Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunBun

Can Share Who Are Your Muas

What is your budget huh, SF?

I sort of practically contacted almost every MUA in town except for the very expensive MUAs like the celebrity MUA, andy or Dily Wang(There are 2 Dilys from what I understand.)

Also it depends on how many changes of outfit your wife will be having for the evening part. Some MUAs charge extra for 2nd change too. Frankly I would adopt 1 evening makeup & hairstyle for the whole duration of the dinner, no point spending extra for 2nd or 3rd change when its just purely makeup. (I would definitely prefer to use that extra bit for something else)

Angel Chua was one of the MUAs I'd contacted previously & she seems an enthusiastic lady but I don't know about her skills cos I never use her.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Not too sure abt the 2nd march-in additional cost.. As I dun intend to do that , I did not make comparisons.

But think shld reasonable since they are gg to do another hairstyle and makeup + they also need to stay and wait until the 2nd march-in ... is quite a long wait ..

Mabbe your wtb can consider asking the MUA to do a makeup that is generally suitable for both the evening gown and wedding gown..

As for the hairstyle, perhaps can go for something that is bun up for the 1st march-in and for the 2nd march-in, remove a few pins to let down the hair for a 2nd look... The MUA will be able to advise, think I am gg to do that to save cost. :)

thanks KK

appreciate the info :bow:

very good advice too :good:

told my wtb that makeup should be the same for both march ins so no need to waste effort and time

good idea on removing the pins

i will advise her

thanks again :paint:

What is your budget huh, SF?

I sort of practically contacted almost every MUA in town except for the very expensive MUAs like the celebrity MUA, andy or Dily Wang(There are 2 Dilys from what I understand.)

Also it depends on how many changes of outfit your wife will be having for the evening part. Some MUAs charge extra for 2nd change too. Frankly I would adopt 1 evening makeup & hairstyle for the whole duration of the dinner, no point spending extra for 2nd or 3rd change when its just purely makeup. (I would definitely prefer to use that extra bit for something else)

Angel Chua was one of the MUAs I'd contacted previously & she seems an enthusiastic lady but I don't know about her skills cos I never use her.

actually hor to be honest

i din budget for this

wanted some relative or friend to do it for her

but their makeup nt up to scratch leh :furious:

wow u contacted everybody? :good:

no ex MUAs for me la

tink we will just follow u and KK advice

tis is most practical

after all night liao, the outfit most important since u already have makeup on ma

i understand that its a big day and i agree that no point spending for 2nd or 3rd change

and we will only have 1 change :o

thanks again :yamseng:

Ya I know what you mean. In my case it is urgent since my AD coming soon & the person supposed to do makeup for me suddenly cannot do it at last min. So I had to contact almost every MUA I found on the net to see their availability & rates.

Lucky I manage to book one though. :)

SF, you and your wtb must have a budget & be comfortable with the choice of MUA too. Btw when is your AD?

:actually hor to be honest

i din budget for this

wanted some relative or friend to do it for her

but their makeup nt up to scratch leh :furious:

wow u contacted everybody? :good:

no ex MUAs for me la

tink we will just follow u and KK advice

tis is most practical

after all night liao, the outfit most important since u already have makeup on ma

i understand that its a big day and i agree that no point spending for 2nd or 3rd change

and we will only have 1 change :o

thanks again :yamseng:

Edited by BunBun

How much is Angel Chua charging for a AD makeup session consisting of 1 trial, 1 day and 1 night makeup? Does it include doing up the hair?

My friend is looking for one. Her AD is the mid of dec 08.Still have ard 3 mths to go. Do you tink its rather early to look for one now?

Hongss, I pm you angel chua's charges.

Your friend should have book a MUA early as 6months to a year early since popular MUAs are always booked in advance. Even Dana Chang got a customer on my AD & can only do my makeup earliest at 430am cos her customer's is at 6am. Quite rushed like this for her & it is too early for me to do my make up.

How much is Angel Chua charging for a AD makeup session consisting of 1 trial, 1 day and 1 night makeup? Does it include doing up the hair?

My friend is looking for one. Her AD is the mid of dec 08.Still have ard 3 mths to go. Do you tink its rather early to look for one now?

Edited by BunBun

Ya I know what you mean. In my case it is urgent since my AD coming soon & the person supposed to do makeup for me suddenly cannot do it at last min. So I had to contact almost every MUA I found on the net to see their availability & rates.

