheaper.

Seems strange as they have to take more price and supply risks down the road. At this kind of economic environment, who can really tell what will happen next month, much less in Sept. Lets hope they can deliver their promise. Keep us posted! :help:

Edited by Max383

The boss of sofaalabs also owns massimmo (www.massimmo.com) so I guess they're pretty safe.

From what I gathered, if many ppl place their orders in advanced, the company is able to better manage their material ordering and manpower allocation. Also I think they have economy of scale if they can consolidate more orders rather than make piece by piece. These translate into savings which are passed down in terms of lower prices.

Most importantly, the price is too attractive to turn down... $788 for a sofa that feels as comfortable as a $1500 one and free replacement cover too. :notti:

Edited by hobbes187

I have ordered 1 2.1metre 3 seater fabric sofa from Siang Yang at FM.

Svc from the auntie was good.

Can take a look there.

I managed to get mine at $1050.

I wonder how much it will cost if I intend to take delivery in 2010 :yamseng: Just kidding hor, don't stone me.

Hi! My fiancee and i went to Morris a week ago during a sale and got a 3+2 leather sofa for $799! Seems like a very good deal because it was genuine leather and the design was quite good. It was advertised in the ST. Not sure if the deal is still on, but those who are interested can go there and try.

Hi wboson,

Any pics to share? Currently aiming for the hecom L-shaped

italy half leather sofa. But will hold back till mid may as the italy

leather is out of stock for many colours...

Will pay morris a visit~~ any websites which showcast the sofa??

:yamseng:

wboson,

Is it the one displayed directly at the entrance ? I bought it too. I agree that it is a very good deal at $799. Highly recommend it to those looking for sofa. :good:

Hi bluesea, can post any pictures??

Thanks~~

Here u go...

dsc00236oq6.jpg

I find the prices and quality at Seahorse Hecom fairly reasonable. But designs are subjective. Do checkout their showrooms to judge for yourself.

Thanks for the pics Max383!!

Agreed that seahorse sofas are value for money.

The italy leather is especially comfortable~~

:bleah: