Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sixer

Our Contemporary Attempt

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yep. done by him. that unit left painting and kitchen worktop so if you want better make an appointment with yeak quick before the hand over.

we went to see a hougang flat when they are just doing the electrical works and false ceiling...is it 5xx? how's the carpentary work?

When will your reno starts?

Edited by preciousjam

I wanted to relocate my storeroom to make space for WIW too..but then too much cost involve..hacking and rebuilding a storeroom in the kitchen..

end up..i just do without a WIW..

Hi anyone can share what's the difference in quote between Soon and Yeak? For the same things to be renovated, do their total quotes differ by a few K? TIA

[*]Hack 1/2 wall between rm 3 and living and replace with tempered glass. (Open concept study room) not practical in the long run.

hhi

why is it not practical?

cos I'm planning to do the same thing too..... :o

whooooaa like ur wiw idea!

thanks :) how's the progress of your reno? can go see see? :P

Hi sixer,

do u have yeak's quotation on each item to share with me at ivinetay@yahoo.com pls?

hi, i don't think it's nice to do so. maybe i can give you his contact and you get a qoute personally from him?

Hi

Can I have Yeak's contact too?

PMed.

we went to see a hougang flat when they are just doing the electrical works and false ceiling...is it 5xx? how's the carpentary work?

When will your reno starts?

yep. carpentry work is good! reno should start in either last week of may or 1st of june.

lucky u...u have the luxury of a big WIW in your MBR!!! Envy!!!

thx :)

I wanted to relocate my storeroom to make space for WIW too..but then too much cost involve..hacking and rebuilding a storeroom in the kitchen..

end up..i just do without a WIW..

part of the reason why i do is because the original store is way too big . feel that the space is kind of wasted as we don't need such a big store rm.

Hi anyone can share what's the difference in quote between Soon and Yeak? For the same things to be renovated, do their total quotes differ by a few K? TIA

difference about 3 to 4 k.

Edited by sixer

thanks :) how's the progress of your reno? can go see see? :P

they doing plastering today. nothing to see yet. when there are things to see, you guys are welcome to pop up and see anytime.

hhi

why is it not practical?

cos I'm planning to do the same thing too..... :o

1. we think we will need the room in the future, especially when we have kids, guests or when our parents decide to move in with us. open concept study room would be more workable if you have more bedrooms. we also have though of installing roller blinds at the tempered glass as a workaround but it is still very inconvenient for the user of the room next time.

2. study room has to be kept very tidy if not it ruins the whole idea.

3. might be bit scary at night to face the dark living/dining area. but plus side is a brighter and spacious feel in the daytime. saw a home with this concept and i absolutely love it.

anyway these are our opinions. actually i would still love to do it if possible. :unsure:

Hi fellow renotalkers, we were planning the placement of our down lights. Just wanna check, for those who had installed the 2 X 13W down lights (double tubes with about 5inch casing)...

1) what is your distance between 2 the down lights?

2) what is your distance of the down light from walls?

3) you use the same down light for your living rm and master bedroom? we were thinking of installing smaller down lights for the master bedroom.

We have confirmed yeak as our contractor. Will bring him to our house this sunday for measurements! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi!u gonna start your reno soon?

Regarding lighting,there is a calculation to calulate the lux level in the room

so that it meets the brighness level. :)

hmm.... how? can teach: :P

going to start work either on the 25th of may or 2nd week of june cause iirc kthc will start on 1st week of june so mine is either before of after that.

looking forward to more pics....mostly carpentary works?

ya.. quite a bit of carpentry.. as we are storage freaks! your progress seems pretty :thumbs up: .. hope can visit your place soon...

We have confirmed yeak as our contractor. Will bring him to our house this sunday for measurements! :sport-smiley-018:

hmm.... how? can teach: :P

going to start work either on the 25th of may or 2nd week of june cause iirc kthc will start on 1st week of june so mine is either before of after that.

ya.. quite a bit of carpentry.. as we are storage freaks! your progress seems pretty :thumbs up: .. hope can visit your place soon...

Hi sixter

may i know how much u spend for your reno?asking cos i was doing something similiar...havent choose any contractor yet...so just want to have a ball park figure. :)

Congrates on confirming with Yeak! :D I'm sure Yeak will be able to help you with the downlights planning. Can always run through ur electrical points with him and also double check with the lights shop when you go and buy ur lights. Just bring your floor plan along and they will be able to assist. :)