Lucky I manage to book one though. :)

SF, you and your wtb must have a budget & be comfortable with the choice of MUA too. Btw when is your AD?

can pm me Angel's contact too?

wah when ur AD? :notti:

congrats!!!! :dancingqueen:

tink my wtb maybe leaning towards Dana

hope she will still be available

tink we not much choice since the market price is around there and we dun want a fantastic 1 anyway

AD is in Jan :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

You've got a PM! :)

can pm me Angel's contact too?

wah when ur AD? :notti:

congrats!!!! :dancingqueen:

tink my wtb maybe leaning towards Dana

hope she will still be available

tink we not much choice since the market price is around there and we dun want a fantastic 1 anyway

AD is in Jan :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Hello Fifteenmay,

Long time no see u around in RT. Any idea whats Liren's charges for day or day & night? I dropped her a sms the other day & she haven't replied to me though.

Did you choose your gowns from Venus yet? I was at Venus to choose my gowns for my AD 2 weeks ago.

Hey Bunbun.

sorry for the late reply. i totally forgot to check this forum for new messages. do you still need Liren's charges cos i see from later replies u found one already. who is that?

I have not gone down to choose gowns yet. thinking of doing my ps in May 09 go down now too early right??

Hey all who are still considering their MUAS,

Can try Sandy Ho, stacey Chan, Holismst, Jennis, Jeannie Wong, Pretty box.

I have their websites on my blog. hope it helps.

Fifteenmay, not a problem so no worries.

No need for Liren's charges as I already contacted her. Her charges is really expensive! She quoted me almost 1k in the end for both day & night. So I scouted around and looked for one through a friend's recommendation though.

If you doing your PS in may, it is better you go down 1 month before May to choose the gowns.

As for the MUAs you mentioned, Stacey chan is not available until after March 2009 as she is expecting a baby now. As for Jeannie Wong.. is she Jennis Wong or a different MUA?

Hey Bunbun.

sorry for the late reply. i totally forgot to check this forum for new messages. do you still need Liren's charges cos i see from later replies u found one already. who is that?

I have not gone down to choose gowns yet. thinking of doing my ps in May 09 go down now too early right??

Hey all who are still considering their MUAS,

Can try Sandy Ho, stacey Chan, Holismst, Jennis, Jeannie Wong, Pretty box.

I have their websites on my blog. hope it helps.

Edited by BunBun

Fifteenmay, not a problem so no worries.

No need for Liren's charges as I already contacted her. Her charges is really expensive! She quoted me almost 1k in the end for both day & night. So I scouted around and looked for one through a friend's recommendation though.

If you doing your PS in may, it is better you go down 1 month before May to choose the gowns.

As for the MUAs you mentioned, Stacey chan is not available until after March 2009 as she is expecting a baby now. As for Jeannie Wong.. is she Jennis Wong or a different MUA?

Ya, liren charges is one of the higher quotes i got. but her portfolio is really pretty! got hooked. ;) I think she raised her price for 09... i got the 08 price.. which is not much difference. ahahah

Hmm.. you are right about choosing early? i actually wanted to go through at least 2 dress seasons. but that means i have to start in Jan?

Stacey is pregnant? oh my wedding is in Sept thats why she gave me a quote i guess.

There is a Jeannie Yong and a Jennis Wong.

Sorry, type wrongly.

Yep Stacey is expecting. That is what she told me via email. Her portfolio looks good though but cannot comment on her skills either. :)

I chose my gowns 1-2 months before my PS though as got to try many gowns as possible (There are 8 changes for PS, so need to choose 8 gowns.) Took me over 1 or 2 hours to decide on the gowns alone.

Ya, liren charges is one of the higher quotes i got. but her portfolio is really pretty! got hooked. ;) I think she raised her price for 09... i got the 08 price.. which is not much difference. ahahah

Hmm.. you are right about choosing early? i actually wanted to go through at least 2 dress seasons. but that means i have to start in Jan?

Stacey is pregnant? oh my wedding is in Sept thats why she gave me a quote i guess.

There is a Jeannie Yong and a Jennis Wong.

Sorry, type wrongly.

Edited by BunBun

I'm looking for an affordable MUA on the actual day (night only). Any kind souls have any recommendation?

My budget is around $400 +/-. Is it possible to get a good MUA?

Appreciate your help. Please drop me a PM if it's not convenience to reply here. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Native02