Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iandao

How Many Months Of Bonus Did U Guys Receive For 2007?

I work in shipping and the last 2 yrs have been record years in terms of freight and charter rates. Wld expect a similar bonus this year. Over capacity in 2010 so bonus is likely to be drastically reduced :(

most definately. especially with the high oil prices. freight charges have increased quite a bit too.

but you're in a much better position than many chaps. lol..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
most definately. especially with the high oil prices. freight charges have increased quite a bit too.

but you're in a much better position than many chaps. lol..

True. Daily charter rates for bulk carriers now (handymax size) is around 70K per day. last Nov it went up to 90K per day.

You work in finance, how erm, safe is taking a job there now? Been getting a few calls from search firms asking if I would mind if they send my profile over to some investment banks. I've told them that the timing is not right and the opp cost of leaving now and losing a similar bonus is not worth it .... unless they provide a sign on bonus which comes close :notti:

True. Daily charter rates for bulk carriers now (handymax size) is around 70K per day. last Nov it went up to 90K per day.

You work in finance, how erm, safe is taking a job there now? Been getting a few calls from search firms asking if I would mind if they send my profile over to some investment banks. I've told them that the timing is not right and the opp cost of leaving now and losing a similar bonus is not worth it .... unless they provide a sign on bonus which comes close :notti:

safe? lol. i have no idea.. you can try.

but i heard hsbc private bank just swipped 15 chaps off their books.. and they arent even that badly hit by all this crisis..

i think business for your side will continue to be good as long as oil prices remain around this range.

air freight is suffering more.

LOL..... BSBH dept. hahaaa.. is the contract stated 3months fixed. if even company make profit more then 100% i still have 3month fixed but other contract not fix they can get more then 3months or less if company make below 100%..

for me no matter company make 100 or more then 100 or less then 100% i still get 3months bonuse, its base on my employment contract.

Same lah BSBH also.. means civil side? I also want confirm 3 months.. do or dont do also get bonus.. shiok ah!

safe? lol. i have no idea.. you can try.

but i heard hsbc private bank just swipped 15 chaps off their books.. and they arent even that badly hit by all this crisis..

i think business for your side will continue to be good as long as oil prices remain around this range.

air freight is suffering more.

Jeebus, 15 canned as biz is not bad :bangwall:

Anyway will probably stay here for a bit longer, nice enough people I work with .... mostly :D

Jeebus, 15 canned as biz is not bad :bangwall:

Anyway will probably stay here for a bit longer, nice enough people I work with .... mostly :D

Cyclical... if you can ride this out, there will be a shortage of such people when it builds up again... The only question is how long... ;)

Same lah BSBH also.. means civil side? I also want confirm 3 months.. do or dont do also get bonus.. shiok ah!

no la, not civil. german base company