Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Any Feedback On Classic Design

Never ever buy anything from shops recommended by ur ID.... because they draw commission from the shops.... esp toilet accessories and lights.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i'm glad all is clear...

i'm not here to piss anyone off nor here to pick any fights :)

anyway, Tea, thank u for liking my place.. anyway... just an honest comment here...

when u go and see showflats, u tend to look look see see but never "Scrutinize" anything... i assume cos thats the case for me...

as for lightings, i did tell Gina and Tony that i will buy my own lights cos i see in this forum alot of pple kena carrot by IDs... and i recommended the shop that i bought my lights to Gina... Chelsea lightings... and usually they ask their customers to buy their own lights isn't it? even they dun like to help to fix lights cos alot of times they pay for something they didn't break..

i think i did my flat almost the same time as Happy did... if not its slightly later...

anyway, feels good that air is cleared...

the reason why i post is because i feel its not fair for pple to run away from any ID firm just becos of 1 negative remark... as compared to more positive remarks...

Singaporeans are naturally known to be quite Kiasu ya?

cheers everyone... weekend is near... :)

Yes dont ever go with your id/con.

The price they (lighting) quote is contractor price.

Contractor also earn commission. If not, recommed you for wat? That is 100% true.

Evern you go alone, DONT EVER QUOTE or tell them you are recommended by your contractor/ID!

You will be chop!

I learnt the painful way. Despite getting all my money, I have to pay credit company admin charges of $60+!

Never ever buy anything from shops recommended by ur ID.... because they draw commission from the shops.... esp toilet accessories and lights.....

but most of the id will tell us if we go alone we will even kena chop like carrot....or end up getting on old stocks from them....

my id told me, since ithey work with them for so long, they able to get a slightly cheaper price compare to when we go alone....

I tot most of us r following tis procedure? unless some of the id really not sincere to us...who should I listen to now?? U or my ID?? :)

Yes dont ever go with your id/con.

The price they (lighting) quote is contractor price.

Contractor also earn commission. If not, recommed you for wat? That is 100% true.

Evern you go alone, DONT EVER QUOTE or tell them you are recommended by your contractor/ID!

You will be chop!

I learnt the painful way. Despite getting all my money, I have to pay credit company admin charges of $60+!

but most of the id will tell us if we go alone we will even kena chop like carrot....or end up getting on old stocks from them....

my id told me, since ithey work with them for so long, they able to get a slightly cheaper price compare to when we go alone....

I tot most of us r following tis procedure? unless some of the id really not sincere to us...who should I listen to now?? U or my ID?? :)

I will still think that if we go alone is better. Source for a few lighting shops (3-4shops) and u know the market rate. Sure will not get chop carrot.

The few shops in nearby Chelsea lighting is also good. You dont even have to source for price at all. They straight away give u the best price.

i agree that ID sure get some commission for bringing u there. This commission comes from u to the lighting shop. ID bring you to that shop, most likely u will not say "i think abt it". Cos ur ID is there already.

If u think abt it, ur ID not be following u to other shop to see. Hence u will feel that "i dont want to waste my ID time also, i will just buy from here"

Its actually quite fun to shop for the lights yourself. No pressure, and u can get the best deal

Hello INT

Yeah, I remembered I bought my lights and after the delivery, Tony told me to engage my own light technician to install my lights. Something like when break, they have to buy for the owner. After which, claim from CD.

As my lights was already at my house, I have to rush to engage someone to fix it for me. He should let me know before hand and not too near right? Anyway, he offer to install for me but I turned him down. I paid for the cost of installation and the gang switch too. And I am 100% satisfy with the technician, GOOD JOB (anyway, he's from another contractor which happen to renovation my cousin house at membina. Price wise is indeed good! They took almost 1 whole day to install!, 1 person light up the lights and the other person stand at the far corner to judge the aligement! Good!!!,Slow and steady).

HAPPY

i'm glad all is clear...

anyway, Tea, thank u for liking my place.. anyway... just an honest comment here...

when u go and see showflats, u tend to look look see see but never "Scrutinize" anything... i assume cos thats the case for me...

as for lightings, i did tell Gina and Tony that i will buy my own lights cos i see in this forum alot of pple kena carrot by IDs... and i recommended the shop that i bought my lights to Gina... Chelsea lightings... and usually they ask their customers to buy their own lights isn't it? even they dun like to help to fix lights cos alot of times they pay for something they didn't break..

i think i did my flat almost the same time as Happy did... if not its slightly later...

the reason why i post is because i feel its not fair for pple to run away from any ID firm just becos of 1 negative remark... as compared to more positive remarks...

Why I say 'contractor price'?

Because my wife went to one shop and asked one salesperson why theere are 2 different prices??

The salesman told my wife that 1 is contractor price as contractor earn a certain amount of percentage.

The other is the customer walk in price, which is much much lower.

