Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Actually Native.. You don't have to apologise for telling some of the forummers that Ah Soon is a registered contractor. People like us who have been looking for contractors or ID needs to verfiy the facts ourselves. They can go to HDB site to check or just simply ask Ah Soon. Afterall, we are spending our own reno money. Is our own decision.

Sharing information is part of this forum's culture. And most of us are mature adults; we should do our own weightage and decision. Just like we go to website....researching on match between Everton vs Manchester United. Where got Man-U sure win!!! Then Singapore pool can closed shop liao.

Btw, I didn't engage Ah Soon...as I accumlated too many mileages...and I need to fly soon. (real aeroplane) haha. But time doesn't permit me to ask him to quote me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Sean, u rude! Ashes senior leh...how can talk like that? no big no small 8|

But i agree with jaskel on the black sheep part...to me, there are always blacksheep irregardless of any trades.

orh...Ashes...pai sey...me dunno u so senior here...i self punish... 8|

Yes u have to....drama aldy over then u come...what the point?:P

We Law by Law de...:)

Sean, u rude! Ashes senior leh...how can talk like that? no big no small 8|

But i agree with jaskel on the black sheep part...to me, there are always blacksheep irregardless of any trades.

wah i missed 13 pages of drama!! :~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~ how can!! *getting emotional*

I am a Sooner too! but havent get licence yet! which website to apply huh? do i hv to quote my message, print out the documentation, do a cache saving, as well as jpeg capture?

Yes u have to....drama aldy over then u come...what the point?:P

We Law by Law de...:)

Haiz ... so many things revolving around this topic...

Let me say a few objective words.

As he wasn't talked about in renotalk before I knew him, I didn't know anything about him except that he was a contractor who rectifies some HBD jobs.

Then, I didn't have any concept of registered or non-registered HDB contractor - me poor with no money, so everything on tight budget.

Deciding on Ah Soon was really an adventurous decision. To make it more exciting, later I find out he's not a registered one. I'm now worried about kena HDB knock on door, but .. what for? I can't do anything to change that fact. Just hope everything he do is legal-ok so I no trouble.

@To some forumers whom I told you Ah Soon was a HDB registered contractor, please accept my apology. 8| I was really not aware of wat is 'HDB-registered'. I thought he do some HDB rectification jobs, so he should have been a registered one... :s

Also, I thought got registered/no registered is not much difference, so I carry on recommending him cos frankly he is very value-for-money (we all know this)

After so many PMs abt him "is HDB-licensed or not??" then I think, hmm.. maybe I shld not recommend him..

I'm not sure if Ah Soon is still a good option for cheap price, but no harm trying to get a quotation from him to compare, right? Especially when you're not particular about registered or not registered contractors.

I think I got eye for good deals :thumbs up: - that's why I think of 1 more option, which is to go to his brother Jason who is doing his own reno projects now. Similar quality and price without the air mileage.

Jason tell me he works for his wife company (U and B renovation), and have a license (I think it's said on Jason's blog: ubreno.blogspot.com). No need to second-guess he do things legal or not legal.

Already he completed a renovation project for my uni friend, she say not bad.

Maybe I will start a new "Jason" thread and talk abt him there - not nice to post this in his brother's thread..

Is there a different for engaging a registered or non registered HDB contractor?

To me there isn't much different.

What's are the pro's and con's?

Both registered or non registered HDB contractors have their own pro's and con's.

Not nice to lists it out here too as this thread is suppose to be on Uncle Soon. But newbies don't worry on even engaging a non registered HDB contractor. There are always bad sheep in every trade, regardless on registered or non registered contractor.

:yamseng:

wah i missed 13 pages of drama!! :~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~ how can!! *getting emotional*

I am a Sooner too! but havent get licence yet! which website to apply huh? do i hv to quote my message, print out the documentation, do a cache saving, as well as jpeg capture?

heh.. ya separate thread also good... but there are people using him now. I think threads like this aren't useful... what's useful are real T-blog threads by real owners... then can really see the process ba.

Haiz ... so many things revolving around this topic...

Let me say a few objective words.

As he wasn't talked about in renotalk before I knew him, I didn't know anything about him except that he was a contractor who rectifies some HBD jobs.

Then, I didn't have any concept of registered or non-registered HDB contractor - me poor with no money, so everything on tight budget.

Deciding on Ah Soon was really an adventurous decision. To make it more exciting, later I find out he's not a registered one. I'm now worried about kena HDB knock on door, but .. what for? I can't do anything to change that fact. Just hope everything he do is legal-ok so I no trouble.

@To some forumers whom I told you Ah Soon was a HDB registered contractor, please accept my apology. 8| I was really not aware of wat is 'HDB-registered'. I thought he do some HDB rectification jobs, so he should have been a registered one... :s

Also, I thought got registered/no registered is not much difference, so I carry on recommending him cos frankly he is very value-for-money (we all know this)

After so many PMs abt him "is HDB-licensed or not??" then I think, hmm.. maybe I shld not recommend him..

I'm not sure if Ah Soon is still a good option for cheap price, but no harm trying to get a quotation from him to compare, right? Especially when you're not particular about registered or not registered contractors.

I think I got eye for good deals :thumbs up: - that's why I think of 1 more option, which is to go to his brother Jason who is doing his own reno projects now. Similar quality and price without the air mileage.

Jason tell me he works for his wife company (U and B renovation), and have a license (I think it's said on Jason's blog: ubreno.blogspot.com). No need to second-guess he do things legal or not legal.

Already he completed a renovation project for my uni friend, she say not bad.

Maybe I will start a new "Jason" thread and talk abt him there - not nice to post this in his brother's thread..

Hi Dan & bstgal,

I suggest u all go n read more of those who reno under Uncle Soon T-Blog.It will give u a good idea that engaging him may not be all bed of roses. U need to have yr own design, time and also some frasturation in between. If timeline not an issue, then it still ok.He wont be prompt to answer yr call at times,maybe a little forgetful at times.(btw, i seem to say alot bad pts about Uncle ley....hehehehe...but my unit currently reno under him as well)

of cos he offer competitive pricing, been flexibile ,not calculative, sincere,maintain reasonably good quality.

There are also some good contractor ard...suggest u read and do some comparision before deciding.

If you are still keen, can pm me...:)

*bstgal* U can start to look for him even yr 2nd appt are months away. Cos not easy to get hold of him.N he is also rejectins some projects as well.

Hi All,

Can i have uncle soon's contact as well?

Also when do we start contacting him? i should be getting my keys only in Sept/Oct 09.

Thanks in advanced!

Hi all,

I am new to this forum n i just got mine new home at Sengkang :P . Very satisfy by the workmanship of Uncle Soon after reading through some t-blogs. Can anyone of here PM me the contact details of Uncle Soon.

wah so long nvr read this forum so many things happens...

spent some time reading what happened, dun care la. 行得正,坐得正,半夜敲门也不惊。

ya la ya la... cheena very good... :P Prolly took you 1 sec to type that phrase...

oops *sidetrack*

Thanks mrspiglet. Will do. :) And you too. :)

wah so long nvr read this forum so many things happens...

spent some time reading what happened, dun care la. 行得正,坐得正,半夜敲门也不惊。

Edited by guy77

Wow,nvr visit this thread 4 few days it got so interesting.

I tink enuf have been said and forummers who are renovating their unit at present or in the future are smart enuf to decide for themselves whether ah soon or any other contractor is è 1 for them.

After all,one man's meat is another man's poison.