Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Yes, I think it is OEM. See this post above. Post #147 above.

The bigger picture of the "Yale" lock from the link above has "Gateman" brand at the bottom.

Hence, I assume it is the same.

Update: I noticed there is a "key overrride" for the Yale, which is not in the F100 (if it refers to a physical key?)

i was @ the lock shop yesterday. & i compared d 2. actual F100 versus Yale catalog.

http://mpc.assaabloy.com/yalefile//Fetchfi...d=6756&dl=1

thou both look sama sama, Yale seems to have a larger locking mechanism "exactly like YDM3109"

which i thk its more secure & safe compare to d smaller gateman.

also, yalelarge enuf to replc d exisiting lock on d door. while gateman hv to patch up quite a significant size tt maybe ugly

then also d key looks very high security

i guess its gd to hv when u wanna turn it off when u go for holiday so no-one cn cm in even thy hv password.

other than tt i thk its very ex for both $1300 or $1388.

& my wife says d biometric pc is very much like her fujistu laptop swipe thing tt always spoil 1

so after much consideration, im planning to get YDM3109 with RFid cards thou.

any ppl wanna join me for bulk buy? haha i knw this shop tt sell it @ $1,188 tt give me another $88 voucher.

so maybe we can squeeze d shop for more discount.. haha..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Out of topic a bit, the winds are strong here in the east; the heavy HDB door has slammed many times - but kudos to Korean engineering - no problem so far.

However, I need a door closer. Anyone knows where best to buy and how easy to install (cut cost/DIY). - it does look easy though...

Update: anyone else interested? I'm checking out Yale Lite (~$46/HomeFix), Dorma TS 68 ($35/Tiki), and installer.

DoorCloser1.jpg

U cn try my door supplier d following address:

Contat Decoration & Transport [Pte] Ltd

Block 3018 Bedok North Street 5

# 05-21 EastLink Singapore [486132]

www.contatdecor.com

Tel: [+65] 6442 5370, 6442 5270, 6442 5370

i got a Attena for ard $38+25 with a hold open function mechanism.

installation is provided when they do the door for me.

not sure hw much they charge if u ask them to install for u.

may i hao lian abit abt tt $25 hold open arm

this is very impressive gadget which allows d door to stop & stay [say ard 90degress]

so the door will nvr over swing or keep closing when u need it to be keep open.

real cool gadget! no need those door wedge tt always go missing when u need it.

hahaha

After reading through I believe Gateman F100 did not have a keyhole for normal keys right?

..decided not to get for my parents as they still prefer traditional keys.

Yes, it's only assess thru' a tounch screen password or bio finger print

There's a remote module u can buy, and then buy a remote panel (size is almost same as an iPhone)

The old folks can use it as a "key" press to lock and unlock ;)

Support up to 4 remotes :rolleyes:

i was @ the lock shop yesterday. & i compared d 2. actual F100 versus Yale catalog.

http://mpc.assaabloy.com/yalefile//Fetchfi...d=6756&dl=1

thou both look sama sama, Yale seems to have a larger locking mechanism "exactly like YDM3109"

which i thk its more secure & safe compare to d smaller gateman.

also, yalelarge enuf to replc d exisiting lock on d door. while gateman hv to patch up quite a significant size tt maybe ugly

then also d key looks very high security

i guess its gd to hv when u wanna turn it off when u go for holiday so no-one cn cm in even thy hv password.

other than tt i thk its very ex for both $1300 or $1388.

& my wife says d biometric pc is very much like her fujistu laptop swipe thing tt always spoil 1

so after much consideration, im planning to get YDM3109 with RFid cards thou.

any ppl wanna join me for bulk buy? haha i knw this shop tt sell it @ $1,188 tt give me another $88 voucher.

so maybe we can squeeze d shop for more discount.. haha..

Don't bother if it's > 1K

Go read the post above most of us get it done << 1K

I was reading and sourcing ard, quotation was closer to 1K till I stumble here ... ...

be it RFID, Bio or etc :rolleyes:

i got a Attena for ard $38+25 with a hold open function mechanism.

installation is provided when they do the door for me.

not sure hw much they charge if u ask them to install for u.

may i hao lian abit abt tt $25 hold open arm

this is very impressive gadget which allows d door to stop & stay [say ard 90degress]

so the door will nvr over swing or keep closing when u need it to be keep open.

real cool gadget! no need those door wedge tt always go missing when u need it.

hahaha

I thad thought it was a standard function (hold) .. but good point!

I'm looking at Yale lite and Dorma TS 68, will check all three.

Yes, it's only assess thru' a tounch screen password or bio finger print

There's a remote module u can buy, and then buy a remote panel (size is almost same as an iPhone)

The old folks can use it as a "key" press to lock and unlock ;)

Support up to 4 remotes :rolleyes:

If they 'comfortable' with contactless cards (e.g kopi tiam cash cards or MRT), then they should be comfortable in using these to open the doors as well, they are same size and just white. You can consider the Samsun locks like the one I use.

PS. Can be fun drawing things on the white cards, I wrote my 2010 goals. My daughter drew cartoons. . :paint: ........

I'm an IBM Thinkpad user (actually since 199x, since the first one ,and currently using also a model with the fingerprint swipe). Without disparaging other brands, I have no breakdowns since my first thinkpad, typically upgrading after 4 years in company - and no issue with fingerprint with the current x61. The association of a Fujitsu laptop fingerprint with a Korean door fingerprint , coupled with user's finger differences, comes with many assumptions. :unsure:

Don't bother if it's > 1K

Go read the post above most of us get it done << 1K

I was reading and sourcing ard, quotation was closer to 1K till I stumble here ... ...

be it RFID, Bio or etc :rolleyes:

Can get two for one, with some loose change left .

