Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Saw an old ebay singapore auction with the box, got the USA flag some more. Price looks cheap leh. But so far only found Singaporebrides talk about this fan. So also not sure. They got light kit?

Yah, The Box with the USA flag. How much you saw that? how much cheaper? :rolleyes:

They have light kit too.. Optional.

I have't bought the fan, 56" @ $110. Made in USA is what they mention lah. :notti:

Saw an old ebay singapore auction with the box, got the USA flag some more. Price looks cheap leh. But so far only found Singaporebrides talk about this fan. So also not sure. They got light kit?

From our research, KDK is reliable but does not have many choices.

They have a showroom, but not many models in it. The showroom sale price is competitive to dealer price.

They have a funny ball like fan 44" for low ceiling that probably works well(see the specs) but isn't the look we wanted. Also a bit too small.

KDK also has this high-end yuragi fan, cost $400+ which gives a natural breeze.

KDK is best for its basic white model(like schoolroom), but that is for high ceiling.

The 4 blade deluxe model does not look good in real life. It looks better in catalogue. The blades very thin.

Elmark, we went to the showroom, they have a lot of models, a lot of different design there. But the design not appealing to me, some very chintzy/complicated. The basic simple ones also I dun like. Some complain Elmark the wind generally no good and I have to concur. Their basic flat low ceiling fan gives almost no wind at all, might as well not put. The ones with the 4" rod(?) that look like flying saucer not so bad. But again, we dun like the design, we prefer simple design that does not draw attention to fan.

I suggest Elmark is good because of its large range of design......but if u want basic simple-looking white model, no frills, go for KDK.

Lots of the brands lack a good low ceiling fan that is simple in design. There is one generic model in Elmark, Amasco with simple which is very super-flat. Never buy this if u want strong wind. It is only good to circulate air in an aircon room. It cannot provide strong wind because it is too flat to the ceiling, and the blades are also too flat.

The other low ceiling fans are like the airtek, airwolf from brands like Elmark and Amasco, it has a generic shape like a flying saucer and comes with a short rod so it can be attached to low ceiling. This one is OK, if you dun mind the complicated look.

To attach to the low false ceiling, the contractor has to make a kind of wooden bracket that is actually attached to the real ceiling. This can be done without much problem, but it has to be done well for safety reasons. Like this your low ceiling fan can be installed on your false ceiling, no problem.

Tamco, a local brand, has a better low celing fan called "hugger". This one is only 48" but puts out a lot of wind because of blade design--the blades widen towards the tips. But got no remote and regulator is ugly.

If u want the max wind from a low ceiling fan, this is the one to get. The design is also very simple and clean.

Only got white color though, and presently cannot find on internet, altho can buy already.

As a last point, when u go to the showroom for some brands, they give u a quote that is much more than the dealers along Jalan Besar. Dun get cheated, try the Jalan Besar dealers(like TaiYong, Royal Fanco, Lim Kim Thye, Blk 30 Kelantan Lane, etc) also, they can quote you as much as 30%+ lower than some showroom/agents.

Another advice:

When u go to Jalan Besar to look for ceiling fan, prepare for flooding if it rains hard.

Dun park your car in the verasamy or hindoo lanes that side, they flooded up to halfway up the tyre.

That time we went there, got trapped in the Royal Fanco, the water almost coming into the shop........

hi,

do anyone, use the Rega ceiling fan? The Eunos Warehouse, promote the rega. said it's made in us, life time warannty. less noisy. :bangwall:

Any user of rega? how's the feed back? please comment...

What's the size and how much is it? Make in USA? Wow...

I have't bought the fan, 56" @ $110. Made in USA is what they mention lah. :dunno:

hi,

do anyone, use the Rega ceiling fan? The Eunos Warehouse, promote the rega. said it's made in us, life time warannty. less noisy. :sport-smiley-018:

Any user of rega? how's the feed back? please comment...

Hi Keltong, Can i know wat brand of ceiling fan did u pick for the bedroom? N wats the size that u pick?

I bought Amasco 52" with 3 light kits. Say is suitable for most HDB. Can use for bedrooms and living room. The 42" (or was it 46") fan are actually more expensive and is use mostly in condo bedroom.

keltong,

Thanks.. so much... so you been there liao?

No...not going there liao...bought all my ceiling fans from Palace of Lights at Balestier. Recommended by a friend who always buy from them. Very happy with the deal. They just came today to fix up my 7 ceiling fans (with light kit) and 2 heaters and rest of the lights. :notti:

keltong,

Do you around which area, which street, around industrial park?

This is from the Strait Times Classified

Eunos Warehouse

3 Kaki Bukit Rd 2 #01-08A

(opp Geely Showroom)

10am - 9pm

9880-8447

BTW saw in the Straits Times classified either yesterday or the day before that this place in Eunos having warehouse sales for Ceiling Fans, claim to have over 5000 pieces (not sure how many display) and starts from $49 only. Never been down so can't verify, if you are around the area you may go take a look too.

keltong,

Do you around which area, which street, around industrial park?

BTW saw in the Straits Times classified either yesterday or the day before that this place in Eunos having warehouse sales for Ceiling Fans, claim to have over 5000 pieces (not sure how many display) and starts from $49 only. Never been down so can't verify, if you are around the area you may go take a look too.