Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_diamond

Blue & Pink Love Nest

Hey guys (or gals rather),

Just wanted to check with you all - Wanted to ask, would turpentine/tarpin/thinner be harmful to the laminate?

Cos' I thought if u use it on laminates - gloss or matt, it will leave this hazy patch?

What sorta stains does the turp/tarp/thinner help to remove?

Pardon my himbo-ness, just wanted to check. :P

BTW Pet et all, wanted to ask your opinions, is it the norm to have gloss laminates go with gloss wall tiles or can it be a gloss-matt mix for either laminates and tiles?

ehhhhh adrian.. honestly?

It's possible for turpentine to hurt your laminates... esp the gloss ones. It's possible for it to leave the "hazy" patch you describe. However, it doesn't happen every instance. But I've seen it happen. It's likely that some shops dilute the turpentine so it doesn't happen every time. If you use strong ones on lower quality laminates i reckon the effect will be bad.

I think a mix is fine... I think.. too shiny can cause a headache sometimes depending on the amount of light the place gets and the colour you choose. haha :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey guys (or gals rather),

Just wanted to check with you all - Wanted to ask, would turpentine/tarpin/thinner be harmful to the laminate?

Cos' I thought if u use it on laminates - gloss or matt, it will leave this hazy patch?

What sorta stains does the turp/tarp/thinner help to remove?

Pardon my himbo-ness, just wanted to check. :P

BTW Pet et all, wanted to ask your opinions, is it the norm to have gloss laminates go with gloss wall tiles or can it be a gloss-matt mix for either laminates and tiles?

i got mine from my carpenter...i had seen them cleaning off the stains for me, both glossy and matt...so far *touch wood* it's fine :)

Nothing mush to update lately as there some issue with the painting and as Uncle/Jospeh is busy lately with other projects. Promised not to chase them for this weekend, so just take some picture of the toilets n colour of rooms again. :)

Common Toilet

P010809_1117.jpg

P010809_111701.jpg

P010809_1118.jpg

P010809_111801.jpg