Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
titank

Sofa Hunting, Cheap & Good!

Regine,

It's at 31 Admiralty Road, Fook Tong Nam Building. Actually, it was previsouly known as Melandas. Happy Shopping :dancingqueen:

Hi,

Thanks to this forum, I got my dining set and

coffee table from Morris over the weekend.

Realised that the price actually can go lower if

know the art of negotiation.

Got a good discount after waiving off installation

charges and GST.

The furnitures there are trendy and of good

quality. Strongly recommended!

:sport-smiley-003:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Thanks to this forum, I got my dining set and

coffee table from Morris over the weekend.

Realised that the price actually can go lower if

know the art of negotiation.

Got a good discount after waiving off installation

charges and GST.

The furnitures there are trendy and of good

quality. Strongly recommended!

Yeoman,

Gald you found what you like at Morris. I bought a set of sofa from them earlier. Agree that their furnitures are trendy and good quality. Most likely going down this weekend to look at their dining set again. Cant seem to find any that I like outside Morris.

Anyone has bought from SY Living before? What's the experience like?

We thought they had some really lovely modern pieces, it was pretty surprising considering they did not look trendy on the outside. We had a long chat with the SE, Dovan, very informative and not pushy or hard selling at all. And it seems they can customise their pieces to suit your taste at no extra cost!

Hi wboson,

Any pics to share? Currently aiming for the hecom L-shaped

italy half leather sofa. But will hold back till mid may as the italy

leather is out of stock for many colours...

Will pay morris a visit~~ any websites which showcast the sofa??

Hi bluesea, can post any pictures??

Thanks~~

Thanks for the pics Max383!!

Agreed that seahorse sofas are value for money.

The italy leather is especially comfortable~~

:sport-smiley-004:

Yeoman,

You bought your sofa from hecom oredi ? I also interested in their sofa. Any feedback ???

Charging GST

Only GST-registered businesses are allowed to collect GST. Click here to check whether a particular business is registered for GST.

Always ensure that the prevailing GST rate is being charged to you. Click here to check the prevailing rate.

Ensure that you are billed correctly. Generally, the price that is displayed should be the final price that you are paying. Click here for a guide. However, note that Hotels and the Food & Beverage industry are allowed to display GST exclusive prices if they charge service charge.

Always check that the GST amount is calculated correctly.

Prices advertised

All prices stated on the advertisements should be inclusive of GST. The following clauses are not acceptable:

"Prices stated are subject to GST"

"Prices stated are exclusive of GST"

"Prices stated are before GST"

Shoppers

When shopping, note that the final price displayed should be the amount that is inclusive of GST e.g. $107 instead of $100+.

Buying services

When buying services such as spa/facial packages, note that the final price that is being offered to you should be inclusive of GST.

Dining at restaurants

Service Charge:

When you dine at restaurants, GST is charged on the sum of price of the food/beverage and 10% service charge. This is because GST is a tax on the final value of any good or service consumed in Singapore and service charge is part of the price payable for the consumption of goods and services.

Display of GST-exclusive price:

Due to operational difficulties in displaying GST-inclusive prices because of the imposition of service charge, an administrative concession on price display was granted to hotels, restaurants and public houses.

Thus, restaurants are allowed to display GST-exclusive prices for all goods (including delivery/takeaway items) and services. However, restaurants must have a clear statement on their price display to show customers that prices are subject to service charge and GST. Do look out for it.

Click here to know more.

Know your consumer rights. IRAS trumps all businesses. GST Hotline: 1800 356 8633

Edited by DSA

Hi All,

Intend to set a budget of max to get a either a L-Shape Sofa or just a 3 seater. Material lookng at is PU Leather or PVC Leather. Budget set is $750 & below.

Can anyone advise me whether the following places is worth visiting? Wait go there can't anything good then better :bangwall:

(1) Castilla Design (Export Centre)

33 Sungei Kadut Avenue

(2) The Green (Alexandra ShowRoom)

(3) Morris Lifestyle Furnishing Pte Ltd

(4) Furniture HQ (Ang Mo Kio)

(5) The Furniture Warehouse

(6) Novena

Appreciate if those have get some good deals in warehouse area please share with me. :thumbs up:

Thanks a zillion.

