Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all... we're coming to the 4th week of renovation. Yup, IntraDesign as well, after hearing so many good comments about them from other forums. :D Designer = Dave (seems to be getting less reviews than his staff Angeline....heehee....) :D

So far, despite minor hiccups here and there, and despite our fussiness, the reno experience has been quite enjoyable. We're very impressed with the speed of work, and the people working on the various parts (electricity, tiling, plumbing, painting, carpentry etc etc) are all very nice people, and do their work very seriously too. Really appreciate that!

Dave, as many of his customers have mentioned, is a very frank, decisive and sometimes not-very-polite guy. But he's very candid, we're starting to get used to his style.. in fact, he makes us laugh, which is not something we'd have expected from an ID...heehee... :P All in all, i think he's someone you'll either hate or love... if you click with him, the reno experience should be quite fun.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

I just completed my Reno by Intra design’s Angeline. Overall, I am a satisfied customer although there is still a lot of touch up works to be done.

I got to know about Intra from this forum. Thanks to everyone who wrote about their personal experiences with them and other IDs.

It took 2 visits to Intra for me to decide to engage them. Paid the deposit and Reno started in May.

Generally what we did was to:

Hacking:

Removal of all floor laminates

Removal of all tiles – floor + wall

Hack off all built in stuff

Carpentry:

Walk in wardrobe (20 feet plus 6 feet drawers))

Shoe cabinet (think about 6 to 8 feet?)

Kitchen with solid surface top + solid surface basin + island (13ft +4 ft island)

TV console (or is called TV cabinet? 8 feet)

Wall to wall cabinet in master bedroom with slot in doors (17 feet)

Others:

Tile whole house. Include walls in bathroom etc

Paint whole house

Changed windows

Rewire whole house

Change all doors – some wood, some glass

Change main gate

Add shower kerbs

Redo piping

Add glass panels

False ceiling

Piping

Think that’s about it? Can’t really remember all the details.

Here’s a summary of my experience:

Pros:

• Workmanship is good. Excellent, even. Even the people from the TV Company said that my TV console was super solid and good for mounting the TV. Only problem was that since my entire family consists of shorties, the eye level of the TV is a bit higher than what is ideal.

• Renovation completed within specified time. There were many IDs who told me it would take 3 months to complete my Reno. I was like…I can’t wait that long leh…

• No need to worry about anything…I only visited my place less than 5 times

• Angeline can settle most issues for you. For example, I did not choose my lights at all. Was busy so let her do it.

• Most, and almost all of the workers were Chinese. So, less communication barriers. They were also very friendly and helpful. They kept coming back to do minor rectifications, and even stayed till 9pm just to adjust the hinge of my cupboard.

• I made a LOT of changes throughout the Reno process. Kept adding stuff, then removing, and then adding again. Yet, Angeline was always very patient about it. She would also give me her feedback on whether it was feasible. I prefer this in an ID, rather than someone who just tells me Yes, Yes, Yes but at the end of the day, is not able to produce results.

• Excellent after-sales service. I got them to make changes here and there, like add a single electrical point, and it was done the next day. Didn’t like the paint color I originally chose as well, so it was changed FOC.

Cons:

• Delays here and there. These were all small issues, but did cause a certain level of irritation. I have a glass panel that was too narrow because the glass guy made errors in the measurements.

• Major issue I had was that just one day before the handover, I went to my place to check up on the progress of the renovation. There were still workers there and I was inspecting the workmanship when I noticed some people coming into my place. I was horrified that there were total strangers coming into my place without my knowledge and demanded to know whom they were. In the end, it was Angeline’s colleague…. Apparently, they wanted to bring their customer to see my tiles, as I am the only one using it. I was like…wth….how can you bring people to my place without letting me know? I would not have minded if I was informed but the problem was that no one asked for permission. If I did not come, would that have meant that everything is ok? I mean…it’s still my place lor…although you are my ID that does not mean I handover all my ownership rights to you. At that point, this line from a movie kept popping into my brain…”Blatant disrespect!:(!” Don’t know whether I am over reacting?

• Very few updates unless I sms Angeline or if something crops up.

Conclusion:

I hope this info is useful to those who are considering Intra. I know that renotalk played a major part in my decision as to which ID I chose. Basically, like someone else said, when you engage Intra, you must trust them. I had an enjoyable Reno experience - minimal stress..heehee and hope others can say the same too!

haha...I not MIA lah...just back from in camp training...:seeya:

Xue Li, how's ur reno ? Must have handovered right ? :jawdrop:

Mine is still pending some items to rectify....hopefully can handover by next week... :jawdrop:

hee...do i know you too ? :jawdrop:

Hello kiat. .

Yep.. handed over le. . :unsure:

Ya.. i was still wondering who's the 'mysterious' eneri... 

