Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Honeygal

Bachelorette's Pad

yeah, I tried imageshack and found the fotos are resized way too small. Use photobucket, but I think must first reduce the image size, cos the first time I uploaded images from photobucket, they appeared really big, even though I had reduced the file size.

u can actually choose the download pic size when clicking the downloading pictures. think just right below the upload dialog box...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks all for the kind instructions re: uploading of pics. I have switched to photobucket, it's faster and i finally got the pics sized correctly:

Second morn of reno and the kitchen cabinets, aircon, dividing wall, sinks, are already hacked:

Flat008.jpg

Master bedroom toilet - everything has been removed:

Flat010.jpg

The whole place is so dusty, really pity the blangladeshi workers working in this condition.

Carpenter claims a few of my laminate selection are out of stock, so i had to re-select asap - and from only 2 miserable book samples! So here are my final selection, hope they do not turn out 'obiang':

Laminate for MBR toilet vanity closet:

Flat011-1-1.jpg

Laminate for MBR wardrobe:

Flat012-1.jpg

Laminate for Study Room bookcase:

Flat013.jpg

Flat015.jpg

Will shop for lightings this week and post pics.

Will scan and post the HDB floorplan up as soon as I get my hands on a scanner.

As I am not very creative and also not a colour-savvy person, I am playing it safe by working around only a few colours - black, white, neutrals - for cabinets, tiles, walls, furniture.

Won't be able to post any pics until way after CNY coz contractor stopping work already and will resume only after 2 Feb. Most shops are also closed next week, so can't go shopping for lights, furniture, accessaries etc. Arrggh, 1 week of wasted time!

Am anxious to check out this shop soon: www.hocksiong.com.sg. They sell pre-owned kitchenware, furniture, electrical appliances, lamps, etc from 5-star hotels and service apartments. The pics look enticing!

The whole place is so dusty, really pity the blangladeshi workers working in this condition.

When you are dropping by to check on the progress, why not buy some kopi/tea bread etc for the workers working there....a simple gesture will go a long way and hopefully they'll reciprocate with better quality work. :)

Carpenter claims a few of my laminate selection are out of stock, so i had to re-select asap - and from only 2 miserable book samples! So here are my final selection, hope they do not turn out 'obiang':

Laminate for MBR toilet vanity closet:

Flat011-1-1.jpg

Laminate for MBR wardrobe:

Flat012-1.jpg

Laminate for Study Room bookcase:

Flat013.jpg

Flat015.jpg

Will shop for lightings this week and post pics.

hahaha. When we were given the two book of samples, we almost fainted. So many...see until my eyes crossed. Dun be pai say to use your coin or pen to do a 'scratch test' on those samples. We were so totally lost and confused with those laminates that we even went down to their factory/showroom to ask for advice. In addition, seeing the big piece of laminate can also help you make that decision. Once laminate is up, too late to change your mind liao hor.

Will scan and post the HDB floorplan up as soon as I get my hands on a scanner.

As I am not very creative and also not a colour-savvy person, I am playing it safe by working around only a few colours - black, white, neutrals - for cabinets, tiles, walls, furniture.

Won't be able to post any pics until way after CNY coz contractor stopping work already and will resume only after 2 Feb. Most shops are also closed next week, so can't go shopping for lights, furniture, accessaries etc. Arrggh, 1 week of wasted time!

Am anxious to check out this shop soon: www.hocksiong.com.sg. They sell pre-owned kitchenware, furniture, electrical appliances, lamps, etc from 5-star hotels and service apartments. The pics look enticing!

haha, i used to work for hock siong! :) there really is a lot of stuff there. just about the whole building is packed with their furniture. they even have warehouses in sungei gedong (they really need the space as they clear whole hotels at one go). there is an incredible selection of furniture, curtains, pictures, etc. think eclectic when you go there :) you will need a lot of time and patience to sort through everything and to dig out the best deals. some of the stuff is amazingly classy since they come from suites. but you will have to visit them quite often as their inventory changes quickly. i just visited their website from your post (they didn't have websites back then) and it really brought back memories for me..hehe

one tip i have for you is to carefully check out their curtains. most of them are dirty since hotels don't ever wash them, but the material used is excellent. also, each piece weighs a lot because of the black out curtains typically sewn into them. just cut them out and wash them and alter to your size. confirm won't regret.

i was shocked the first time i saw what hotels get billed for their furnishing. one tiny cushion from the really high class suites goes for almost $500. and thats about 8 years ago. its crazy...

Edited by collegebookstore