Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Blackcar,

I made 2 points before which I should reiterate again. First of all, to those who have tight deadlines, Ah Soon may not be your cup of tea. And it could be advisable to embedd a Handover Clause in the contract so that if the handover date is not met, certain remedial actions can be envoked.

Second, Ah Soon is not a licensed contractor (as someone pointed out before). This could be a risk. On a hindsight, its better to call HDB to gather info on the risks of engaging an unlicensed contractor.

Totally agreed with you on the above two pointers but it shld be applicable to ALL renovation contractors and ID firm too not only to ah soon.

1) I will manage my contractor on the agreed deadline and not the other way round. Then again, how many home owners will go to the extend to sue the contractors in the event of missing the Handover deadlines? Till date i havent heard of any, most of the home owners will endure. Maybe i m wrong, anyone can comment on this area?

Have u met ah soon in person? If not, i guess it is difficult to explain in words how to deal with him. He is kinda of person whom believe in man of words, so going black and white with him will turn him off. He would prefer not to take yr business. I m not encouraging the home owners here to take all these risk, but this is how i felt about him.

2) Ah soon is not a licensed contractor could e a risk? What kinda of risk you may think it will occured? As i have mentioned previously, as long as the contractor obtain legal ways to get yr renovation approval from the authority is most matter rite? If not how can ah soon been doing renovation for so many HDB houses? No?

Edited by blackcar

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

well ncy, your points have been made and have resonated very well throughout this thread. we are only humans and we do get emotional. it seem like if i were an ah soon customer and i get emotional in my posts, i am branded an ah soon supporter who gets emotional, what is up with that?

and if u said it is well known, why then, is there the start of round 2 of his same weakness and strengths? yes it invites comments due to his (over)exposure but i think what has been said should be made to pass. i cant help but feel like u are force-feeding your views on this issue when your views have been addressed. point taken! so if u go on and on and refuse to move on, can one not feeling like u are turning this thread into "your" platform?

Aubrey...grr...F4? passe leh :( *opps...digressed* who started it huh?

uncle still owes me 2 things. my eye-peep hole on the door and the mosaics to rectify. he remembers...and I hope the guys come early on sat to finish the jobs so that I can go jalan ja;an...need to comb thru Taka sales!!! Time to buy clothes for my kids!!!

ehhh F4 is not passe anymore. It's the new In actually. The korean version one! I can't believe I am so lame and watch the whole show through youtube liao :x The korean version really are eye candies man.

ok ok ... scram!! Pet will scold!! cos we talk irrelevant things again :x

uncle still owes me 2 things. my eye-peep hole on the door and the mosaics to rectify. he remembers...and I hope the guys come early on sat to finish the jobs so that I can go jalan ja;an...need to comb thru Taka sales!!! Time to buy clothes for my kids!!!

*points at pet*

not me but f4, pretty cute!! :) wa ytd uncle dropped in on me and i exclaimed, omg~! im gonna strike 4D! hahaha. eh i am in a flux so i cant rmb what he owes me etc. will sit n think when i have the time.

Hi Aubrey,

I hope you hold that thought for a second and dont be personal. If you're implying I am being personal by zooming in, onto this topic, then sorry to dissappoint you. Like I said, the fact of the matter is Ah Soon strengths and weaknesses are well known. Thats why this enables more forummers to comment about him. The facts about him like he being unlicensed, tight deadlines and cheap are well known. So this obviously invites forummers to comment.

Remember, I use the word "invite" and not "incite".

Yes he is not the only unlicensed contractor in SGP. But I think he is the only unlicensed contractor I know in this forum. Forgive me, if I dont go hunting other posts and do a hunt on unlicensed contractors in this forum. Because I have no business or time for doing so.

So its okay for you to make statement like I own this thread statement? Isnt it hitting below the waistline?

the eye-peep hole very easy one. ours was done on the very last day

ncy, i mean what else do you want me to do when here u are repeating the same old points, re-opening the same wounds over and over and yur points are all nothing new??

yes he is not a hdb licensed contractor.

yes he is tardy with his promises etc but note: he still delivers. not that i am shielding him in this. he delivers but he takes time to deliver. (e.g: 1 month even)

yes he is not what we call managing his projects on a level where all of us, potential and existing customers would want him to

yes he is not the only contractor in this forum

yes i know there's no free lunch in this world so i got to give and take a little and while i may be fine with that give & take i know that you ncy, do not like it and will not tolerate it

have i missed out on anything else? i mean, geezus, what is your point huh ncy? why dont u just compile a list like pet on what u think a proper contractor/ID should be, what he/she should do etc and just post it on every page here of this ah soon thread?

and can u answer me in the most straightforward way with no thinly veiled sarcasm on why u are only focusing on this thread and not other threads with perhaps even more shocking acts from so called contractors or ID? (like kewin's horror reno.. or lawry's not acceptable reno which i have identified that it may not be due to the company directly but by it's ID but still, onus on the company to "discipline" their staff)

i mean what else is there that is new? ah soon is NOT the only contractor, neither is he the only non HDB licensed contractor. and??? what else is there i should know?

hahaha and i love it, familyof4 = fannie = f4 now!!!

