Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Right now mine is still in the discussion stage with Jessie. Waiting to see 3D drawings which she needs 3 weeks time to get it done. I think she is really busy sometimes. Today never answer my call because I want to make some changes....

Their quotation is not the cheapest, but why I choose her is because of good reviews. Any one is also using them now?

I really have to thank Alex and Jessie, both came to my house 1 nite to take down all the defects again since Orange said she has lost the defects list and also the photos (only she knows), she even took the project file away, she told Alex that she will return the project file but till now disappear. And I actually owe the Company balance of $500 plus only. Jessie really wrote down everything in her note book and within a week they have made all the necessary arrangements with the Contractors to rectify everything in just 2 days. During these 2 days, Jessie came down personally to monitor and she really make sure the contractors rectify everything...... Alex came down also to make sure everything goes smoothly.

I really really have to praise Jessie compared with Orange, Orange is like **** and Jessie is like Heaven.... I can really see Jessie made sure the Contractors done up everything really I have no words to describe her... When Alex brought Jessie to my house 1 nite to go through the defects again I was thinking die liao lah, forum said she beri busy and only defects she want to take the job mieh....

Shock in my life ...... I have no words to describe Jessie I regretted never use her as my ID, I should have tried calling her but I didnt..... 1 day if I gg to renovate my house and someone gg to renovate their house, Jessie forever is my choice....

Hi

Can i have Jessie's contact number?

Thanks

Yuli

Met up with the consultant Martin from Inside Living ,very impress with his friendliness and after quote follow up.Price was good presentation was excellent because he speaks gd english!me being of foreign descendant appreciates that.Up till now he's still sending his regards through msgs and mails.give him a shot!

I speak to him as well, impress by his english and way of handling his client. Plan to have them renovate my new bto. Anyone care to share more reviews on inside living? :)

I speak to him as well, impress by his english and way of handling his client. Plan to have them renovate my new bto. Anyone care to share more reviews on inside living? :)

you seen my t-blog before?

Hi,

I have recently got a quote from Inside Living (Michael Chow), have anyone here engaged his service for your house renovation? Please share with me any good or bad feedback :)

Thank u

Hi Ben,

How was your renovation by Michael Chow from Inside Living Design? I've got a quote from him recently and yes he is very friendly. Can you share some feedback on the final product workmanship.

My new unit is under renovation and my ID is Michael Chow from Inside Living Design whom I strongly recommend. He is helpful, patient and willing to listen to our requests.

He even accompanied us to purchase tiles, fans, lightings, kitchen and toilet accessories during his birthday off. Michael is very patience even though we made numerous changes to our initial selection of tiles and several last minute changes of our designs. He is always prompt in replying my messages when I had any queries or issues.

Now our renovation is work in progress and he constantly send photos to keep us updated.

We appreciate what he have done.

Hi All,

I engaged Inside Living / (Michael Chow: 85852134) to renovate my 4RM resale flat in the western part of Sg in Feb 2014 and I would like to share with you my experience.
They were selected after meeting 5 different shortlisted Contractors from the local forums over 2 weeks. Winning edge: Meticulous

Time period: Good, consistent, no delays. 1.5 months from project commencement till hand over (minus minor redos)
Budget: Slightly over budget, ~$55K, 105sqm. Condition of house was below average and considerable amount of hacking done. Quality: As expected. Apart from a few capentry hiccups, the rest are perfect. No slip short work produced.
Service: Good. Consultant was patient, honest and very willing to meet us. Easy to contact and takes responsibility and does not shun them when hiccups happen. Flexible to help on last minute requests and does not charge us unnecessary.
What I like: Sincerity of consultant to make things happen. Not pushy and very willing to negotiate to meet my requests (on ideas and price). Tries his best to meet all my requests.
What could be improve: Could improve with more experience over time. Tends to be service oriented rather than knowledge oriented. Could be more forceful towards partners so that they do not mess up the overall experience.
Overall Experience: ILD delivered a good expereience for us. However I was personally involved in much of the interior designing. Ideas given are mostly generic and not much of creativity involved. Some 3rd parties engaged caused some minor headaches which could be avoided. Coordination works could be a little tighter towards the end.

