Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Honeygal

Bachelorette's Pad

wanted a smaller version of this for my living room but lighting shop only had this size. so bought it anyway - too lazy to shop around. $180. still find it too big. should the light be a little lower?

Flat051.jpg

Flat049.jpg

pleasant floral tiles for common toilet to 'cheer up' the dreary place where i do my manual laundry:

Flat044.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My Kitchen about 5 ft space for my baboo only so its pretty short...

so i am considering buying a aluminium baboo whereby can be extended when i hang out and

shorten to 5 ft when required to hang indoor,anyone here tried before?! :unsure:

Any suggestion are welcome!

thanks!

Hi Rondy,

I bought 1 extendable bamboo and it ended up so heavy at the end of the pole that it'll bend slightly when I hang it outside. Although I manage to spread a few t-shirts on the pole, it's too heavy and just ridiculously long. So in the end I still use the shorter version :dunno:

Maybe I don't have much strength.. so u can buy 1 and try first. After all u can still use it inside your home if you encounter same problem as me.

wanted a smaller version of this for my living room but lighting shop only had this size. so bought it anyway - too lazy to shop around. $180. still find it too big. should the light be a little lower?

yup... should be lower.. the size seems to be about there

unless you want a more dramatic feel and have it as the centrepiece of the house,then maybe get a even bigger one..? but it depends on what you want to be the centre of attraction of your place..

Master bedroom cabinet and light ($120 from A Lighting) installed. Not entirely thrilled by the floral laminates, that was my second choice anyway. Anyone thinks the light is installed too high, or just right (note that there will be a queen size bed beneath it)?

Flat036.jpg

Actually find your this laminate quite nice. :P

Sorry honeygal, to tobang your blog.

Anybody using this laundry system, can give comment please. As most of the time my mum is using it so I want to buy somthing that is easy for her to use. Although this system is able to control individual pole, I just wonder is it easy to lift it up when there is a load of wash on it. Anybody try this?

f_laundrysystm_f4e6fc1.png

Edited by Castle

Sorry honeygal, to tobang your blog.

Anybody using this laundry system, can give comment please. As most of the time my mum is using it so I want to buy somthing that is easy for her to use. Although this system is able to control individual pole, I just wonder is it easy to lift it up when there is a load of wash on it. Anybody try this?

f_laundrysystm_f4e6fc1.png

I considered this one, but I felt it would be messy to use because each pole is controlled by a set of pulley & cable. So if you have 4 poles, you have 4 sets of pulley & cables hanging down from 1 side. Quite unsightly, to have so many strings dangling down. However, compared to the one I got (refer to my post earlier), where a single pulley controls 4 poles, less energy required to raise and lower individual pole.

I considered this one, but I felt it would be messy to use because each pole is controlled by a set of pulley & cable. So if you have 4 poles, you have 4 sets of pulley & cables hanging down from 1 side. Quite unsightly, to have so many strings dangling down. However, compared to the one I got (refer to my post earlier), where a single pulley controls 4 poles, less energy required to raise and lower individual pole.

Will go down personally to have a look. Will take note of your point. Thank you!

Very much a white-black theme flat. Very safe, as i am not much of an Interior Designer and do not quite know how to mix and match colours creatively.

Kitchen cabinets up. Flooring & cabinets have not been cleaned yet. Disappointed that the black floor tiles are not as glossy as i thought:

Flat057.jpg

Flat060.jpg

Flat059.jpg

Common toilet bath accessories up:

Flat052.jpg

Study room book cabinet. Just installed and not cleaned yet. Third choice of laminates, so i believe it would have looked better if carpenter had allowed me to go with my first choice:

Flat053.jpg

Matching laminate study table. Didn't need the 3 drawers but carpenter said it's the same price regardless of whether there are drawers or not. So naturally, i asked for the drawers. Quite expensive $350.

Flat054.jpg

I like your kitchen and the open concept..

im always for space and openess although the floor tiles i feel if its the same throughout will give a more uniform feel. but still very nice...

I like your kitchen and the open concept..

im always for space and openess although the floor tiles i feel if its the same throughout will give a more uniform feel. but still very nice...

thank you :) agree with the uniformity part. but realised the flat was getting overwhelmingly white, so i threw in some black for balance.

Hi, how long is your study desk? How much does your contractor charge per feet?

I'm thinking of doing mine but my ID charges pretty high.

Are you satisfied with his carpentry work?

If yes can pm me his contact?

Thanks!!!

thank you :) agree with the uniformity part. but realised the flat was getting overwhelmingly white, so i threw in some black for balance.

ya, white is good! haha.. they do divide the house into 2 distinct areas for living and dining..

i notice your light is still so high up.. dont intend to adjust it down?

ya, white is good! haha.. they do divide the house into 2 distinct areas for living and dining..

i notice your light is still so high up.. dont intend to adjust it down?

this pic was taken before the light is lowered. hopefully the electrician got it right this time, haven't gone to check.

Is the black & shiny kitchen floor slippery?

slippery only when there are puddles of water. i hardly fry food, so am not worried about grease. as in any other similar glossy tiles, got to be careful when mopping.

thrilled that reno is completed!! now anxiously awaiting dates for 'xie tu' and move-in.

will get all furniture & electrical appliances delivered on the same day next week.

in the meantime, still tearing my hair out over which laundry drying system to choose. all seems too heavy for me. help!!!