Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fondue_

New Home @ Yishun

haha, coz my lao gong demiglace super ungentle when cooking. i think a fully stainless steel kitchen will fit you better la. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Fondue & Demiglace,

Thanks for the sharing. You guys are great. And the picture look great. :good: Definitely worth my effort spent to locate this blog. :D

We went to jln besar over the wkends trying to look at the real thing. Managed to saw it at 1 shop, but all sealed up with transparent wrapper and very dusty outside. Cant meddle with it but still look nice to me.

I also saw the fujioh one. But I think the fujioh one seems pretty difficult to clean. The inner flame burner for Rinnai, I understand is.. if any spilt inside the 'burner area', there is a dish-lookalike thing which I can lift up and clean/wash it. Is it right? For the Fujioh one, the inner flame burner cleaning seems to be like those normal burner where I need to take out the parts, turn here and there, then can see the innerflame 'holes'... not that simple as the rinnai's dish-lookalike thingy.

Price-wise: Fujioh one is 1/2 price of the rinnai one. We went 2 shop to ask about the rinnai and the price quote is like 70dollars difference. I wonder if the lower price shop have quote wrongly. If you don't mind, can pm me the price you bought the burner?

And the hood, did you get the rinnai one or you got another brand?

Oops... I just read under your signature that you had the rinnai hood. Care to share your experience on the power and maintenance?

We didnt see any hood from Rinnai. Just saw 1 hood from fujioh, which I thought is quite difficult to maintenance (thou the sale guy insisted that its easy).

Just to share.. The metal plate at the bottom of the fujioh hood had a holder to contain the 'oil' suck in by the hood (meaning you see this transparent plastic holder protruding out from your hood when you stand infront of your hob without opening anything, initially i thought its a lamp.. hee..).

And to 'open' the hood, its just sliding the metal plate and the thing will drop of as like 90 degree from the hood (notice the 'oil' holder is attached to this metal plate with no cover), so I wonder how to open the metal plate with out spiling the oil onto the whole metal plate when i open it.

That asides.... the blower is at the centre portion of the hood where you can see it after opening the metal plate. To clean the blower, need to unscrew 4 screw holding the blower cover and the whole thing will be on your hands where you can see the fan inside. Note, the blower cover is the part just on top that metal plate, so I think its going to be super oily since in contact with the 'oily' air constantly.

Ermmm... you think its going to be easy maintanence for this hood? :unsure:

hi rasp, i'll ask my hubby to look at your reply (coz i don't cook at all, he is the chef of the house) when he's available later. ;)

side track a bit.

last weekend hubby and I went to sia huat for a massive combing exercise. haha, he bought a chinese wok, steamer and 3L stainless steel pot with lots of kitchen accessories.

he's a happy man now. hiak hiak

Edited by fondue_

is the sia huat sale still ongoing??

nope, the warehouse sales is over. we went to the shop @ temple street. the guy gave us 20% off the bill for the items we bough. good deal.

o.O do u have the exact addy? heheh!!

hey aubrey, it's at temple street No. 7 Temple Street

Operating hours:

Mon - Fri : 8.30am to 6.30pm

Sat : 8.30am to 5.30pm

Closed on Sunday and public holidays

Fondue,

mailbox full! :)

btw, one silly question, whatz the software u using to add those texts in your pics???? paiseh...

xvirusga

hi ivy, i use photoshop cs and the font i download from a free font website (can't remember which) and save it to my fonts folder

Oops... I just read under your signature that you had the rinnai hood. Care to share your experience on the power and maintenance?

We didnt see any hood from Rinnai. Just saw 1 hood from fujioh, which I thought is quite difficult to maintenance (thou the sale guy insisted that its easy).

Just to share.. The metal plate at the bottom of the fujioh hood had a holder to contain the 'oil' suck in by the hood (meaning you see this transparent plastic holder protruding out from your hood when you stand infront of your hob without opening anything, initially i thought its a lamp.. hee..).

And to 'open' the hood, its just sliding the metal plate and the thing will drop of as like 90 degree from the hood (notice the 'oil' holder is attached to this metal plate with no cover), so I wonder how to open the metal plate with out spiling the oil onto the whole metal plate when i open it.

That asides.... the blower is at the centre portion of the hood where you can see it after opening the metal plate. To clean the blower, need to unscrew 4 screw holding the blower cover and the whole thing will be on your hands where you can see the fan inside. Note, the blower cover is the part just on top that metal plate, so I think its going to be super oily since in contact with the 'oily' air constantly.

