Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nokiaman

Cheated By Housing Agent Pls Help

hmm... urmm. .. what if the OTP has been signed already? Basically, I am a direct buyer and the agent told us that it's propnex's guideline that buyers pay 1% commission (and GST) and made us signed that during our nego with the seller for lower COV. It was all in a rush so we only realised that there's no hard and fast rule on the 1% later. Wondering if there's still room to nego?

agent actually tricked you since you are direct buyer.. nego with agent bah, to forgo GST or even just pay 0.5% commission but since you signed for the dotted line, they can don't entertain you as you've put down your agreement.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haiiiz... :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

do u think CASE can help? Going to the agency will just kill myself too right? :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

Anyone here has success?

Edited by TimTams

do u think CASE can help? Going to the agency will just kill myself too right? :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

Anyone here has success?

I'm not sure but you can try CASE and SAEA, at least bring it to their attention, but not sure how much they can help you...

Anyone here has success?

Since you have signed, you will just have to honour your words. There is no going back unless you signed under duress.

Hi All,

I also have a case here. Recently buy and sell same agent. But we only sign the commission form for buying but hold on to the selling which we did not sign at the agreed 0.5% till at a late date until completion of the selling part. Meanwhile while waiting for 1st and 2nd appointment we have some agrument for our buying which our agent promise that we can have the key at the prefer day before signing OTP. Ok I think it a grandmother story think i will skip this parts first. During 2nd appointment for buying and selling , my agent did not turn at all even for the day before inspection. Now my agent send me a bill with a commission of 2% for buying. I find it ridiculus as i did not sign the selling commission. I call him up he said it the COMPANY RULE that if the commisson form form is not sign they can bill us a 2% commission . Wah piang so i queries him I dun agreed a a commission of 1.75% (eg) and dun sign it , u still charge me 2% ? It is really a daylight robbery.

I intend to go case or maybe media to expose this kind of Bandit method. Any suggestion here?

Thanks

Nobody

Hi All,

I also have a case here. Recently buy and sell same agent. But we only sign the commission form for buying but hold on to the selling which we did not sign at the agreed 0.5% till at a late date until completion of the selling part. Meanwhile while waiting for 1st and 2nd appointment we have some agrument for our buying which our agent promise that we can have the key at the prefer day before signing OTP. Ok I think it a grandmother story think i will skip this parts first. During 2nd appointment for buying and selling , my agent did not turn at all even for the day before inspection. Now my agent send me a bill with a commission of 2% for buying. I find it ridiculus as i did not sign the selling commission. I call him up he said it the COMPANY RULE that if the commisson form form is not sign they can bill us a 2% commission . Wah piang so i queries him I dun agreed a a commission of 1.75% (eg) and dun sign it , u still charge me 2% ? It is really a daylight robbery.

I intend to go case or maybe media to expose this kind of Bandit method. Any suggestion here?

Thanks

Nobody

Very confusing.

So you signed comm agreement for buying? How many percent? In the end he bill you for what services, buying or selling? How many percent?

As long as never sign the comm agreement, dun need to pay. Dun worry about their bills; they are just trying their luck; scare you abit see those kiasi-type maybe will go pay them. They will probably send you whatever letter of demand, say want to charge you interest, want to sue you, whatever; bottomline is, you never sign, dun need to pay. Period.

But to be totally safe make sure really no black and white, not even smses that stated you are agreeable to pay.

Company rule is always an excuse when the agent duno how to ask you to pay commission; eg my company say one, its the IEA guidelines, GOVERNMENT guidelines, IRAS ruling, my manager going to scold me, etc etc. Again I repeat, NO SUCH THING. Never sign agreement, dun pay! I cannot be more specific.

Property agencies dun care what the agents do outside, all they care is whatever cheques the agent brings back, the agency just take their rightful percentage share. Agents dun get any basic salary, where got so many rules.

Dun waste your energy go media whatever; ignore such losers and move on with your life.

Very confusing.

So you signed comm agreement for buying? How many percent? In the end he bill you for what services, buying or selling? How many percent?

As long as never sign the comm agreement, dun need to pay. Dun worry about their bills; they are just trying their luck; scare you abit see those kiasi-type maybe will go pay them. They will probably send you whatever letter of demand, say want to charge you interest, want to sue you, whatever; bottomline is, you never sign, dun need to pay. Period.

But to be totally safe make sure really no black and white, not even smses that stated you are agreeable to pay.

Company rule is always an excuse when the agent duno how to ask you to pay commission; eg my company say one, its the IEA guidelines, GOVERNMENT guidelines, IRAS ruling, my manager going to scold me, etc etc. Again I repeat, NO SUCH THING. Never sign agreement, dun pay! I cannot be more specific.

Property agencies dun care what the agents do outside, all they care is whatever cheques the agent brings back, the agency just take their rightful percentage share. Agents dun get any basic salary, where got so many rules.

Dun waste your energy go media whatever; ignore such losers and move on with your life.

I only sign the Buying Com but not the selling com. Then they send me a com for selling at 2% which they claim even if dun sign also charge 2%. WTF.

Hi,

Just to share with you all my worst NIGHTMARE n FRUSTRATION with a HSR Agent. I sold my current flat A on 2 Sep 09 (signed OPT form) and bought another unit B from this BASTARD HSR agent on 24 Oct 09. Knowing that I need to rent a place after handing over my current unit A n waiting for the taking over of the new unit B, I discussed with the agent before signing the OTP form n he promised me the owner will hand over the keys n unit to me ON 1st appointment with Hdb which sounds good that I don't have to rent a place n move my furnitures 2 times.

When the agent n myself are discussing to request Hdb to bring forward the 1st appt date..he denied our promise n gave the reason as miscommunication. Saying the owner can only release the unit to me by end of feb or Mar 2010. We quarrelled over this issue n worst of all, he suggested I rent the unit from the owner while waiting for the transition period.

No black n white documents so I'm at the losing end coz verbally doesn't prove anything. I wonder whether our corresponding sms through our handphones can serve as evidence. Anyone who has this experience before kindly help me n advice on this, thanks a lot.

Friends recommended me to lodge a complain to his company n CASE. I wonder does this helps?

Hi Therat.

Thanks for the advice...btw how do I print it? Do i need to seek my service provider for assistance?

i doubt service providers keep records of our smses. maybe u can print them if u connect ur phone to ur pc and sync the messages? this im not really sure

i doubt service providers keep records of our smses. maybe u can print them if u connect ur phone to ur pc and sync the messages? this im not really sure

SP do keep, just need admin fee to retrieve.

Hi Therat.

Thanks for the advice...btw how do I print it? Do i need to seek my service provider for assistance?

if u still have the sms @ the inbox and sentbox. U can connect to ur HP sw and print out.

Now, almost all the HP come with a sw CD.