Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Honeygal

Bachelorette's Pad

Pentalite is easier to paint & cheaper too.

I realised that although HB ordered those Easy-Wash paints I wanted for my walls, he used cheapo white paint to paint my ceiling... merely 4 mths after I moved into the hse, the paint on my kitchen ceiling started to crack... I was so mad with HB on this matter.

You should insist HB to use the brand you have selected to paint the ceiling... our quotation has catered for better paint type, not those cheapo one.

did you specify paint grade and colour for your ceiling?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No, I didn't. I should have been more careful & detailed in stating EVERYTHING what he should use.

As my ceiling was painted in white, my logical thinking was I thought he would use the same range as my other coloured Easy-Wash paints. Patrick didn't ask me what paint brand to use for ceiling, & since I didn't specify what I wanted, he decided on my behalf to go for cheap & easy option.

Same for my kitchen cabinet. I have a row of concrete support with frosted glass door aluminium frame storage cabinet, selection of the door handler slipped out of my mind as there were too many things to take note during reno. In the end, he gave me PLASTIC ugly door handlers which don't match with the whole design of my kitchen cabinet. It was too late to change after I saw them, unless he redo all the 6 doors.

In fact, I did sound to him on my unhappiness, but he kept telling me cannot change liao. I didn't insist as I didn't want to spoil the relationship between us during reno. I believe he refused becos he didn't want to spend that kind of $$ to redo the work.

It is not his mistake since I didn't tell him what I wanted... but I hope he could have respected me more by asking me what to use before he decided on my behalf.

Sorry for my long-winded story :P

No, I didn't. I should have been more careful & detailed in stating EVERYTHING what he should use.

As my ceiling was painted in white, my logical thinking was I thought he would use the same range as my other coloured Easy-Wash paints. Patrick didn't ask me what paint brand to use for ceiling, & since I didn't specify what I wanted, he decided on my behalf to go for cheap & easy option.

Same for my kitchen cabinet. I have a row of concrete support with frosted glass door aluminium frame storage cabinet, selection of the door handler slipped out of my mind as there were too many things to take note during reno. In the end, he gave me PLASTIC ugly door handlers which don't match with the whole design of my kitchen cabinet. It was too late to change after I saw them, unless he redo all the 6 doors.

In fact, I did sound to him on my unhappiness, but he kept telling me cannot change liao. I didn't insist as I didn't want to spoil the relationship between us during reno. I believe he refused becos he didn't want to spend that kind of $$ to redo the work.

It is not his mistake since I didn't tell him what I wanted... but I hope he could have respected me more by asking me what to use before he decided on my behalf.

Sorry for my long-winded story :P

hey it's understandable that you should feel a little upset. i would too!

btw what kind of laundry drying system do you use? am looking around for one. i daren't use bamboo poles. i also wonder how to dry my laundry since i am out for at least 12 hours a day and when i get home, it's night. a lot of my clothes are not suppose to be tumble dried, as such, a dryer for me would have limited usage, though i intend to get one in due course.

my current place has a balcony so i have no problems drying the laundry even when i am out.

any recommendations on laundry drying system from anyone would be greatly appreciated! thanks all!

^5 me me! for 20+yrs of my life i have nvr dared to put those long long bamboos out. Only dare to use the super mini short ones. My mum say i useless :(

i bought the laundry system from Ezzi Living. Those that run on hydraulic system, pull down n push out of the window. The pulley system is cheaper, but cannot put out of the windows. Hope u know what i mean.

^5 me me! for 20+yrs of my life i have nvr dared to put those long long bamboos out. Only dare to use the super mini short ones. My mum say i useless :(

i bought the laundry system from Ezzi Living. Those that run on hydraulic system, pull down n push out of the window. The pulley system is cheaper, but cannot put out of the windows. Hope u know what i mean.

... I too have the same fears wor.. cos last time we have our own wash area then my mom and I don't really know how to put the bamboo poles out... the first night we were in this house, we tried putting the poles out, we nearly dropped the pole. We were stuck in the half in and out position for 5-10 minutes cos we didnt have the strength to bring it in and couldn't put it into the holder...

