Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
missysg

My First Humble Hse In Jurong West.....

Years ago, I gave up my balloting for Tivela in Bungkok. An ideal location as is near to the MRT station however i gave up due to certain reason. And years later, I try balloting for all the past BTO projects however all my $10 contribution just got eaten up by HDB.

皇天不负有心人,I finally gotten a Q nos for the 2007 July balloting in Jurong West. To some ppls staying in the central area or to those who can afford an over 30k of 4 rooms flat in Boon Keng, Jurong west is like like a 狗不拉屎place. But then to me, is not the case. Firstly, is near to my parent house. Secondly, is near to the expressway. Thirdly, is near to the future pioneer mrt station. Fouthly, is near to the stadium and lastly, I like the environment cos it gives me that kind of 宁静feel. Although is not our ideal level, however 没鱼虾也好 at least is our ideal floor plan. Anyway, nothing is 十全十美。I just hope that 家和万事兴 then ok liao.

On the 6 Nov was the day I collected my hse key if i rem correctly. lol. Still hesitating if this was really what i want....I mean do i really wanna settle down? Even till today, u ask me this question, i am still not able to answer you. Hahaha...thats the character of a gemini ba....always 三心俩意。哈哈。

If you were to ask me when was the date i do my initial house opening, i seriously dun rem. Hahaha. During the initial stage, it was fun. Searching of renovation quote, see see here look look there. Hahaha. But as times goes by....I get abit tired of all these. Aand of cos, quarrels do occurs but all these are just part and parcel of setting up our new home. We took months before we settle down on our ID and getting our renovation started. Wow really take **** long right. Hahaha ya partially also due to the BSC peoples who took a long long time to rectify the defects. If i am going to give a rating on the BSC efficiency of rectifying the defects, they sure to fail. But i am lucky as my TO is a nice person who really take care of our hse defects. He make sure the BSC guys complete the defects and give me a call to update me on the status regularly. It was really nice of him. And till date, all my defects had been rectified. Horrary.

After mths of discussion and sourcing, finally the aircon, platform, renovation, electrical work are going to start. I had also gotten my drawing from my ID. Going to post it up soon.

Edited by missysg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Years ago, I gave up my balloting for Tivela in Bungkok. An ideal location as is near to the MRT station however i gave up due to certain reason. And years later, I try balloting for all the past BTO projects however all my $10 contribution just got eaten up by HDB.

皇天不负有心人,I finally gotten a Q nos for the 2007 July balloting in Jurong West. To some ppls staying in the central area or to those who can afford an over 30k of 4 rooms flat in Boon Keng, Jurong west is like like a 狗不拉屎place. But then to me, is not the case. Firstly, is near to my parent house. Secondly, is near to the expressway. Thirdly, is near to the future pioneer mrt station. Fouthly, is near to the stadium and lastly, I like the environment cos it gives me that kind of 宁静feel.

Although is not our ideal level, however 没鱼虾也好 at least is our ideal floor plan. Anyway, nothing is 十全十美。I just hope that 家和万事兴 then ok liao.

chop 1st~! heehee... congrats on ur "opening" of ur blog.. gong hee gong hee... pic pic~!!!

th_P4120966.jpg

Edited by Zen2008

Ok for a start.... i just show you guys my floor plan as well as my design for my humble house. Dun laugh k..hahah

img001-1.jpg

homedesign-1.jpg

Edited by missysg

To some ppls staying in the central area or to those who can afford an over 30k of 4 rooms flat in Boon Keng, Jurong west is like like a 狗不拉屎place.

狗不拉屎place is better, dogs wunt anyhow 拉屎 den. Cleaner.. Hehheh.. :D

L3x

wow...just started my T Blog less than two hours and already got so many viewers le...abit stress up lei...i try my very best to upload lotsa of photos so as not to disappoint u guys.

ok..in order to save $, we do the painting ourselves. hahah..although we are not those professional neither we are those good 画家 but i believe no matter hw the work would turn out to be, we are sure to be 满意cos is our effort after all. haha. my bf got some business associates which is working in nippon so manage to get the paint at a discounted price. Total spending on the paint including the wall sealer cost $450...ermmm exlcude my ici paint which is meant for the MBR. hahaha...Today we did our 1st stage of painting...wall sealer. Ya HDB already put the sealer for us liao but u know la..their sealer is cfm those 淡如白开水 one so some of them encourage us to paint another layer of wall sealer so then we buy the wall sealer paint lor if not i am only paying $300 for all these colour paints you see below. Ok here are some pics.

nippon paint

Paint.jpg

paint for living room and study room

Paintliving-2.jpg

paint for my mahjong room

Paintmahjong-1.jpg

this is for all the doors but my my bf friend said this can be used to paint on our timber flooring. We going to try that out.

Doorandflooring.jpg

paint for my mbr

Paintformbr.jpg

Edited by missysg

Due to budget constraint, we need to progress our renovation in stages. We engaged a ID firm to take care of my kitchen, bar counter, shoe cabinet and false ceiling.

Following are the drawings from my ID. Think the shoe cabinet abit stupid. hahaha.. we actually choose this journal design as our shoe cabinet and with black colour leather lining on the side. Hahaha...we ask the ID got anyone choose this design and she said no. So we told her ok then we take this since we dun want to have the same shoe cabinet as others. hahah... :sport-smiley-004:

the longer side of my kitchen

Kitchen2.jpg

the shorter side of my kitchen

Kitchen.jpg

the inner side of my bar / breakfast counter

Bar.jpg

my suspended full height shoe cabinet at the side of my door entrance

Shoe.jpg

Edited by missysg

狗不拉屎place is better, dogs wunt anyhow 拉屎 den. Cleaner.. Hehheh.. :D

L3x

haha u are right.

spam chop :dancingqueen:

very big kitchen you've got, envy siah :wub: :wub:

and your shoe cabinet laminate :good:

i know a fellow forummer is looking for furnitures that has this kind of prints :notti:

Edited by applefreak

Free labour at work :notti:

Painting.jpg

Paint3-1.jpg

painting the common toilet

Paintingtoilet.jpg

finally got ur pic ritz huh?

oh~ so these are ur "free" labour ah.. not bad leh, look pro wat... tink 3 enuff liao.. haha...