Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
titank

Sofa Hunting, Cheap & Good!

Dear all,

I am new to the forum. Renovation just started and I am busy looking around for furniture. I went to castilla, Home2B, OM and Morris Lifestyle. Noticed that ther products displayed between these few companies are very similar but Morris Lifestyle's price are averagely cheaper. I worried why their price can be cheaper by avergely 15% compared to other shops. When I ask the salesperson, he said the company is clearing its existing models to make way for new arrivals coming in April. Anyone got any feedback on Morris Lifestyle ?

I happen to go to all these 4 companies mentioned so just share my own experiences.

Morris - went there after seeing an ad, showed them the add but no one knows which is the sofa set on offer, 1 sales person push to another, and another, and finally one came to serve me say show me other set first. Went up and down to show me different sets, didn't like the look and ask again for the advertise set, finally brought me back to ground floor and pointed to one set, tell me that is the one (took her so long to realize?), don't look the same as the photo in the newspaper but insisted that's the one. Gave up and walk away. :dunno:

Castilla - Went to the one at IFC, saw some low prices but not real leather, got 1 full leather L-shape sofa that caught my eyes, shortlisted. Went to the main showroom/factory which happen to be nearby IFC. Walk through entire 1st floor and 2nd floor, not a single salesperson in sight, walk away. :(

OM - Went in to the leather section, the look and feel is excellent, :) very comfortable. :( But too costly, :D way out of budget. Went off wishing I can find a bag of dollar notes outside the showroom. :)

Home2B - saw a couple of sofa I really like, but a bit price out of my range too. Saw sales on paper, than proceed to the gallery at IFC, price is lower than before, like the look. Revised budget upwards (but still much lower than OM's) and committed. Note: price display excludes GST, almost walk away but after some haggling, salesperson got approval from management to waive, say since is the last promo set they will just do it for me. :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I happen to go to all these 4 companies mentioned so just share my own experiences.

Morris - went there after seeing an ad, showed them the add but no one knows which is the sofa set on offer, 1 sales person push to another, and another, and finally one came to serve me say show me other set first. Went up and down to show me different sets, didn't like the look and ask again for the advertise set, finally brought me back to ground floor and pointed to one set, tell me that is the one (took her so long to realize?), don't look the same as the photo in the newspaper but insisted that's the one. Gave up and walk away. :notti:

Castilla - Went to the one at IFC, saw some low prices but not real leather, got 1 full leather L-shape sofa that caught my eyes, shortlisted. Went to the main showroom/factory which happen to be nearby IFC. Walk through entire 1st floor and 2nd floor, not a single salesperson in sight, walk away. :good:

OM - Went in to the leather section, the look and feel is excellent, :) very comfortable. :rofl: But too costly, :deal: way out of budget. Went off wishing I can find a bag of dollar notes outside the showroom. :good:

Home2B - saw a couple of sofa I really like, but a bit price out of my range too. Saw sales on paper, than proceed to the gallery at IFC, price is lower than before, like the look. Revised budget upwards (but still much lower than OM's) and committed. Note: price display excludes GST, almost walk away but after some haggling, salesperson got approval from management to waive, say since is the last promo set they will just do it for me. :bangwall:

My experience with Morris is very good leh. The salesperson is very nice and knowledgeable as he explain the interior makeup of a sofa I interested in. My wife and I very impressed with him :P Did you notice a black leather L-shape sofa displayed on their 7th floor ? Very CHIO leh. Feel nice :) and comfy too. Selling at $1299.00. However, he say April 08 got new stock so my wife decided to wait until April. Can share the photo of the sofa you bought at Home2B ?

My experience with Morris is very good leh. The salesperson is very nice and knowledgeable as he explain the interior makeup of a sofa I interested in. My wife and I very impressed with him !! Did you notice a black leather L-shape sofa displayed on their 7th floor ? Very CHIO leh. Feel nice :~ and comfy too. Selling at $1299.00. However, he say April 08 got new stock so my wife decided to wait until April. Can share the photo of the sofa you bought at Home2B ?

Good for you...maybe we went in looking at the advert sofa (less than 1k) so they feel we not serious in buying, at first like nobody want to serve us, pass from one sales person to another, the final one like bo bian need to serve like that. !!