Eh.. could it be our leader's wife? :)

haha...I not MIA lah...just back from in camp training...:unsure:

Xue Li, how's ur reno ? Must have handovered right ? :jawdrop:

Mine is still pending some items to rectify....hopefully can handover by next week... :jawdrop:

Hi Cookie

Opps! Sorry.... i m not ah kiat..... (my apology! Should have told u earlier!!) .... anyway, Ah Kiat is our friendly neighbour staying just next block ...

Actually U r not kiasu at all, there are alot of things to do and to source these few months. But most important, u have a peace of mind now that u have confirmed the ID and the design rite?

Just been curious & kpo, why only starts in Sep?? :) I remembered we just cant wait to start the reno right away as soon as we got the keys!

hee...do i know you too ? :jawdrop:

Hello Ah Wai

Of course U do know me & my hubby too! Yup, we r staying at 98x, JW. We r ur neighbours, just next block from U! Know who i am now? No? Haa ha .... !

Hi eneri..

Errh.. Do i know u too?? kekek... :yamseng:

Eneri, do I know you? U are staying at 98x series Jurong west right? I know of three neighbours in this district whose reno projects are done by Dave.

Hello Ah Wai

Of course U do know me & my hubby too! Yup, we r staying at 98x, JW. We r ur neighbours, just next block from U! Know who i am now? No? Haa ha .... !

Hi Eneri

Sorry mistaken identity hehe..

We also cant wait to start the reno but the owner for our new flat can only move out earliest Sept, maybe even later :deal: Thats why we can only start around Sept..

Hi Cookie

Its ok, no problem at all! :dancingqueen:

Ummm, O I C ... I can understand how u feel.... the feeling of waiting ... sometimes can be terrible. Anyway, its already coming to June and u can start counting down now.... :bangwall:8| In no time, it will soon be Sept!!!

Hullo Ah wai..

I see.. that's good! :good: So far have u watched any matches with our 'leader'- Cantonna7?? haha.. He's kinda MIA here.. probably planning for another 'break-in'?? haha :yamseng:

Me fine lo.. in the process of buying things/furniture sl-o-w-ly...keke :yamseng:

Oh... ah kiat kinda MIA too.. keke.. Hope ah kiat & melody are fine too.. :notti:

Xueli,

I guess most of them are busy with their work and other matters. I also do not have time to watch soccer matches sometimes. I have not seen ah kiat & melody too.

Yah, do not rush to buy furniture. Have to slowly look around and look for better pricing, cos all these furnitures are going to last you for a number of years. And most important of all, must match your house designs, since so much money has been spent on the reno. :)

Looking forward to yet another 'invasion'...hee... :)

Hi XueLi.

I have already used to living there already. It is now more of a routine for me everyday. So have you moved in yet?

Hullo Ah wai..

I see.. that's good! :) So far have u watched any matches with our 'leader'- Cantonna7?? haha.. He's kinda MIA here.. probably planning for another 'break-in'?? haha :yamseng:

Me fine lo.. in the process of buying things/furniture sl-o-w-ly...keke :yamseng:

Oh... ah kiat kinda MIA too.. keke.. Hope ah kiat & melody are fine too.. :notti:

Hello ah wai!

How are you getting on man? :yamseng:

Ya.. i was wondering who is the 'mysterious' eneri too.. keke :notti:

Hi cookie95..

It's ok.. i can understand ur excitement too.. Cos that time i also booked intra few months earlier before my reno start day. :yamseng:

Hi XueLi.

I have already used to living there already. It is now more of a routine for me everyday. So have you moved in yet?

Eneri, do I know you? U are staying at 98x series Jurong west right? I know of three neighbours in this district whose reno projects are done by Dave.

Hello ah wai!

How are you getting on man? :notti:

Ya.. i was wondering who is the 'mysterious' eneri too.. keke :jawdrop:

Hi Eneri

We also cant wait to start the reno but the owner for our new flat can only move out earliest Sept, maybe even later :) Thats why we can only start around Sept..

Hi cookie95..

It's ok.. i can understand ur excitement too.. Cos that time i also booked intra few months earlier before my reno start day. :D

Hi Cookie

Opps! Sorry.... i m not ah kiat..... (my apology! Should have told u earlier!!) .... anyway, Ah Kiat is our friendly neighbour staying just next block ...

Actually U r not kiasu at all, there are alot of things to do and to source these few months. But most important, u have a peace of mind now that u have confirmed the ID and the design rite?

Just been curious & kpo, why only starts in Sep?? :jawdrop: I remembered we just cant wait to start the reno right away as soon as we got the keys!

Hi Eneri

We also cant wait to start the reno but the owner for our new flat can only move out earliest Sept, maybe even later :notti: Thats why we can only start around Sept..