Use the extra lock for storeroom or bedroom, or ...

........... :horse: put two locks on the main door --- wahhhhhhhh -- first doubly secured door in Singapore.

Can get two for one, with some loose change left .

Use the extra lock for storeroom or bedroom, or ...

........... :horse: put two locks on the main door --- wahhhhhhhh -- first doubly secured door in Singapore.

u guys really hv super gd lobang...

i scared buying off frm hit & run ppl.

what if they lock spoil in d middle of d nite.

cheap but inconvenient..

u know, buy cheap cheap later got prob kena NIAO by my wife lor...

Nag nag nag... "u c la, tell u dun want already..." hahahaha...

unless u gt mechanical key overwrite [any lobang]

so that i cn @ least open even if d seller is not more ard.

I think all of us goes through that thinking before we buy; so let me share mine through the response below. Maybe it helps, maybe not.

u guys really hv super gd lobang...

Actually, they are not lobang because it is quite visible through google. We are empowered with technology mah; empower our purse string to stretch too.

i scared buying off frm hit & run ppl.

what if they lock spoil in d middle of d nite.

cheap but inconvenient..

I am not sure if you can call Yale or shop in the middle of night. Actually I called Yale during daytime to get a quote for a door closer and they can't even tell me the price. As for the shop, to be blunt, there are published working hours. The only way way for the shop to work till midnite is to increase the current price x times - which they can't do as the price is already out of this world for a door lock).

u know, buy cheap cheap later got prob kena NIAO by my wife lor...

Nag nag nag... "u c la, tell u dun want already..." hahahaha...

I would like to think it is 'fair value' in a more informed and open market - for smarter vendors and smarter buyers.

Smarter vendors who used information technology to reduce overhead cost, and likewise smarter buyers who can stretch the family budget for other important things.

unless u gt mechanical key overwrite [any lobang]

so that i cn @ least open even if d seller is not more ard.

Yeah -- if you have a back or side door, then no need lah. If only one door, then consider mine Samsung SHS-5120 - with key (and more value too!). Sometimes, I think shops at shopping centres (with high rentals) close shop faster......

I think the eBAY vendor has quite a lot of customers (looking at his eBAY buyers and feedback which is quite transparent too). I can't tell about a shop in a shopping center - and whether they carry stocks for a replacement.

At the end of the day, no right or wrong decision. eh, just an informed (or less informed) decision. So I made mine with information available to me at the point in time. A shop in a shopping center is a perceived 'safety net' though there is nothing to really back up that perception.

Edited by atlantis2267

State whatever Gateman or Samsung door models you are looking at.

1x Gateman F100 atlantis2267

1x Gateman F100 oogmsn

1x Gateman F100 Batman

1x Gateman F100 Velv

Hello =) count me in!

I emailed the guy already but din manage to speak to him on the phone.

After reading through I believe Gateman F100 did not have a keyhole for normal keys right?

..decided not to get for my parents as they still prefer traditional keys.

Bump. As mentioned

1 - Target 5% off whatever price quoted (lock only) on eBAY.sg

2 - Need 10 units to negotiate

3 - Wrap this up Jan 19th - go or no-go.

Anyone else, can be other models GateMan F100 or F10, Samsung 1320, 5120 etc.

I think all of us goes through that thinking before we buy; so let me share mine through the response below. Maybe it helps, maybe not.

Actually, they are not lobang because it is quite visible through google. We are empowered with technology mah; empower our purse string to stretch too.

I am not sure if you can call Yale or shop in the middle of night. Actually I called Yale during daytime to get a quote for a door closer and they can't even tell me the price. As for the shop, to be blunt, there are published working hours. The only way way for the shop to work till midnite is to increase the current price x times - which they can't do as the price is already out of this world for a door lock).

I would like to think it is 'fair value' in a more informed and open market - for smarter vendors and smarter buyers.

Smarter vendors who used information technology to reduce overhead cost, and likewise smarter buyers who can stretch the family budget for other important things.

Yeah -- if you have a back or side door, then no need lah. If only one door, then consider mine Samsung SHS-5120 - with key (and more value too!). Sometimes, I think shops at shopping centres (with high rentals) close shop faster......

I think the eBAY vendor has quite a lot of customers (looking at his eBAY buyers and feedback which is quite transparent too). I can't tell about a shop in a shopping center - and whether they carry stocks for a replacement.

At the end of the day, no right or wrong decision. eh, just an informed (or less informed) decision. So I made mine with information available to me at the point in time. A shop in a shopping center is a perceived 'safety net' though there is nothing to really back up that perception.

Hey thx for the advice, will chk out ebay for deals like this.

Like to ask regarding to digital locks.

Since the size is bigger than normal, does it crash in with the metal gate?

I think I am so excited with a digital lock that I forgot abt my metal gate hee =P guess still need to carry a key for the metal gate's lock

Like to ask regarding to digital locks.

Since the size is bigger than normal, does it crash in with the metal gate?

Two things to consider (at least for my HDB door and metal gase):

1) Is the metal gate handle in the same location as the wooden door handle? For my case, my metal gate opens in the center; that is the metal gate handle is not in the same location as the wooden door handle. So I don't have the issue.

2) The clearance I need between my door and my gate is minimum 6.5cm for my Samsung SHS-5120. But if you clear above point, this should not be an issue, in my opinion.

Edited by atlantis2267