Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
titank

Sofa Hunting, Cheap & Good!

Hi All,

Intend to set a budget of max to get a either a L-Shape Sofa or just a 3 seater. Material lookng at is PU Leather or PVC Leather. Budget set is $750 & below.

Can anyone advise me whether the following places is worth visiting? Wait go there can't anything good then better :)

(1) Castilla Design (Export Centre)

33 Sungei Kadut Avenue

(2) The Green (Alexandra ShowRoom)

(3) Morris Lifestyle Furnishing Pte Ltd

(4) Furniture HQ (Ang Mo Kio)

(5) The Furniture Warehouse

(6) Novena

Appreciate if those have get some good deals in warehouse area please share with me. :)

Thanks a zillion. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All,

Intend to set a budget of max to get a either a L-Shape Sofa or just a 3 seater. Material lookng at is PU Leather or PVC Leather. Budget set is $750 & below.

Can anyone advise me whether the following places is worth visiting? Wait go there can't anything good then better :yamseng:

(1) Castilla Design (Export Centre) - Not bad, u can go Parkmall outlet to see if but price > 1K.

33 Sungei Kadut Avenue . You can drop-by KD at sungei Kadut. Some designs can less than

<700

(2) The Green (Alexandra ShowRoom). No ideas

(3) Morris Lifestyle Furnishing Pte Ltd. I like the designs but too bad my house too small to accomodate. Price ok

(4) Furniture HQ (Ang Mo Kio). Can skip.

(5) The Furniture Warehouse. Can skip

(6) Novena. Quality not so good but can meet your budget.

Appreciate if those have get some good deals in warehouse area please share with me. :yamseng:

Thanks a zillion. :)

Castilla Design (Export Centre)

Past saturday papers (12 Jan 08) they are having promotion but the hotline seem like nobody picking up. Wonder is there a website where can view their sofa.

Think of going to Sungei Kadut also tired boy.

Like that think I can try go Castilla Design & Morris Lifestyle as they are in the same area (North). Still have any furniture warehouse in that area?

Furniture HQ & Furniture Warehouse can relaly skip? Price seem to be on a high side?

Edited by titank

Seahorse Brand? I thought they are specilaise into bedding system instead of sofa? :yamseng:

Anysingapore website where can view thier sofa products? :yamseng:

Lorenzo quality is good but will be ex, look out for sale, we got a 2.8m by 1.6m L-shape sofa fabric for 1.1k from them during sale.

another one is Defu furniture at tradehub 21 near Jurong East.

Star furniture also not bad, we got TV console there.

Celini also not bad , also located at furniture mall at beach road.

but i think Novena maybe not so good in quality, can skip

Lorenzo quality is good but will be ex, look out for sale, we got a 2.8m by 1.6m L-shape sofa fabric for 1.1k from them during sale.

another one is Defu furniture at tradehub 21 near Jurong East.

Star furniture also not bad, we got TV console there.

Celini also not bad , also located at furniture mall at beach road.

but i think Novena maybe not so good in quality, can skip

Another place to go is KAKI BUKIT 1st Enterprise.

They have quite a few sofa models and materials to choose from. Don't think they have website that display these models. You can drop by Compass Point or Tiong Bahru Plaza... both outlets have sofa display. Worth a visit.

Seahorse Brand? I thought they are specilaise into bedding system instead of sofa? :notti:

Anysingapore website where can view thier sofa products? :notti:

They have quite a few sofa models and materials to choose from. Don't think they have website that display these models. You can drop by Compass Point or Tiong Bahru Plaza... both outlets have sofa display. Worth a visit.

i got mine fabric cover, 4 seater L-shaped at about $600+ (cant really remember)

material wise, quite good as i like those hard type cushion, will not get out of shape easily :sport-smiley-004:

Castilla Design (Export Centre)

Past saturday papers (12 Jan 08) they are having promotion but the hotline seem like nobody picking up. Wonder is there a website where can view their sofa.

Think of going to Sungei Kadut also tired boy.

Like that think I can try go Castilla Design & Morris Lifestyle as they are in the same area (North). Still have any furniture warehouse in that area?

How is Morris Lifestyle? Is their sofa good? I'm thinking of going down to take a look, but I want to know how's the quality of their leather sofa? Do they have full genuine leather sofa?

if you can take Morris's hard sell tactics then try. I was stuck there for a long time. was trying to sell me some package which includes sofa, bed, matress , wardrobe... lots of things, but not cheap.

I almost gave in, but becos some of the products we had to 'order' based on pictures, and you don't get to see the actual product to assess the quality. Not very comfortable with that.

also, the sales person doesn't really know what is on sale. Best to bring the newspaper clipping along, as it shows photo with the price. We were quoted higher price than the clippings and had to go back to the car to take the pics/pricing b4 they amended the quotes. so happy shopping :notti:

tink the guy i spoke to was jason & the manager if i'm not wrong.

Don't like Morris, went there coz I saw an advert went there nobody know which set is the one advertise, so bought me to see 3 other sets in 3 levels (wonder if they trying to buy time) that is not related to the one advertise. Gave up, went home.

Ikea has a 2.5 seater at $695 which is half leather which you might want to consider.

Just walk past Seahorse last Sun and got some on offer at less than $700 including L-shape I think.

Courts...well...I better not say...got some cheap ones but...hmm...may not need to go and see unless you happen to walk past.

Yes, Courts has a few good L-Shaped sofa sets (leather and half-leather) on offer the last few weeks which range approx$800-1200. I already ordered my sofa in January, else I'd have seriously considered buying from them :sport-smiley-004:

Was at Courts mega store at Tampines yesterday. All the sub-$1000 sofa sets (either 3+2 or L-shape) seems to be 'simulated leather', which I believe is PVC. Only saw one full leather 3+2 at $1480 but design wise is not to our liking. Usual price I think is $2000+. The rest are all $1800 and above (after discount). Saw 1 or 2 designs we like but are all in the $2000+ range (again after discount price).

Also went to this furniture warehouse at Upper Thomson (next to the row of 3 petrol stations). Saw 2 sofa sets (3+2) that we like, one is about $1580, the other I think is couple of hundreds more. Half leather.

Still contemplating to go for that or just go for something cheap, like the IKEA half leather 2.5 seater, and than go with an armchair. Coz on a tight budget as many other things to buy. Or else may just go without sofa for now.

Also saw a display set sofa that we are considering, under $1500 for a L-shape sofa, full leather. But worried display set many many many (you get the point) sit before, may not be as lasting. And not very 'clean' look liao.