Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
quix

Little Modern Resort In Yishun

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for awhile reading all these wonderful and informative reno blogs by everyone. I figured it's high time for me to start posting something after getting my keys on 15 April 09. Me and my fiancee have gotten a resale 5I unit at Yishun Ring Rd Blk 855, pretty near Khatib MRT. We are now in the midst of hunting for an ID, having touched base with 3 already. That, together with preparations for our upcoming solemnization in July, my fiancee's exams and my busy work make it a really busy few months for us ahead!

As for the flat, we got it in an average condition, with the kitchen and toilets being most well-maintained. However, they are done in country style, which both of us do not really fancy! ;)

After reading so many reno blogs here and bought many reno/ID magazines, we have settled on a modern resort feel with intention to use earthy colors, good amount of wooden materials and stuff like plants and water feature. Attached is the floorplan with some rough planning. (please ignore the multiple colors used. They don't really mean anything.. :P )

All comments and ideas are welcome! :D

3486555062_276e42eea1_o.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for awhile reading all these wonderful and informative reno blogs by everyone. I figured it's high time for me to start posting something after getting my keys on 15 April 09. Me and my fiancee have gotten a resale 5I unit at Yishun Ring Rd Blk 855, pretty near Khatib MRT. We are now in the midst of hunting for an ID, having touched base with 3 already. That, together with preparations for our upcoming solemnization in July, my fiancee's exams and my busy work make it a really busy few months for us ahead!

As for the flat, we got it in an average condition, with the kitchen and toilets being most well-maintained. However, they are done in country style, which both of us do not really fancy! ;)

After reading so many reno blogs here and bought many reno/ID magazines, we have settled on a modern resort feel with intention to use earthy colors, good amount of wooden materials and stuff like plants and water feature. Attached is the floorplan with some rough planning. (please ignore the multiple colors used. They don't really mean anything.. :P )

All comments and ideas are welcome! :D

3486555062_276e42eea1_o.jpg

Wow…congrats on ur New House…

Your hse layout looks great… easy to play with it in reno…and it come with a very long foyer too…

I used to stay in Yishun too. It’s a great town to stay in… but now thinking of moving back to Yishun, will start viewing a few houses this wkends. Hopefully will find a nice one!

Thanks all!

think your MBR layout can accomodate a very spacious WIW :)

Hmm WIW...any suggestions how do I incorporate that? I thought my MBR is already very tight in space! :(

Hi all again! Been very busy for us with work and meeting up with IDs.

We have been brainstorming about the layout of the house and have come up with some ideas with different floor planning. Here it is:

3510050093_0ccd8d3df6_o.jpg

Basically we have changed the kitchen layout a little bit in terms of the placement of HOB and washing basin. Also we are toying with the idea of hacking through the MBR and adjoining room to create something like a suite with sleeping area, bathroom, study and WIW. We even think of the unconventional idea of maybe putting the wash basin just outside the toilet..haha. Basically is trying to maximize the space for each of these functions in the room and maintaining a spacious layout with good natural lighting.

What do you guys think of this? Will I regret combining the two rooms and as a result, left with only 1 other room(hopefully for a future kid)? Please give us your comments, feedbacks and any ideas! We need them! :D

Edited by quix

i thought the suite idea was pretty cool. have you already know how many kids you wanna have? if it's just 1 or 2 i guess you can afford to sacrifice one room. anyway, in the initial years very likely both kids will squeeze together with the parents lor.

i thought the suite idea was pretty cool. have you already know how many kids you wanna have? if it's just 1 or 2 i guess you can afford to sacrifice one room. anyway, in the initial years very likely both kids will squeeze together with the parents lor.

Hmm as of now, we can only imagine 1 kid. hehehe

One thing is if we hire a domestic helper, then she has to sleep with the kid in same room...

mm if you intend to have one kid then it's ok! But... in the future when you wish to sell you might have a teeny bit more trouble cos it's limited to small families. I saw a flat like that when I was searching for a home and although I like it very much but we couldn't buy.. :)