Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
titank

Sofa Hunting, Cheap & Good!

Please give Seahorse Hecom a try before you settle on a sofa...especially with Courts. Hecom has leather sofas at under $800. My experience with Courts is that the good ones are never cheap and the cheap ones are never good. In fact.... just about everything from furniture to electronics... one can find better deals elsewhere... at least within my own experience.

Sofas are not just about price and cover materials... the interior construction determines how comfortable and durable the sofa will be. That's why places like Carrefour can offer sofas for $300 in the past... these things simply cannot make it. !!

Seahorse is quite a trusted brand by many and they are pretty good at producing furniture with durable form fillings. Their range may not suit everyone, of course. But at their competitive prices and quality... it is certainly worth a look before you buy from Courts.

My two cents. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Any idea which Seahorse outlet has a better selection of Sofa to check out? Some of the outlets are way too small and have maybe 1 or 2 sofa in it only. Want to check it out before I make my final decision.

The largest outlet is at Compass Point at Sengkang. But the outlet at Tiong Bahru Plaza also has quite a few.

There are also other furniture stores like Silver River (Paya Lebar) and Beng Tuan (Genting Road)..... all have pretty nice looking sofas at reasonable prices. It is something that you will probably spend a lot of time on... better make sure you get the one that you like... and at good value. Good luck! :yamseng:

Any idea which Seahorse outlet has a better selection of Sofa to check out? Some of the outlets are way too small and have maybe 1 or 2 sofa in it only. Want to check it out before I make my final decision.

The largest outlet is at Compass Point at Sengkang. But the outlet at Tiong Bahru Plaza also has quite a few.

There are also other furniture stores like Silver River (Paya Lebar) and Beng Tuan (Genting Road)..... all have pretty nice looking sofas at reasonable prices. It is something that you will probably spend a lot of time on... better make sure you get the one that you like... and at good value. Good luck! :yamseng:

Thanks! Have spent the last weekend sofa hunting. On the way home was passing by Compass Point (along TPE) and was wondering if Seahorse has a shop there, but was too tired so didn't want to take the risk, if only I go and check it out! That will save me 1 trip.

Ok, will make it a point to go down there, not too far from my place by TPE anyway. Or maybe the TB one since near my workplace, can go there for lunch.

Silver River? Beng Tuan? Will check out the address on eguide (yellowpages sucks, I check 3 addresses over the last week and 2 turn out wrongly). These 2 places will leave it till this weekend. BUSY BUSY BUSY! Still got lots of things to sort out. Time is running out!

seahorse sofa highly recommended :good:

Hey Yang Guo,

tot ur sofa set is not 'seahorse' brand?

i olso kinda like e sofa & mattress. Not 2 high end type 4 mi.

It olso seems cheap & durable. :D

Hey Yang Guo,

tot ur sofa set is not 'seahorse' brand?

i olso kinda like e sofa & mattress. Not 2 high end type 4 mi.

It olso seems cheap & durable. :good:

hi jacky,

i almost got seahorse, its one of my shortlisted sofa, didnt get it eventually cos of its long delivery date (that time they only can deliver after cny :D )

ya u r right..its cheap,durable and nice (it comes with alot of nice colour)

v value for money

seahorse sofa highly recommended :notti:

Haven't really taken a closer look at Seahorse sofa, but my wife kinda cannot believe it will look nice, so need to check it out before deciding. Quite a few forumers seems to recommend it, so much check out to compare else later regret. Haha...

If you want leather, go for full leather, no point getting those PU/PVC/half leather. These sofas will feel comfy when u tried them in the showroom cos of the air-condition. Unless your living rm is also air-conditioned, you will feel warm and sweaty after sitting on it. If not, stick to fabric.

If you want leather, go for full leather, no point getting those PU/PVC/half leather. These sofas will feel comfy when u tried them in the showroom cos of the air-condition. Unless your living rm is also air-conditioned, you will feel warm and sweaty after sitting on it. If not, stick to fabric.

You mean half leather also as warm? I was toying with the idea of half leather or full leather, no PU/PVC for me definitely. For half leather, all the area with 'human touch' are leather, so should not feel warm. The only problem I see is that the non genuine leather part may wear off faster or tear easier than leather. The color fading (if any, do they fad at all?) may also be inconsistent between the 2 types. So if possible, will go for full leather unless really no choice ($$) than may get half leather.

You mean half leather also as warm? I was toying with the idea of half leather or full leather, no PU/PVC for me definitely. For half leather, all the area with 'human touch' are leather, so should not feel warm. The only problem I see is that the non genuine leather part may wear off faster or tear easier than leather. The color fading (if any, do they fad at all?) may also be inconsistent between the 2 types. So if possible, will go for full leather unless really no choice ($$) than may get half leather.

i will rather go for half leather, cos most of the time the human touch area is being used. the back of the sofa (not real leather) are no use at all..so no point having leather at "that" area

for the fading of leather, not so obvious la..cos its at the back of the sofa overall. the only apparent side is at the side of the sofa..but will not fade so easily cos we dont sit / touch there often

full leather almost twice the price of half leather leh..in terms of value for $, i personally will feel that half leather is good enough

my humble opinion, no right or wrong answer, dun flame me :bangwall:

i will rather go for half leather, cos most of the time the human touch area is being used. the back of the sofa (not real leather) are no use at all..so no point having leather at "that" area

for the fading of leather, not so obvious la..cos its at the back of the sofa overall. the only apparent side is at the side of the sofa..but will not fade so easily cos we dont sit / touch there often

full leather almost twice the price of half leather leh..in terms of value for $, i personally will feel that half leather is good enough

my humble opinion, no right or wrong answer, dun flame me :bangwall:

Haha...why flame you? I am still deciding about half and full leather. There is a good chance my the either back will be exposed, so depending on how I place my sofa. Where did you get yours? Any place to recommend? I've been going to quite a few places and still cannot decide. :~

Haha...why flame you? I am still deciding about half and full leather. There is a good chance my the either back will be exposed, so depending on how I place my sofa. Where did you get yours? Any place to recommend? I've been going to quite a few places and still cannot decide. :bangwall:

heh i am not their salesperson,but i took alot of weeks to search for reasonable price half leather sofa.

below shop is the name of the shop (univonna). price v reasonable and they have a wide range of sofas.

http://www.univonna.com

http://www.ifcsingapore.com/about-ifc.htm

delivery was on time and sofa was packed in styroform (duno how to spell)

Thanks...is the Admiralty their showroom also? Very near my new place, so can go check out anytime. Notice some of sofas I think I saw it at Silver River today. Hope they got more range than Silver River. Will go see see look look, thanks again.

Btw... half leather doesn't mean that the non-leather part is only at the back. Even the support area and the sides are made of PVC. Over time, the two materials will have different colour... so you have to decide if you are ok with that.

Thanks...is the Admiralty their showroom also? Very near my new place, so can go check out anytime. Notice some of sofas I think I saw it at Silver River today. Hope they got more range than Silver River. Will go see see look look, thanks again.