:horse:

Hi May I know where is Furniture HQ? which part of AMK

if you can take Morris's hard sell tactics then try. I was stuck there for a long time. was trying to sell me some package which includes sofa, bed, matress , wardrobe... lots of things, but not cheap.

I almost gave in, but becos some of the products we had to 'order' based on pictures, and you don't get to see the actual product to assess the quality. Not very comfortable with that.

also, the sales person doesn't really know what is on sale. Best to bring the newspaper clipping along, as it shows photo with the price. We were quoted higher price than the clippings and had to go back to the car to take the pics/pricing b4 they amended the quotes. so happy shopping :)

tink the guy i spoke to was jason & the manager if i'm not wrong.

Me had a even worse experience there, bring the news clipping of the offered dinning set to show the SA.

And the answer i get, is : "Oh that is not the offer set its the marketing depart print the wrong set on the ad"

And the attitude of the SA is like, u want to buy than buy, if don't also nvm type.

:furious: Its the worse kind of service, i have seen since i start sourcing for furniture.

Regine,

It's at 31 Admiralty Road, Fook Tong Nam Building. Actually, it was previsouly known as Melandas. Happy Shopping :dancingqueen:

Hi! I'm a new member and just bought an L-shaped sofa at Morris. I recommend that you to approach their sale-staff Mr Ronnie. He is very friendly, well-versed/knowledgeable and do not practise high-pressure/hard-sell tactics.

Anyone heard of this Fashion Home located at 18 Genting Road. Apparently they made a lot of leather sofa and can even modify some minor changes like length, extension. Was quoted for about $2199 for most of the 3 piece L shape sofa.

Anyone heard of this Fashion Home located at 18 Genting Road. Apparently they made a lot of leather sofa and can even modify some minor changes like length, extension. Was quoted for about $2199 for most of the 3 piece L shape sofa.

Fashion home is the same company as Life Story. It has changed it's name several times (Life Story, Living Story now fashion Home) but ignorance me didn't read this thread b4 purchasing. Your can read more on this infamous company at another thread "Live Story versus Living Storey". By the way, I realised that the price quoted is really expensive. Lousy service, non delivery, empty promise and product quality is not up to standard. :bleah:

Fashion home is the same company as Life Story. It has changed it's name several times (Life Story, Living Story now fashion Home) but ignorance me didn't read this thread b4 purchasing. Your can read more on this infamous company at another thread "Live Story versus Living Storey". By the way, I realised that the price quoted is really expensive. Lousy service, non delivery, empty promise and product quality is not up to standard. :bleah:

Thanks so much

Hi all,

anyone try INCH near IFC. I happen to chance upon a 3 seater L shap sofa. comes in full leather, PU, PVC, etc.

Was quoted abt 1700 for PU set. comes with adjustable head rest and hand rest. seems like they made a lot of customised stuffs. also like the storage bed there

any comments?

Finally found our sofa from Uninova at Sungei Kadut Loop area! We were at that area looking for our sofa during a rainy day and almost give up after trying several stores. When we were walking towards our car, intending to leave the place, then we saw the side entrance of the store. Luckily we went in... and ended our weeks of searching.

The sofa we saw is exactly the same colour tone we are looking for. And most importantly the support of the cushion is good. Only thing is it is a 3-seater, smaller than the L-shape sofa we are planning to get. After a week of consideration, we decided to get a separate relax chair or lounge chair if necessary. So we went back to order the sofa! It will be delivered two weeks later.

:dancingqueen:

Hi all,

anyone try INCH near IFC. I happen to chance upon a 3 seater L shap sofa. comes in full leather, PU, PVC, etc.

Was quoted abt 1700 for PU set. comes with adjustable head rest and hand rest. seems like they made a lot of customised stuffs. also like the storage bed there

any comments?

$1.7k for PU 3-seater L shape sofa seems a bit steep...