Ermmm... you think its going to be easy maintanence for this hood? :unsure:

Hi Rasp,

Wah that sounds complicated leh, got to remove screw some more...I read somewhere that the oil container type no good cause if over night you did not empty it, will be smelly.

This is the first time i use a hood, so I've got nothing to compare in terms of the efficiency, I've sealed steak previously under smoky intense heat in a open fry pan, and after that there's slight odor in the kitchen. Otherwise other normal cooking like stew, sauteing it works pretty well, no need to mop floor after cooking and no smell. The model we get is a 1000m3/hr which i believe is the highest the power can go in the market. I've clean it once, quite easy, just unlatch the metal mesh filter and submerge in hot soapy water in the sink for a while then rinse off, i don think need to clean the blower, cause there's another layer of filtering after the mesh filter which is the charcoal filter, not sure whether need to clean this as when i inspect it's not oily. the charcoal is suppose to neutralize the smell. Then after this charcoal filter is the blower. I guess by the time the air suck in reach the blower it is already purified so the fan should remain clean.

Regarding the hob, you are right the rinnai model is easier to clean, i actually spill once when over boilling water and it over flow out of the pot. but then the small dish below the range catch it nicely, no mess. I would say cleaning this hob is very easy but still i will prefer for stainless steel plate, more durable and stress free i guess, for the way i cook. I use to have a industrial type hob in my previous house which i was kind of used to the cooking style. You just cannot flip or glide your pan casually. Although i was told that this ceramic glass is not easy to break and stronger than tempered glass, but who knows? It's still glass...haha.

If you are getting this Rinnai rob, make sure you control the fire level, don go full blast, it's too hot for angmoh cooking. But for chinese quick stir fry, go ahead and bring up the fire, but this only apply to traditional carbon steel/cast iron wok, don go melt your coating if you are using non stick or enameled wok. Anyway after sometime you will slowly get a grip on it.

Go shop around for diff price, we ask a few till we get the best deal, the diff is 200 bucks. Seems like the profit margin is quite high they can play ard with it. From what i know the best deal is at chuan heng and asia excel. by the way we get it in a package, including the oven, which is cheaper than buying separately. Remember to bargain!

kitchen 80% done

3459055664_7153d4baa8.jpg

3459056656_b938559dfb.jpg

3459054298_9e2540954c.jpg

3459053370_8c7f92ba8e.jpg

Hi fondue, can I seek your opinion on your kitchen: what is the minimum height of the space between your bottom and top kitchen cabinet?

Hi fondue, can I seek your opinion on your kitchen: what is the minimum height of the space between your bottom and top kitchen cabinet?

hi bon07, i have to go measure. i can't remember offhand, let u know tonight...

hi bon07, i have to go measure. i can't remember offhand, let u know tonight...

okies, thanks a lot...slept at 530am yesterday, surfing thru the net for some standard measurement....shag...

Regarding the hob, you are right the rinnai model is easier to clean, i actually spill once when over boilling water and it over flow out of the pot. but then the small dish below the range catch it nicely, no mess. I would say cleaning this hob is very easy but still i will prefer for stainless steel plate, more durable and stress free i guess, for the way i cook. I use to have a industrial type hob in my previous house which i was kind of used to the cooking style. You just cannot flip or glide your pan casually. Although i was told that this ceramic glass is not easy to break and stronger than tempered glass, but who knows? It's still glass...haha.

If you are getting this Rinnai rob, make sure you control the fire level, don go full blast, it's too hot for angmoh cooking. But for chinese quick stir fry, go ahead and bring up the fire, but this only apply to traditional carbon steel/cast iron wok, don go melt your coating if you are using non stick or enameled wok. Anyway after sometime you will slowly get a grip on it.

Go shop around for diff price, we ask a few till we get the best deal, the diff is 200 bucks. Seems like the profit margin is quite high they can play ard with it. From what i know the best deal is at chuan heng and asia excel. by the way we get it in a package, including the oven, which is cheaper than buying separately. Remember to bargain!

Fondue, hehe, hijack this thread hor :rolleyes:

01. I was told that Rinnai has come out with newer inner-burner flame technology hob .. so it makes the model RB-2CG cheaper now [i guess]. Another good feature about this hob is the auto gas shut-off - say, if the knob is accidentally 'switched' on but no fire/cooking, a mechanism will shut the gas off.

02. The flame from this hob is supposed to be constant blue. When there is no colour consistency, adjustment can be made at the 'spark' area. We had Rinnai agent came to fix that problem when we first fixed it.

03. Rinnai claims that it is using Ceran Glass for this model. Ceran glass-ceramic panel is supposed to be impact resistant. Info on Ceran glass-ceramic panel

04. Inner burner cooks food faster.