Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I got a quote from Yale, seems pretty ex compared to F100 - but the specs seems to be similar to Gateman F100...not sure y..

YDM4109

Biometrics

(Fingerprint)

Lock

Key-Override

$1,388

Yes, I think it is OEM. See this post above. Post #147 above.

The bigger picture of the "Yale" lock from the link above has "Gateman" brand at the bottom.

Hence, I assume it is the same.

Update: I noticed there is a "key overrride" for the Yale, which is not in the F100 (if it refers to a physical key?)

Edited by atlantis2267

Anyone bought any from this ebay seller before? I'm looking for FH100 but not sure about their reliability?

Gateman F100

I bought my Samsung SHS-5120 from this same seller.

I heard Gateman is a reputable brand - and my brother uses 3 units of (Gateman F10 and F100's) in his Punggol house with no problem so far. I would have gone for Gateman F100 (but I needed a model with a physical key instead).

Edited by atlantis2267

Hey guys, can help to recommend me where you purchase from? I'm looking at this Gateman F100 but the cheapest from Singapore I can find is via this

Gateman F100

Btw, anyone has other recommendations for something similar to F100 but under $500?

I bought a Samsung SHS-5120 from the same seller but I was very tempted to get the F100. The Samsung unit has RFID card access (so just tap your wallet like in MRT) - and a physical key access - while the Gateman F100 uses fingerprint. Both has pin access. The Samsung unit will be closer to your budget (all else the same -- ie. incl. warranty/installation). Alternatively, if you don't need a door handle/mortise lock, the Gateman F10 may fit your budget. Another forumer uses this and he posted here. Do you need the door handle or replace another mortise lock for you to consider F100 -- that would be the question before deciding between the F100 and F10. If you don't need biometrics/fingerprint - the Samsung is quite pleasing to the eye and the RFID card access can be convenient.

Hope that helps.

This is how Samsung SHS-5120 looks (src: ebay)

body.jpg

Edited by atlantis2267

Thanks atlantis2267!

So far any problem with your purchase via this ebay seller in terms of the pdt, installation or warranty?

I think I will still prefer the ones with the handle compared to the F10. The samsung you had looks pretty cool, how much did you get that for?

So you can set up dual lock mode with both RFID and pin code?

I just called up Eurolite who is supposed to be the sole distributor for gateman...they quoted me close to 2K for the F100 :o

Thanks atlantis2267!

So far any problem with your purchase via this ebay seller in terms of the pdt, installation or warranty?

It was a very pleasant purchase with no issues with regards to the product and installation (though the metal door frame requires more effort than a wooden one). I paid for the unit plus installation but without extended warranty (think it is still $350 for the lock itself - best to check with the seller on installation as I think it varies based on which day of the week). My rational for without warranty is quite simple: it's actually a well distributed 'appliance' (like a rice cooker if I may use the analogy), it comes with 7 days-warranty, if it does not break in that 7 days, the likelihood that it will is very low after - and I am fine with rip/replace philosophy at that kind of price point.

Yes both are active ... RFID, pin code. There is of course the third mode (physical keys, two were supplied).

I just called up Eurolite who is supposed to be the sole distributor for gateman...they quoted me close to 2K for the F100 :o

I was reading the book "The World is Flat" - and how the internet has changed the dynamics of suppliers and 'empowered' consumers - so -- there are some like us who use information to get better value deals, and some who prefers to buy through the traditional supply/market - due to a imperfect knowledge market (that requires extra insurance aka warranty because it is priced too high?). There's nothing wrong with either - just different values seeked/derived by different consumers.

Edited by atlantis2267

It was a very pleasant purchase with no issues with regards to the product and installation (though the metal door frame requires more effort than a wooden one). I paid for the unit plus installation but without extended warranty (think it is still $350 for the lock itself - best to check with the seller on installation as I think it varies based on which day of the week). My rational for without warranty is quite simple: it's actually a well distributed 'appliance' (like a rice cooker if I may use the analogy), it comes with 7 days-warranty, if it does not break in that 7 days, the likelihood that it will is very low after - and I am fine with rip/replace philosophy at that kind of price point.

Yes both are active ... RFID, pin code. There is of course the third mode (physical keys, two were supplied).

I was reading the book "The World is Flat" - and how the internet has changed the dynamics of suppliers and 'empowered' consumers - so -- there are some like us who use information to get better value deals, and some who prefers to buy through the traditional supply/market - due to a imperfect knowledge market (that requires extra insurance aka warranty because it is priced too high?). There's nothing wrong with either - just different values seeked/derived by different consumers.

Thank you again sir for the advice.

Thanks atlantis2267!

I think I will still prefer the ones with the handle compared to the F10. The samsung you had looks pretty cool, how much did you get that for?

Hi oogmsn

I gotta from the same seller but directly contact him rather thru' eBay with atlantis's help

I gotta the version w/o the handle F10

I were quoted near 1K (I wouldn't mention name) prior asking atlantis's help :P

But the seller is very reliable and the installation is quick and fast and neat!

I prefer Gateman as it's has an additional module for remote control :)

Samsung or Gateman were the two brands I looked at before choosing the former (SHS-5120) because it has a physical key (when all else fails) besides the pin, and RFID card access.

I would have preferred Gateman if fingerprint recognition were important.

If you need to budget, $150-$600 will be the range depending on installation and warranty requirement, and choice of models/features.

I guess you can start by choosing the brand (if looks and perceived quality are important to you) and then choose the access features ( fingerprint, pin, physical key), and then other features.

Hope that helps.

[/quotFCC

Hi Atlantis2267,

I'm a newbie in renotalk and I was hoping to install this lock for my upcoming place that would be ready hopefully in 2011. Can the Samsung digital lock be installed on the gate too, if not the door? Also, I'd appreciate if you could pm me the contacts of yr digital locks.

Thankies!!

I prefer Gateman as it's has an additional module for remote control :)

I think Samsung SHS-5120 has remote control option too .... but too many remotes at home already. :bangwall: When to use ? :dunno:

Can the Samsung digital lock be installed on the gate too, if not the door?

I don't know about the gate part ( i guess i can't visualise what is a 'gate'). Best check with the seller; I've sent the contact.

Out of curiosity, why the gate?

Edited by atlantis2267

Out of topic a bit, the winds are strong here in the east; the heavy HDB door has slammed many times - but kudos to Korean engineering - no problem so far.

However, I need a door closer. Anyone knows where best to buy and how easy to install (cut cost/DIY). - it does look easy though...

Update: anyone else interested? I'm checking out Yale Lite (~$46/HomeFix), Dorma TS 68 ($35/Tiki), and installer.

DoorCloser1.jpg

Edited by atlantis2267

I don't know about the gate part ( i guess i can't visualise what is a 'gate'). Best check with the seller; I've sent the contact.

Out of curiosity, why the gate?

I suppose I'm not the sort to close the doors when I'm at home u see... That's why I asked abt installing it on the gate. Thanks again for yr message!

a Fingerprint lock is indeed very convenient aft reading up I am very interested in getting one

We are looking into FG100 , any recommended contacts ?

Is there any offer if we were to get 2? one for my parent and one for my new apartment?