[edit]

this is not a losing battle, this is a pointless battle. i've seen the reply from ncy and since: "So if I repeat a point and some of you might find it a waste of time, I suggest you skip my posts and carry on to the next." 'nuff said.

so to those who ask qns here about ah soon and are potential customers, i will share my experience with them. other than that, i dont wish to dabble in pointless talk about the same old things again.

Edited by aubrey

no one ever disputed the above 2 points mah. no mah get flame for mentioning the above 2 points either. and didn't his customers also keeps reiterating that he can't stick to deadlines? didn't we also mention abt the license thing?

*scratch head*..

Morning Ivy. Okay let me read your sentence properly so I dun misread what you say. I dont want to be guilty of jumping on an innocent individual...hahaha.

Okay I think I get your drift above. So here is my take. I might sound like an old broken jukebox to you since I am repeating myself over and over again. But there is nothing wrong with that as well to repeat or to reiterate a point. So if I repeat a point and some of you might find it a waste of time, I suggest you skip my posts and carry on to the next.

good morning merryman

These pointers, are posted here because the facts were made known on this particular contractor, so you see me zooming on this Ah Soon. You can see me posting my views on other topics as well.

A specific pointer can be imbued irregardless of the subject matter at hand. However you might disagree with me on this, but we can agree to disagree and still have a good healthy debate :)

no one ever disputed the above 2 points mah. no one get flame for mentioning the above 2 points either. and didn't his customers also keeps reiterating that he can't stick to deadlines? didn't we also mention abt the license thing?

*scratch head*..

Edited by ivy

Hi Blackcar,

I made 2 points before which I should reiterate again. First of all, to those who have tight deadlines, Ah Soon may not be your cup of tea. And it could be advisable to embedd a Handover Clause in the contract so that if the handover date is not met, certain remedial actions can be envoked.

Second, Ah Soon is not a licensed contractor (as someone pointed out before). This could be a risk. On a hindsight, its better to call HDB to gather info on the risks of engaging an unlicensed contractor.

If today being a devil's advocate means flaming people or like some say, start a Second World War, I suggest you wake up and smell the air of DEMOCRACY, having a different view doesnt mean starting a World War.

Hi,

I love devil's advocate style. Do you mind list down again whats yr comments on ah soon be it postive or negative. I try to answer all yr comments. Be ensure, that i will give objective reply as i believe in facts nothing is matter.

cheers

To all forummers, just continue feedback on positive or negative on engaging Ah Soon. It doesnt neccesarily mean if you never engage Ah Soon before, you cant give some pointers.It doesnt mean only those who engaged Ah Soon before had the right to talk here like a particular someone who is advocating this point. No one is flaming anyone.Just by having a dissenting view, means flaming someone? Is this a warp sick joke?

If today being a devil's advocate means flaming people or like some say, start a Second World War, I suggest you wake up and smell the air of DEMOCRACY, having a different view doesnt mean starting a World War.

good morning ncy

actually just thought that if there are pointers, they can be posted into a renovation guide or something, no need to go to every single contractor and give general pointers or to enter individual contractor/id firm thread and target them by giving general pointers, or maybe i'll see you posting in every thread in this sub-forum about the various pointers to look out for each contractor/id?!

Zio

I just dont understand why nyc, if you really don't prefer Ah Soon or you cant stand people making positive comments, why bother coming in to start this 2nd world war again, yes its the 2nd time.

Wow looks who is keeping score. I also dont understand you, Zio? You such have a good memory :P Well if it makes you feel any better, I dont really understand you as well, so let us keep it the way it is, can we? :)

aubrey

the way i see it, ncy, this thread is all yours. cheers! i think i shall go clean my house now.

Another wow. Actually Aubrey the way I see it, this thread belongs to some of which I dont wanna mention names because they should know who they are. Wow cleaning house ah, well you're not the only one. I also cleaned the house aft a hard day's work.

And I agree with marvin, aft house finish reno liao, still got some ppl still stay on this forum...wow (3rd time) but who's counting. I really applaud those people's commitment and dedication to this forum. As for me, just like marvin, I think I average about maybe 3-4 posts per day maybe lesser.

And merryman saw through my sacrcasm.....thank God. Someone that finally understands....hahahaha....

And to pinkpetter, yes we should be all on the same side.

To all forummers, just continue feedback on positive or negative on engaging Ah Soon. It doesnt neccesarily mean if you never engage Ah Soon before, you cant give some pointers.It doesnt mean only those who engaged Ah Soon before had the right to talk here like a particular someone who is advocating this point. No one is flaming anyone.Just by having a dissenting view, means flaming someone? Is this a warp sick joke?