Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahjane

Updates On Light Shop

going to buy lights soon..been walking around balestier and writing down prices and drawing pics in my little black book..hehe..typical female..

but not sure who to to buy cos of so many bad reviews on light shops in Balestier. i wan crystal but so afraid they will break during bad delivery.

Anyone kind to share recent purchases?

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
going to buy lights soon..been walking around balestier and writing down prices and drawing pics in my little black book..hehe..typical female..

but not sure who to to buy cos of so many bad reviews on light shops in Balestier. i wan crystal but so afraid they will break during bad delivery.

Like you, I also had a little black notebook with me as I strolled down Balestier Rd, noting down the product codes and designs of the lighting I liked.

I visited Chan Huat where they had a good but expensive selections of crystal chandeliers and hanging lights. However I finally made most of my lighting purchases at Pan Tech Light Trading at Jurong East. Overall I had a good bargain especially on the PLC downlights which is selling for $28/- each.

While you are at Jurong East, you can also visit Chelsea Lighting which about 2 doors away from Pan Tech. But I chose to purchase from Pan Tech after comparing prices between the 2 shops. Most of the lighting found at Balestier can be found at these 2 shops as well.

Meanwhile I am still searching for reasonably priced crystal chandelier for my living room. Lobangs, anyone?

wow i buy from royal franco too. and my aircon also from All Best at Imm..all items from both shops delivery and installing next week.

Edited by ahjane

Same here. Read and heard numerous bad reviews on Blaestier Light shops. Guess they do "up" their price higher as tt plac is one of the main hub for lights. Perhaps you would want to look around in Balestier for the lights u like and take down their model numbers as references and source in other locations. That is wht I did and I got the lights i like with overall cost lower. I just completed my purchases last week. Did my purchases at A lightings (Geylang) and Hylite Deco (Jurong East). The staff in these 2 shops are very helpful and they help recommend similar items based on your budget too.

hope it helps :unsure:

Hi,

im not sure but i did make a trip to balestier and geyland but seems that those in geyland are much more ex as compared to the one in balestier.

not sure why its the other way around for u guys.

same model but get more expensive price in geyland than balestier :notti:

anyone can enlighten?

Like you, I also had a little black notebook with me as I strolled down Balestier Rd, noting down the product codes and designs of the lighting I liked.

I visited Chan Huat where they had a good but expensive selections of crystal chandeliers and hanging lights. However I finally made most of my lighting purchases at Pan Tech Light Trading at Jurong East. Overall I had a good bargain especially on the PLC downlights which is selling for $28/- each.

While you are at Jurong East, you can also visit Chelsea Lighting which about 2 doors away from Pan Tech. But I chose to purchase from Pan Tech after comparing prices between the 2 shops. Most of the lighting found at Balestier can be found at these 2 shops as well.

Meanwhile I am still searching for reasonably priced crystal chandelier for my living room. Lobangs, anyone?

PLC downlight is medum size?

Hi,

im not sure but i did make a trip to balestier and geyland but seems that those in geyland are much more ex as compared to the one in balestier.

not sure why its the other way around for u guys.

same model but get more expensive price in geyland than balestier :yamseng:

anyone can enlighten?

i din go geylang. Only walking aroung balestier is enuff to tire me out. As i am only buy 2 lightings, dun really have bargaining power. Must give and take, between time and money. My hubby not that kind would wan to scout for days, ask 20 shops for the prices for the same item and go back another day again to buy.

As long as the price quoted to you is reasonabl and we are willing to pay, i would consider that a rip off.

But after you buy, do not go around to ask prices again cos will be heartpain if got cheaper quote. hehe

Mentioning about lighting, hubby & myself been surveying almost all the shops in balestier & jalan besar. In comparison, we found that lighting in jalan besar is more expensive compared with balestier. Luckily my fiance is a person who love to scout around to compare prices.

For example, we went to one shop in balestier and its called Lights Arcade. We found a crystal pendant light for our dining and the salesgirl have quoted us $220 (108 of S4 crystal/set) on the first visit. On our second visit, we ask for the same salesgirl and she quoted us $238 for the same very set. We did check with other shops, the max we get is $320 for the set.

Among all the shops in balestier, I would recommend DE LIGHT HOUSE. They offered us lighting at reasonable price. Service is very good, warm & friendly approach.

Below are the things we got from them: -

Glass Pendant lights (720pcs, S4 egyptian crystals) - $300

ceiling fan from fanco 54 inch blade with light and remote - $280

Chandelier S4 egytian crystals (master bedroom) - $120

Bathroom & kitchen lights - $100 (set of 5, mix & match)

Passage way light - $40

silver 2X13 downlights - $24/set (we bought 10set)

false ceiling 2X18 silver - $30/set (we bought 2 set)

T8 ace lights - $14/set (we bought 10 set)

Door bell - FOC

Extra light bulbs for each.

If any of u happen to drop by the shop, do look for Damien...

Hope my info do helps all of u out there.

Mentioning about lighting, hubby & myself been surveying almost all the shops in balestier & jalan besar. In comparison, we found that lighting in jalan besar is more expensive compared with balestier. Luckily my fiance is a person who love to scout around to compare prices.

For example, we went to one shop in balestier and its called Lights Arcade. We found a crystal pendant light for our dining and the salesgirl have quoted us $220 (108 of S4 crystal/set) on the first visit. On our second visit, we ask for the same salesgirl and she quoted us $238 for the same very set. We did check with other shops, the max we get is $320 for the set.

Among all the shops in balestier, I would recommend DE LIGHT HOUSE. They offered us lighting at reasonable price. Service is very good, warm & friendly approach.

Below are the things we got from them: -

Glass Pendant lights (720pcs, S4 egyptian crystals) - $300

ceiling fan from fanco 54 inch blade with light and remote - $280

Chandelier S4 egytian crystals (master bedroom) - $120

Bathroom & kitchen lights - $100 (set of 5, mix & match)

Passage way light - $40

silver 2X13 downlights - $24/set (we bought 10set)

false ceiling 2X18 silver - $30/set (we bought 2 set)

T8 ace lights - $14/set (we bought 10 set)

Door bell - FOC

Extra light bulbs for each.

If any of u happen to drop by the shop, do look for Damien...

Hope my info do helps all of u out there.

Hi,

Can l have the address for this shop DE LIGHT HOUSE that you have mentioned.

l could not locate the shop.

Pls advise?

Thanks...

I brought my PLC downlight double tube with reflector cost 20 at balestier shop name elite.I think u ganna carrot head liao.

Strongly recommend Vlux at geylang rd.

Good service with a large collection of nice lightings.

Got our crystal lightings there too.

Pricing reasonable.

They have their own free carpark lot too~

:sport-smiley-003:

I recommend A Lighting Enterprise at Geylang too..

Went to Balestier before I visited them and I was awed by their pricing... Even their listed price is lower than the discounted price given by the Balestier shops..

Worth considering visiting them and see what you can get :D