Think I shall get the laundry system too..... Mrspiglet.. how much is yours?

I'm using the pulley system from TAME. So far so good, though the poles are v short. I do a 5kg-load of washing about 3 times a week, and each time, the 4 poles are loaded. There isn't much space between the poles for the clothes to air properly, unless there is a good breeze. But generally, the clothes do dry in 24 hours. I'm not in the house during daylight hours, so I don't really dare to hang clothes out, in case of rain.

I hang my laundry up at about 10pm, by the next day about 7pm (before I cook dinner), they are dry.

laundrydryer2.jpg

need a bit of strength to pull it up with a load of wash.

I found some fun accessories at Daiso, such as hanger spacers that can be used to stop clothes hung on hangers from being blown up and down the poles.

I supplement with an aluminium retractable pole that I can put out of the house. I use that more for sheets. U see the two short poles outside the window? I asked the TAME staff to give it to me after he had cut the length of the poles, I fixed a rber cap on the end, and I use that for hanging out the laundry carousel, and hangers.

... I too have the same fears wor.. cos last time we have our own wash area then my mom and I don't really know how to put the bamboo poles out... the first night we were in this house, we tried putting the poles out, we nearly dropped the pole. We were stuck in the half in and out position for 5-10 minutes cos we didnt have the strength to bring it in and couldn't put it into the holder...

Think I shall get the laundry system too..... Mrspiglet.. how much is yours?

hee, i scare i fall out of the window cos my current place super windy. Plus the long bamboo w heavy load, its really dangerous lor. Sometimes my neighbours' bamboo dropped n 'hang' on my bamboos, scary!

i got mine at Expo fair for $670 (GST inclusive), w ceiling brackets and s/s laundry hooks. I think the guy mentioned its avail in selected Homefix as well, but u can try calling them at their office n look for Jeff if interested. Ask for the same deal that i had!

Another company we saw was Tame, who also had similar hydraulic system that can push out. But price is higher and gotta stand at the edge of the window to extend the poles. Becos its extendable, we found the poles more flimsy comparatively.

I am using bamboo poles... have been using them since young when I was living with my parents... hence, I am well trained with strong arms :notti:

But in my new place, I usually leave the poles on the ceiling hangar & simply open my utility room windows during weekends... so far pretty good... my clothes are dried within a day or 2...

Pinklady, the only person we talk to/deal with in Ho Bee is Patrick, & he is also the boss/director/owner. His wife doesn't interfere with pricing & quotation.

asianms, actually Patrick speaks in a humble & friendly manner. But when comes to discount or price lowering, he is very firmed with no rooms for reduction.

Pardon me if I sound very rude, but I have begun to feel that HB is more suitable for people with tons of $$ to throw in for reno & will not bother abt things like $2 or $3 tiles, 1 or 2 glass panels :dunno:

:dunno: but why mine all handle by mrs.quek hor? i ask about the pricing and patrcik always suggest me to call mrs.quek for better quote :dunno:

also hor...im very tight budget that time, but alot of things to do, and i talk to patrick for my payment method and tell him about my situation.and to my suprise even after my reno finish i havent fully paid ler :notti: and im not sign any simi letter :notti::sport-smiley-004: just base on trust... :sport-smiley-003: maybe im the lucky one :sport-smiley-004:

hee, i scare i fall out of the window cos my current place super windy. Plus the long bamboo w heavy load, its really dangerous lor. Sometimes my neighbours' bamboo dropped n 'hang' on my bamboos, scary!

i got mine at Expo fair for $670 (GST inclusive), w ceiling brackets and s/s laundry hooks. I think the guy mentioned its avail in selected Homefix as well, but u can try calling them at their office n look for Jeff if interested. Ask for the same deal that i had!

Another company we saw was Tame, who also had similar hydraulic system that can push out. But price is higher and gotta stand at the edge of the window to extend the poles. Becos its extendable, we found the poles more flimsy comparatively.

ya.. my contractor warned my mom.. he actually witnessed a woman fall out from the 12th floor while putting out the bamboo...

