Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

sit mountain,face sea.:P

:good: Ur chinese muz b very powerful! Can always correct our CMI chinese. hehehe.. Next time go ur place play with ur doggie and learn chinese fr u. :P

Thanks Pet, Angel, Born_Again and Blue_Diamond for the suggestions and also the chinese phrases to improve my CMI mandarin. :)

Angel: I'll need to cater to both a laptop and a desktop.

I did a rough sketch and was wondering if this was the alternative layout you guys were mentioning?

Hehe, something like that. Ur back will be to the wall. But gota b careful of the suspended cupboard wen u stand up. Possible to put the low cabinet behind u/under the suspended cupboard? Got space? If can, u can take tings easily from both low cupboard and suspended one. And dun need to worry about banging ur head on the suspended cupboard wen u stand up. :D

It'll look like a U shape workstation then. :P Think this layout can cater to both laptop and desktop too. :)

Edited by Angel81

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
heheheno la....chinese good should be Guy77....he is a chinese teacher hor...dun play play......:P

Oh! Chinese teacher! I only know tat he's a teacher. Urhh.. Scarly he hear my CMI chinese and 8| me. hehehe

heheheno la....chinese good should be Guy77....he is a chinese teacher hor...dun play play......:P

Wah, Chinese teacher. Good, now I know who to look for if I ever need mandarin lessons. Ahahahaha!

Whenever I speak Chinese, people around me laugh, say I speak like ang moh.

hi adrain...u confirmed with yeak le!! Congrats and welcome to be one of the yeakers! Huat ahh....

Edited by roamca

Wah, Chinese teacher. Good, now I know who to look for if I ever need mandarin lessons. Ahahahaha!

Whenever I speak Chinese, people around me laugh, say I speak like ang moh.

eh... I'm so curious.. did you take chinese in school? just kaypoh la haha cos you're always saying your chinese isn't good.

Mmm I think your new layout is quite practical... however... mm mmm mmm it reminds me a little of a customer service counter.. I dunno why....

With the new proposed MBR layout above, it'd mean unfortunately that I'll have to forgo the initial open-glass concept for the MBR bathroom. Also, with the change of entrance, the long vanity top will also be sacrificed and in its place a small suspended vanity top (subject to whether there is a need to hide pipes) and mirror cabinet. Did a simple sketch of the revised MBR bathroom layout below:

draftsketchmbrbathroomv.jpg

Wifey says she would like to do up the MBR bathroom 5* Hotel style. Not sure how to go about this though....

hey adrian_john

is not simple sketch leh... :P ur perspective drawing is pro.. :bow:

@XiaoBB, Booy and Roamca

Heya Neighbours and Roamca, yes it is indeed great to be able to confirm the contractor. So at least things are settled on this end and moving.

I'll be meeting Yeak next week at the new place for him to take measurements and view the site. Hopefully, the owners not in lah, so not so pai seh to take more photos. :)

@Pet

Yes, I did take Chinese in school, but could never grasp it properly cos' I was always in the 'hopeless case' class where the teachers (and I guess also the students) don't care and don't bother cos' we all know we're gonna fail anyway. :) Furthermore everybody at home speaks English, Malay and Bahasa and nobody knows Mandarin so that didn't help either. I actually meant to take Malay, since my sisters took Malay for 2nd language but unfortunately at that time some MOE ruling stated that I couldn't cos' under race I'm classified as Chinese and only Malay, Indian, Eurasian or Ang Moh can take Malay. So too bad for me lor ... :P

Hmmm ... you're right about the layout looking abit like CSO counter. Maybe I should not have the table but instead have one of those off-the-shelf glass working tables instead. :)

@KC

Thanks for your compliments. Er, really lah, not pro man. Most of it not to scale/proportion and some perspective also salah. I'm sure your design and drawing skills are super too since you're in design. Show some leh!

@Pet

Yes, I did take Chinese in school, but could never grasp it properly cos' I was always in the 'hopeless case' class where the teachers (and I guess also the students) don't care and don't bother cos' we all know we're gonna fail anyway. :) Furthermore everybody at home speaks English, Malay and Bahasa and nobody knows Mandarin so that didn't help either. I actually meant to take Malay, since my sisters took Malay for 2nd language but unfortunately at that time some MOE ruling stated that I couldn't cos' under race I'm classified as Chinese and only Malay, Indian, Eurasian or Ang Moh can take Malay. So too bad for me lor ... :P

think u're not the only one. My chinese also CMI and my P3 teacher told me that I'll definitely fail my Chinese that year and forget about completing my primary sch education at our convent school. Surprisely, I passed and she became my P6 teacher again. Same thing from her, sure fail PSLE yet I still passed. Surprisely, I'm able to pass all the major Chinese examination. I can still read Chinese papers as I buy it for my dad every night but of course, I read one word, skip the next few words. Most impt, I still able to understand the articles though 85% of the time only the Chinese characters know me and not vice versa.