Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

and for us to hack hack hack...*Ooops*

Can someone PM Ah Soon contacts? I am a sincere owner who wish to renovate full 4A HDB. Budget is less than 30k. Time mid Oct to Dec 2009. Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
didn't know that yours is also under uncle :) Yes, u can share your experience and let potential sooners knows what are the problems faced. the good and the bad...

Yes, i m one of ah soon customer. My experience with ah soon, the feeling is the same for all the rest of the general renovation contractors. You got to FOLLOW UP closely, thats all. Not too sure for ID standard, i mean those REAL ID firm, not those replica one. Like those employ a designer and claims to be ID firm.

Ah soon hometeam is no difference from the rest of the general contractors, u got to monitor them closely as you r the one staying there. As usual, be it ah soon or others contractors, at times they will usually give crap story and reason for doing yr reno works. Reason for being is that, fast and easy job which translate into cost saving for them!!! My advise is that you got to be firm with them.

Here are the afew examples from - the contractors:-

1) u know, i arrange liao, but the contractors didnt turn up, no choice rite, hope u can understand

2) for this kind of price u r paying is consider cheap liao, u shld understand and hopes u bear with it!!!

3) i m so chiam, always kena scolded by the owner for not being understanding

this one is super classic 4) U didnt tell me leh!!!!

5) i m sorry, is my fault!!!

6) dont worry, after u move in, then if got problems we will come back!!

here is my reply to the above 5 pointers

1) that is yr problem, not mine, why are u telling me yr problem?? U r suppose to arrange not me rite?

2) ya cheap and reasonable is a great difference, yrs is reasonable not cheap, cheap means for carpentry work $10 psf is consider cheap, yrs is $100 over is reasonable.

3) play along with them, sigh along

4) when comes to make the final balance payment, siam them, give them the reason bcos they didnt tell or reminds u

5) tis one, got to curse him liao, no choice

6) for wat i need u to come back, i hate to stay in then reno still on-going, either u do it now or i deduct from the payment.

I m no difference fm the rest, me too had a few issues with ah soon hometeam, but manage to reason out with them and get it done to my requirement. I must say, for that kind price i m paying, is defintely worth it. IS NOT CHEAP, IS REASONABLE.

Edited by blackcar

this sounds scandalous enough...MM, some more, some more...force BD out with actions! come, come...haha

but we have to migrate elsewhere ok, not on ah soon thread else Pet will 8|

let's move over to BD t-blog :P

hahaha... he and ivy are away, somewhere :P

this sounds scandalous enough...MM, some more, some more...force BD out with actions! come, come...haha

but we have to migrate elsewhere ok, not on ah soon thread else Pet will 8|

Edited by familyof4

oh dear...happy thoughts, happy thoughts!!! *paging for BD* where are u??? hiding in the loo snoozing???

hahaha... he and ivy are away, somewhere :P

hahaha, a bit bored :P too free will make my mind start thinking about reno + furnishing cost... haiz...

oh dear...happy thoughts, happy thoughts!!! *paging for BD* where are u??? hiding in the loo snoozing???

haha...was caught by someone to help vet thru articles, so was a tad bz...i think all bz lah...u bored?

i go fish out BD...

hahaha, a bit bored :P too free will make my mind start thinking about reno + furnishing cost... haiz...

haha, u, pj, ivy, bd, all suddenly goes missing, RT was haunted town for hours :D

haha...was caught by someone to help vet thru articles, so was a tad bz...i think all bz lah...u bored?

i go fish out BD...

haha...hmm...ivy's status is away leh...tgt u ignoring their posts liao :P

miss BD huh???

haha, u, pj, ivy, bd, all suddenly goes missing, RT was haunted town for hours :D

f4f4 :D aiyo, RT moving so slow today... where is the ivy, bd drama?!

haha...hmm...ivy's status is away leh...tgt u ignoring their posts liao :P

miss BD huh???

didn't know that yours is also under uncle :) Yes, u can share your experience and let potential sooners knows what are the problems faced. the good and the bad...

f4f4 :D aiyo, RT moving so slow today... where is the ivy, bd drama?!

YAWN...................You guys still arguing and talking abt ah soon ah?? Here is my two cents, If scare dont ask him to do the reno for you.

Just completed my reno by Ah Soon hometeam. Got to thanks to ah soon fan club too, ppl like pinkpetter for ah soon contacts nos, ivy - yr generous offer to view yr hse but i couldnt find the time to do it and many more.

This forum reallys rocks, tons of good information and nice ppl here to help out!!!

Hmm maybe shld starts my own blog, title My Cheapo Reno!!!