Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lxiul

Kitchen Sink Using Concret Sink Or Normal Wood Cabinet?

Is the costs the same? ID never ask me abt this but i read some forummers here are using concrete sink.

What are the pros and cons?

my kitchen sink area will be all the way to the kitchen window wall area. now i am abit worried if it normal cabinet will corrode easily due to water and rainy days.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Cannot be the same lah, concrete support for sink area is more expensive. If your ID didn't say anything, just tell him you want concrete support for the whole of your sink area :help:

I personally prefer concrete support for sink area. In fact I am doing a long stretch of concrete support for kitchen sink, chopping area and stove. I can do all my chopping work on it without worrying that it will collapse one day.

Using wood cabinet, you have to be careful so that water stain from the wash area is always wipe off, so that it will not slowly sip through to the wood via trimming lines or joints. I have a study table with edges warping due to contact lens solution spilled overnight without me realising it :o It was a very new table with laminated plywood :)

Hmmm, I never really thought of this. But guess I will make do with the wooden support. We do not really cook that much, much less any chopping.

Probably usefull information for my 5 years plan to move again. :)

will it be weird using concrete support for the wet kitchen sink area if i am using solid surface kitchen top?

anybody use this combi b4?

you can request for cupboards to be built over it. In this way, no one can tell u have concrete support and u can have ur solid surface top. I think quite a few forumers did this.

It is fine as long as this is what you want, that is your house mah :bangwall:

Anyway, I am using concrete support for my wet kitchen area with granite top. I used aluminium glass door under the concrete support. However, if you wish to use wooden cabinet underneath, my contractor, Patrick from Ho Bee ever told me it is possible to use wooden frame to hide the concrete support in such a way that you won't get to see the bricks and cements part. It will look like a normal wood cabinet under your solid surface kitchen top. Just tell your contractor to do it this way :yamseng:

hee thanks for all ur advise! :bangwall: i will ask my ID to do concrete base support at sink area with wooden cupboard cover up then! :help:

hi ckoonyin,

may i know how much was ur the concrete sink support? do you have a picture of how it looks like when opened? !!

i think mine was about 200 plus if i am not wrong. i got the pics in my blog.......come come see see :)

urs quite cheap.. ho bee quote me $680.. duno why i realise my quote always abit high ... we look like cai tao issit? :bangwall:

i'm quite puzzled how did the carpentry guy manage to stick the cupboard to the concrete block? hee..

are you able to take a pic of how the cabinets doors and exterior aree joined together with the concrete?

so i can show to my ID. :)

oOoh u mean ur cupboard door shelvings are just sitting on top of the indent concrete support? got drill into the the concrete? will it fall off if its just sittin on it?

hee dun mind can i repost ur sink pic here? for better viewing: :yamseng:

DSC01778.jpg

mine also $680

so far all the IDs / contractors quote around this price for concrete support

$200+ is dirt cheap wor :unsure:

hee.. issit? at least i feel better now i'm not the odd one heehee..:P

i remember asking abt the low wall with hollow block at shower area also came back very ex!! one forumer got $280 for 2 hollow block low walls in toilet. i got quoted $480 for 1.

perhaps cement and concrete material increase 100% since few mths ago.. :dunno:

Edited by lxiul