Rating: 3 out of 5

Edited by EdwinOng

Hi,

Just to share my experience with Inside Living Design. Before i decided to engage them, i met about 8 ids. Because i want my dream house in a special way :notti:

My flat is a 3 room resale hdb in AMK. After i met so many ids, frankly speaking ... one word TIRED. One of my friend recommended Michael Chow to me , i hope he can give me suprise? Arranged a meet up with him, within the discussion i was suprise with his creativity of reno & design ideas. So after a dicussion with my wife we finally engaged Michael Chow as my reno ID. Below is the comments to him :

Space planing 7/10 : Special , practical & high creativity. ( He proposed a open island concept in a 3 room flat which i never see before. awesome!! i like his idea is not only because it is special but practical that suit my needs )
Design 7.5/10 : My theme is a modern black & white theme. The colour matching of his proposal for laminates , walls & tiles is definitely match nicely. He made my house feel like a condo *** especially my island & master bedroom :good:
Price 7/10 : His quotation is not the most expensive, but also not the cheapest. But Inside Living Design having a very good offer to view the 3D drawing before sign any contract. i'm willing to pay & take a look before sign up anything, it's seems a safer way for me. He explained to me in this way also avoid paying hidden costs. i'm a kiasu guy :notti: In the end , really no extra costs... but i just added something to bring up the costs. overall i spent 35K for my reno.
Timeline 8.5/10 : We having a very tide schedule ... Michael promised us to finish the whole reno within 7 weeks, in the beginning i still doubt is it possible? after having a site meeting with michael, we are get rdy to start work. As he promised , we received a time schedule from michael. We really appreciate him , we moved in 2 days earlier from the timeline.

coordination 7.5/10 : From the 1st day start works , michael always updated us the sites photos. When we have doubts & questions , he replied asap. But also some deflect works for carpentry , but overall he settled all deflects work in time.
Others 7/10 : Before we go with michael to purchase the bathrooms accessories & lightings , we already do survey with the prices. The prices is negotiable & fair price, so we just go for it. But one of my down light having problem after michael handover the house to me, i called michael & he arrange the lighting shop came and replace a new one for me. i was happy with their service.

Overall 7.5/10 : i appreciate what michael done for us , i highly recommend him to my friends which getting their key soon end of year.

Hi,

It was a very good experience to have Inside Living Design as my ID. After I have met so many IDs before I did renovation to my new 3 rooms condo, I have engaged Inside Living Design Consultant – OBIANG as my ID.

I must say, he is a very creative and professional designer that I’ve ever met. Before I know him, I went to 7 IDs, and they provided me with almost the same layout plan and solutions for my renovation until I met OBIANG. He somehow or rather was able to provide me with some new and fresh ideas that I’ve never thought off and seen before, it blew my mind :jammin: especially on how he played around with spaces, lights, shapes and colors in a practical way (Love the false ceiling design and smart storage design so much!). Those beautiful ideas reflected on 3D drawings in early stage of the renovation (although you need to pay deposit first before you get the 3D), I took the risk and it’s so worth eventually.

Come to price wise, I won’t say that he is the most expensive or cheapest ID among all, for me it’s worth at 30K + for my contract amount. Full renovation.

At renovating stage, I had a comfort time to work with OBIANG, every single defect work, he came and checked personally to make sure that there is no problem has left for me. It’s very important to me and my wife, because we are very busy with our work. We had no time to supervise the renovation. I am really impressed by his coordination abilities. :good:

Also, OBIANG took me and my wife to choose the furniture, lighting and bathroom accessories & fixtures to blend in the design concepts, I really appreciate everything he has done for us.

Now my dream home has completed, all the visitors are impressed by the actual work indeed. GOOD JOB OBIANG! I definitely will consider him as my personal designer in future. Thumbs up for him! :good:

Edited by Terry

Hi.............

Renovating your new home in a classic way with latest renovation trends and policies can be highly satisfying. It gives you complete contentment and allows your home to look more beautiful and comfortable. It is easy to remodel your home by hiring an interior design singapore who will renovate your space with creativity and preparation. For more details please cheak this link http://www.1clickrenosg.com/ .

Have my Punggol house renovated by Inside Living 9 months ago and have a pretty bad experience.

From design, 3D drawing to carpentry and after sales service has been a total disaster to me. My ID is not only unfamiliar with BTO flats, he's forgetful and shows a total lack of planning.

I took 3 months off from work (yes that's right) and attend to my renovation on site more frequently than my ID. I even have to deal with the carpenters,electrician, plumbers etc on site to the point that my ID will at times just tell me to instruct them what to do myself as he was not "free". I found out alot of defects/wrong stuffs along the way and have to correct them, even though I have informed my ID what I wanted several times.

I still have quite a number of left over defects which my ID promised to fix but after paying my last payment he did not bother to contact me unlike before payment. I just found out he had left the company and I have called Inside Living twice and waited more than a week, didn’t even get an acknowledgement from them.

That's very disappointing considering that my ID kept emphasizing Inside Living is very particular about after sales service.

My BTO come with floor tiles and door and I did not do tiling overlays/hacking for both toilets. For that I have paid more than 45K to inside living for renovation alone (not including furniture, lightings, appliances and toilet fixtures etc, I spent about 85K in total if including everything). I expect more than this kind of service for the amount I paid. Its sad when your friends came over during open house and comment "Why you spent so much but the house looks like this?"