So, the choice is yours.

Walk in or contractor price?

Edited by h4happy

Hello IntergueR

I am not mean to be angry with you.

Just to vent my anger here and the treatment I get.

Not to say I scare away any potential customer.

They do have the right to know how good CD is.

The final choice still lies with the customers.

I am stating the facts, the true facts.

The process I gone.

I dont think only 1 negative remarks, there are a few as you can see over here.

AY

i'm glad all is clear...

To share my experience with you about buying Lights with ID

Initally I tot I will be chop by those shops intro by my ID after reading the forum, I decided to get those lights myself. There is a particular crystal lights I am eyeing on is costing $590 and after discount is $520 @ LighTo*****. (My ID followed me to that shop which is recommended by my friend) But my ID told me some news about the shop. Then I decided to go to the shop recommended by my ID instead. (my Poor ID had to drive up and down just because of the lights I want. So Paisay... )

That shop is so flexible and able to configure whatever combination that I want. (provide that combination is possible.) And I can find the exact crytal lights in that shop and giving me a price after discount at $460!! Much cheaper than the price my friend recommended me. I also customised my bedroom lights and kitchen lights. Few days after, I wanted to changed my bedroom lights and kitchen lights design. You know what? They allowed me to do that, only that they cannot refund me the outstanding amount. So I just use those outstanding amount to get additional light bulbs. I am still very happy that I am able to make changes after the full payment is made. (Personally I am not encourage ppl to make changes last min. I only made minor changes only.)

I also understand my ID got commission from that light shop, because my ID told me after we came out from the light shop.

Conclusion:

Check the prices of the lights yourself and DUN buy 1st. after that, follow your ID to check out the shop he recommended. If his recommendation is cheaper, just use his. =P

Edited by snowie

which shop will u chose:

1) a shop that gives u the best rate immediately. No matter how u negotiate, the shop will insist "cannot la, this is the best i can give"

2) a shop that mark up 30% higher, slowly let u negotiate. If someone who dont negotiate, thats it. The shop earn so much

Comment:

From point 2 above, this shop really turn people down. I will never buy from such shops. Most ID bring u to this shop. My ID also brought me to this type of shop, i need to negotiate myself. Then my ID also negotiate abit for me, but overall i think my ID gain some commission too cos i feel that my lights is still not the cheapest.

Its like eg, the shop marked up 30%, i negotiated off 15%. My ID negotiated off for me another 10%. ID earn 5%

From point 1, as per IntrigueR, Chels*a lighting is an example of this type of shop. :good:

Any other people knows such similar lighting shops also can share share. So far another similar shop located beside Chels*a lighting. Think its called PanT*c lighting.

we bought our own lights from a shop at jurong east. But for the ceiling fan, we went to check out price n model. After that, we told gina to get if for us if it is below $xxx (the price we were quoted). I don really mind if they earn comm from it cos i am already paying lower than when i go to the shop.

Conclusion:

Check the prices of the lights yourself and DUN buy 1st. after that, follow your ID to check out the shop he recommended. If his recommendation is cheaper, just use his. =P

well said..this is v impt :good:

Comparing pantech and chelsea.... pantech was more technical and know his stuff well but chelsea charge me lower and service also not bad.... one of my lights spoilt liao n pantech guy did tell me this light is not reliable when i was sourcing for lights but chelsea sales didnt say anything just sell haha.....

1 thing I am really very pleased is when you have something you want to buy, give a call to gina and quote the ref. she will try her best to get the ref. product with the same price as you see in other shops.! She will not earn you a single commission.

Even I ever asked Tony to buy something, he gave me the receipt. Never earn you anything and yet buy for you. That is the plus positive sign I can gave them. very Good for the services. I am sure CD customers will know this also.

:good::good::good:

But I have been wondering whether cos of the peak period (in membina) that lots of units need to be hand over and their sub con was rushing thru that cause so much unpleasant things happen espcially granite tilers. I still cannot forgive the incident!

we bought our own lights from a shop at jurong east. But for the ceiling fan, we went to check out price n model. After that, we told gina to get if for us if it is below $xxx (the price we were quoted). I don really mind if they earn comm from it cos i am already paying lower than when i go to the shop.

Comparing pantech and chelsea.... pantech was more technical and know his stuff well but chelsea charge me lower and service also not bad.... one of my lights spoilt liao n pantech guy did tell me this light is not reliable when i was sourcing for lights but chelsea sales didnt say anything just sell haha.....

Oh, i got my lights from Pantech as well. The boss is pretty nice. We got the 12watt downlights and it was too long for the false ceiling. went back to change n he had no issues with it.

I got most of my lights from China... The only light that I got in Singapore was from Silic... I think.... The auntie is really nice and even told us that most lights are manufactured in China nowadays....And offered to help us match if we lost any missing parts....