Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nokiaman

Cheated By Housing Agent Pls Help

Hi all have been cheated by my housing agent pls advise on what i should do. This is my letter to propnex but till now no reply from them my first Appt is 2 Jan 09 PLS advise

Hi,

I would like to seek redress with your company regarding one of ur agent.

Namely Mike Ang or something HP number 96

I sold my current flat at .....by using his services.

We agreed that the 2% charges will be implemented once my falt is sold.

We were ask to sign forms by him by which he explains that it is the procedure before he can proceed. Fair enough, me and my wife we sign on the blank copy given in which he says he will fill it up once we got the selling price of my current flat.

We also agreed that if he can completes my buying as well. I will pay him a seperate 1 % commision.

To our horror after i requested for the OTP which he fails to give to me and all the other forms i had signed, he EMAIL me with a discrepancies in the details. He now says that he is actually charging 2.5% for helping me to sell my house as he had difficulty in finding buyer. This is totally unreasonable behaviour on the part of your company staff.

I am only going to pay him the agreed 2% commission and nothing more.

I am writing to your company first to have this sort out and i am expecting a favourable reply from the company. Failing which, further steps would be taken to seek redress. I can be contacted anytime at

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all have been cheated by my housing agent pls advise on what i should do. This is my letter to propnex but till now no reply from them my first Appt is 2 Jan 09 PLS advise

Hi,

We were ask to sign forms by him by which he explains that it is the procedure before he can proceed. Fair enough, me and my wife we sign on the blank copy given in which he says he will fill it up once we got the selling price of my current flat.

We also agreed that if he can completes my buying as well. I will pay him a seperate 1 % commision.

To our horror after i requested for the OTP which he fails to give to me and all the other forms i had signed, he EMAIL me with a discrepancies in the details. He now says that he is actually charging 2.5% for helping me to sell my house as he had difficulty in finding buyer. This is totally unreasonable behaviour on the part of your company staff.

I am writing to your company first to have this sort out and i am expecting a favourable reply from the company. Failing which, further steps would be taken to seek redress. I can be contacted anytime at

I too have encounted problems with a Propnex agents. I will never deal or recomend any of my friends to engage them. Most are very unprofessional and are out to cheat us ! :furious:

I hope they get con very cialet one day !!

You can see my story at :

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18158

Hi,

Do you have any other written evidence that you and the agent agreed to 2% commission? In his email, did he say he going to charge you 2.5% INSTEAD of the agreed 2%? If so then that's good evidence.

If otherwise, ie no written evidence at all, you are at the losing end. At the small claims tribunal, the registrar only looks at the signed commission agreement.

If I am the agent, I would say that you agreed to pay me 2.5%, signed on the commission papers and now you want to go back on your words. I would also dispute your claim that you had signed on a blank copy of the agreement; it is very hard for you to convince the court that you had sign on blank forms.

So there is no use in trying to'scare' Propnex that you will take any 'further steps'; they are more seasoned than to be afraid of that. The best way now is to gather evidence that you and agent had agreed to 2%, that's all.

PropNex, I think they setup a new legal department. Can you tried to make a phone to tell the legal department about your problem? Just call main hotline, say you want to speak to a legal consultant? No harm, trying....

After this news had launched.. "No More Fixed 2%/1% Commission For Sellers/buyers!, Consumers to negotiate directly with agents." Like more and more ...cases :P

Hi,

A standard exclusive or commission form will have 2% stated for selling. If the 2% is cancelled and change to 2.5%, then you as seller will have to counter-sign beside the changes, which I think you did not.

Anyway you are paying a standard 2% selling and 1% purchase, which is already very rare in this market of consumer bargaining about the agent's commission.

Just write in to their legal department stating you want to terminate the exclusive contract due to the unprofessional attitude of the agent. Y

I believe you can easily get some other better agent to help you.

Hi,

Really feel sorry for your plight since you already signed the blank form, there is really very little you can do. I would also expect your agent to charge you an additional 7% GST of the 2.5% commission. Assuming you sold your flat at $300k, your total bill will work out to be:

2.5% of $300000 = $7500

7.0% of $7500 = $525

Total = $8025

A standard exclusive or commission form will have 2% stated for selling. If the 2% is cancelled and change to 2.5%, then you as seller will have to counter-sign beside the changes, which I think you did not.

Anyway you are paying a standard 2% selling and 1% purchase, which is already very rare in this market of consumer bargaining about the agent's commission.

Just write in to their legal department stating you want to terminate the exclusive contract due to the unprofessional attitude of the agent. Y

I believe you can easily get some other better agent to help you.

Just to correct abit: After IEA announced scrapping the 2%/1% commission guidelines, alot of agencies had changed their 'standard' commission forms liao; it now reflects a blank line to manually write either a percentage or fixed $$$ amount. No more stating 2%/1%.

Just to correct abit: After IEA announced scrapping the 2%/1% commission guidelines, alot of agencies had changed their 'standard' commission forms liao; it now reflects a blank line to manually write either a percentage or fixed $$$ amount. No more stating 2%/1%.

Is it a must to pay GST to the agent on top of the 1% commission? My agent and i agreed on 1% for buying but nvr talked abt GST. Not v happy with him, so hoping to not pay him GST.

Is it a must to pay GST to the agent on top of the 1% commission? My agent and i agreed on 1% for buying but nvr talked abt GST. Not v happy with him, so hoping to not pay him GST.

GST is a must, akin all other goods you buy mah.

If you haven't sign any commission agreement, then renegotiate with the agent.

Firstly, the agency must be GST registered before it can be allowed to charge GST. Ask him for the GST registration no. and verify this with IRAS. If he is unable to provide you with this, report it to IRAS immediately for investigation.

Secondly, is it stated in the commission agreement that he is charging you GST? If it is not stated in the commission agreement that you signed then the commission shall be treated as to be inclusive of GST.

See paragraph 2.3

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page03.aspx?id=2328

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/uploadedFi...inal_010707.pdf

Source: IRAS

If still in doubt, check with IRAS and if you still think your agent has tried to charge you GST in breach of IRAS regulations/guidelines, report him to IRAS for investigation.

Firstly, the agency must be GST registered before it can be allowed to charge GST. Ask him for the GST registration no. and verify this with IRAS. If he is unable to provide you with this, report it to IRAS immediately for investigation.

Secondly, is it stated in the commission agreement that he is charging you GST? If it is not stated in the commission agreement that you signed then the commission shall be treated as to be inclusive of GST.

See paragraph 2.3

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page03.aspx?id=2328

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/uploadedFi...inal_010707.pdf

Source: IRAS

If still in doubt, check with IRAS and if you still think your agent has tried to charge you GST in breach of IRAS regulations/guidelines, report him to IRAS for investigation.

Thanks for the info. Seems like I have to pay GST for his services.

I never had good experience with Propnex agents, unprofessional, dishonest and never act for the clients benefit.

DIY is faster than dealing with them