When completing my ID ask me how i felt about the renovation I told him I'm not satisfied. He still have the cheek to tell me he agreed that there are a lot of mistakes, screw ups, workmanship and design problems and he will not use the carpenters and 3D designers again. If have a chance to renovate my house again next time he will do it much more better.

Really is WTF. I only have 1 house and I’m not renovating every year like I change clothes.

If as a ID you know you cannot put in 100% and you have problems with your carpenters/design team etc then let me know and I will engage somebody else from the start. Don't come and screw with my house and make me live with something that you as an ID is not satisfied too.

Here's a list of my problems:

3D Drawing:
Very lousy 3D drawing. The design, colours are all wrong and I think any amateur students can draw better. Keep delaying the 3D Drawing and cannot produce them on the time agreed. They started carpentry without completing my 3D drawing. In the end when I demand my 3D drawing my ID still ask me "Are you sure you still want the 3D drawing? Its no good..."

Seriously??? After I complaint that if I don’t require a 3D drawing I would have engage a contractor instead of
an ID then I got my 3D drawing.

I still kept the drawings with me and show to guest visiting my house. They cannot believe that the drawing is produced by a professional ID company.

My ID told me later that the 3D designer was sacked as the other ID/customers were not satisfied with the 3D Drawing, but once again it does not benefit me at all since my house design is already screwed up.

I have my living room ended up in a laminate i hated, but due to the lack of proper 3D drawing before carpentry, I could not see my design until they install it.

I keep thinking of the net renovation because of this, and seriously it don't feel good at all.

Planning:
My ID seems to be overloaded with other projects on hand. Have to kept calling him to get things going. Not only that he is very forgetful too. Alot of things I told him not to do and it will end up exactly the way I reminded him not to do, despite reminding him many times. He will give excuse like "I told the contractors but they forget."

He told me some of the common mistakes he said some novice ID will make which he won’t; in the end he does the exactly same thing. Again lots of excuses.

Keep asking me to get the LED lights ready but whenever i ask him what is the quantity to get he will say he will check and get back to me. After asking more than 3 times what are the quantity he still gave me a wrong quantity (even though the ceiling have already been done and power points laid, really shows a lack of planning/overloaded)

Carpentry:
Materials are of good quality and solid. But carpentry workmanship are bad and even my ID agreed. My guests keep telling me why the workmanship is so rough.
Blum cabinet not smooth still can tell me cannot do anything. Cabinet not flushed/aligned said cannot do anything.

A lot of mistakes on the design part, but I guess this is the ID fault for not informing the carpenters properly. Ex: Told ID specifically to put clear
silicon on an area, in the end it end up with white silicon.

I have even paid extra to redo works that are not thought out properly by my ID initially even though my friends and family told me that the ID should borne the charges since its their mistakes. My toilet cabinet the carpenters and ID keep telling me cannot cover the pipes and give reasons like "Not possible, cannot do" etc. In the end I have to tell them what design to do to cover the pipes.

Electrical:
During planning I emphasis I want whole house to be LAN ready and cables to be conceal within carpentry as I don't like to see wires cluttering around. My ID assured me their electrician are professional and I do not need to engage a outside party for the job.

In the end after I finished my carpentry then I found out from an outsider that my house is already LAN ready and I just need to change the socket cover.

When confronted, the electrician give me the answer that the conceal Cat6 point is done by HDB hence not reliable that’s why he don't want to inform me and I should not use. Hey my electrical power and water points are also conceal and done by HDB, so should I not use them too?

In the end he agreed to waive off 1 LAN cable laying charge, but I’m more concerned about the rest of the points which cannot change position anymore since my carpentry are done (I’m still being charge for shifting the rest of the LAN points due to carpentry).

Now I’m left with unsightly LAN wires exposed around my house, thanks to them. (My ID don't even know my house is LAN ready even though the third party told me that existed for about 1.5- 2 years for BTO flats)

Misc:
Never clean properly despite paying for 2 cleaning. I have to clean and buy the group filler to fill up whatever grout damaged/soiled by the contractors.
My laminate flooring also haven dents damaged by carpenters (My ID rectified them by filling up but don't look nice).
Some tiles are chipped away, showed ID and ID was surprised too.
Metal bar strip between kitchen rusted as when cleaning they did not remove the tape on it and water accumulated on it. ID bring acid clean, in the end become even worse. ID promised to rectified after CNY, till now no news.

Laminate flooring damaged, silicon on carpentry came out. ID promised to rectify after CNY, still no news.

I seriously learned my lesson. Never pay the last payment until everything is rectified no matter what the ID promised. Once you paid up they will just disappear and forget everything they have promised. I’m an easy going person who doesn’t pick on small things, but I guess Inside Living really test my limits.

Enough of my ranting, those who want to know the details of my problems can PM me and I can show the photos etc to you to prove what I have said are true.

• Like 1