I'm using the pulley system from TAME. So far so good, though the poles are v short. I do a 5kg-load of washing about 3 times a week, and each time, the 4 poles are loaded. There isn't much space between the poles for the clothes to air properly, unless there is a good breeze. But generally, the clothes do dry in 24 hours. I'm not in the house during daylight hours, so I don't really dare to hang clothes out, in case of rain.

I hang my laundry up at about 10pm, by the next day about 7pm (before I cook dinner), they are dry.

laundrydryer2.jpg

need a bit of strength to pull it up with a load of wash.

I found some fun accessories at Daiso, such as hanger spacers that can be used to stop clothes hung on hangers from being blown up and down the poles.

I supplement with an aluminium retractable pole that I can put out of the house. I use that more for sheets. U see the two short poles outside the window? I asked the TAME staff to give it to me after he had cut the length of the poles, I fixed a rber cap on the end, and I use that for hanging out the laundry carousel, and hangers.

thanks for the pic. questions:

-is it very heavy to lift the poles?

-do you dry the laundry indoors and it dries by 7pm next day? if so, does drying indoors cause any dampness to the kitchen cabinets?

-how do you use the alumininium retractable pole outside? i can't figure how you put the bed sheets when the poles are fixed outside?

-where did you buy and how much does this system cost?

Edited by Honeygal

ya.. my contractor warned my mom.. he actually witnessed a woman fall out from the 12th floor while putting out the bamboo...

Really?! That's really very tragic lor. I rembr my prev house bamboos not so long, but the current house's bamboo gotta be v long cos the bamboo brackets r very far apart. No idea y HDB did it that way also.

Better safe than sorry leh...

Honeygal, depends on ur preference n also whether ur kitchen wind is strong enough to dry ur clothes indoor. Otherwise will have the stale smell on the clothes, not sure if u know wat i mean.

there are 3 different systems.

Honeygal:

is it very heavy to lift the poles? must have some arm power

-do you dry the laundry indoors and it dries by 7pm next day? if so, does drying indoors cause any dampness to the kitchen cabinets? this has never ocurred to me :o I think the wind at my place quite dry; my idea of washing kitchen floor is to pour a bucket of water on the floor and flush. It dries off quite fast

I got mine from TAME through Univeral Union at Geylang. $398 for 4 poles, max 6 feet. My space can only fit about 4 feet.

Retractable aluminum poles (hydraulic system)

This one is ceiling mounted, and the rods face the windows (mine are parallel to windows) so they can be pushed out. Each rod has an inner thinner rod that can be pulled out and extended (like shower curtain rods, hope you know what I mean) while the poles are still in the house. I think that's the one Mrs Piglet was referring to.

Basic extendible aluminium rod

Usage of this is similar to the bamboo rod, except it is made of aluminium, and is like shower curtain rod, where the inner thinner rod can be pulled out to extend the rod. It is not fixed, you bring it into the house,hang your stuff, then bring it out and insert into the bamboo holder. I bought mine from Toa Payoh, $8.90/rod

Is that what you are looking for, Rondy?

Master bedroom cabinet and light ($120 from A Lighting) installed. Not entirely thrilled by the floral laminates, that was my second choice anyway. Anyone thinks the light is installed too high, or just right (note that there will be a queen size bed beneath it)?

Flat036.jpg

Kitchen sink partially installed. Laminate cover not removed yet. I have asked carpenter to cut a hole for my plastic garbage bin (far right):

Flat046.jpg

Master bedroom cabinet and light ($120 from A Lighting) installed. Not entirely thrilled by the floral laminates, that was my second choice anyway. Anyone thinks the light is installed too high, or just right (note that there will be a queen size bed beneath it)?

Flat036.jpg

Kitchen sink partially installed. Laminate cover not removed yet. I have asked carpenter to cut a hole for my plastic garbage bin (far right):

Flat046.jpg

I think the light can be lowered somemore and I thought the hole for the bin is a great idea!