But nevermind lah, coz we didn't see anything we like there anyway...hahaha....we saw a few sets at the 7th floor, but in the end decided against it. Maybe we just don't feel comfortable with them anymore. Buy thing is like that, must feel comfortable with them first. Else how nice the thing also become not nice. !!

Our sofa set not delivered yet, will take 4-6weeks, about 2 weeks now liao. Still waiting. Will post a photo when I got it.

Keltong: Your hob from mayer is induction, vitroceramic or gas one from mayer?

Vitroceramic. Was thinking of induction but they don't have 2 burners. We only wanted 2 burners as we don't cook as often, and even if we do, we usually use max 2 only. We have the same one in our last home and it served us well. We really miss it when we are now at my parent's home. Kinda dislike flames now...haha...

Also, induction is too expensive and need special pots and pans. Decided it was too much to change and since we already have pots for the vitroceramic (which is any pots and pans with flat bottom), and we like it previously, we stick to it.

Ah, so you have some experience with vitroceramic types. I have a query to that. I also have vitroceramic hob from mayer but biggest problem is that there appears to be scorch like marks on the black glass hob after cleaning the hob when we're done with cooking. How do I remove those marks? Can advise?

Vitroceramic. Was thinking of induction but they don't have 2 burners. We only wanted 2 burners as we don't cook as often, and even if we do, we usually use max 2 only. We have the same one in our last home and it served us well. We really miss it when we are now at my parent's home. Kinda dislike flames now...haha...

Also, induction is too expensive and need special pots and pans. Decided it was too much to change and since we already have pots for the vitroceramic (which is any pots and pans with flat bottom), and we like it previously, we stick to it.

I got my fabric sofa at seahorse big, nice, good quality and most important is cheap L-shape sofa. Spent $500+ for a big 4 seater L-shape sofa... he he... I cheap skate king... :bangwall:

Ah, so you have some experience with vitroceramic types. I have a query to that. I also have vitroceramic hob from mayer but biggest problem is that there appears to be scorch like marks on the black glass hob after cleaning the hob when we're done with cooking. How do I remove those marks? Can advise?

A bit off topic in this thread but just a quick one. I don't have a lot of prob with the hob, but come to think of it I do have 1 or 2 marks on the hob that is difficult to remove. We just use normal soap and cloth to clean, don't dare to use scrub cause not sure if it will spoil the hob. But generally it is in good condition.

Hehehe sidetrack a bit only. Now I wonder how to remove such marks> :dunno: But waiting for pics of your sofa! :lol:

A bit off topic in this thread but just a quick one. I don't have a lot of prob with the hob, but come to think of it I do have 1 or 2 marks on the hob that is difficult to remove. We just use normal soap and cloth to clean, don't dare to use scrub cause not sure if it will spoil the hob. But generally it is in good condition.

Hi! My fiancee and i went to Morris a week ago during a sale and got a 3+2 leather sofa for $799! Seems like a very good deal because it was genuine leather and the design was quite good. It was advertised in the ST. Not sure if the deal is still on, but those who are interested can go there and try.

wow.. it does seem like a good deal! Any pictures to share?

Hi! My fiancee and i went to Morris a week ago during a sale and got a 3+2 leather sofa for $799! Seems like a very good deal because it was genuine leather and the design was quite good. It was advertised in the ST. Not sure if the deal is still on, but those who are interested can go there and try.

wboson,

Is it the one displayed directly at the entrance ? I bought it too. I agree that it is a very good deal at $799. Highly recommend it to those looking for sofa. :dancingqueen:

Hi, i'm also looking arnd for sofa. May i kw where is the Seahorse showroom that we can go and have a look at their range of products? On a tight budget. Looking for a L-shape fabric sofa that is not too big cos of space constraint. Anyone can advise on this? Thanks!

Biggest show room is at Compass Point. Tiong Bahru plaza branch also not bad in their range.

My L-shaped sofa is under $500... but I bought another set of spare covers at $98.

Happy hunting! :notti:

Hi, i'm also looking arnd for sofa. May i kw where is the Seahorse showroom that we can go and have a look at their range of products? On a tight budget. Looking for a L-shape fabric sofa that is not too big cos of space constraint. Anyone can advise on this? Thanks!