Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tulips

Project Home Sweet Home @ Yishun

hmmm... I guess once in a while I will clean the kitchen by splashing water and give the tiles a good "scrub", that y I need to level-up the WM and fridge loh.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
there will be another round of polishing tomolo.

haiz... this flooring really caused big headache for us and yeak as well. i think yeak don't dare to take on any more marble flooring work after this.

is it becos of the scratches due to carpentry works and stuff? its the same with us... one round of polishing was already done, but after the carpentry and painting, the floor is like :o again.

also some deep chinks fm previous hacking when floor wasn't protected yet :bangwall:

i'm wondering how the polishing will be carried out with the carpentry, cos heard that alot of water will be used in the process.

we have requested another round of polishing, wondering if it will solve the scratches

Hi Tulips,

Your place is very nicely done up. The effect from the tiles and mirror at the toilet looks great.

The red doors are very unique and outstanding too. Red sure bring good luck! :)

Nice touch with the full glass sliding wardrobe too.

Agree with KTHC on the cemented bowls. If your washing machine very powerful, it may cause the bowl to crack although the concrete will probably survive. Think those building material shops can find some nice looking bricks to put for your base. :)

i see..if that is the case then u need to lift it up le,why at the first place ,u never ask yeak to do a base for u?

cost-cutting? :rolleyes:

ya loh, cost cutting wor... and another thing is dun wan to restrict ourself on choices when we wan to change our washer next time.

I think I need to look for replacement for the washer base le, coz u guys got a point here... dun tink the base will be strong enough for the washer.

is it becos of the scratches due to carpentry works and stuff? its the same with us... one round of polishing was already done, but after the carpentry and painting, the floor is like :o again.

also some deep chinks fm previous hacking when floor wasn't protected yet :bangwall:

i'm wondering how the polishing will be carried out with the carpentry, cos heard that alot of water will be used in the process.

we have requested another round of polishing, wondering if it will solve the scratches

sorry for the late reply coz i missed out on ur posting.... my marble problem is mainly due to the scratches caused by the marble-polishing machine as well as efflorescence problem.... big big headache :bangwall:

I will try to post pictures for the full ang ang kitchen this week coz I haven't tidy up the kitchen yet... the top is still cover with bubble wrap :P

hehehe.... rondy, u better dun take wor. dun wan u to get caught... i have managed to get 4 flower-shaped brick from a shop selling construction material. now thing whether to print it in white or left it in its original red-brick color.

But the red is those dull red and not the type of bright red which i m having...

Most exterior paint are waterproof one right??? Thinking of getting those spraying paint, I guess that will be faster than painting the brick with paint brush.

I need to move in by end sept but yeak cannot handover the place to me yet bcoz still got issue with the marble flooring...

This flooring really is a big big headache leh... the marble polisher have done polishing on my flooring for 8 times and counting... They will be coming again this week and i really hope that this time round they can treat their work seriously and professionally... almost running out of patience for them...

Edited by tulips

This flooring really is a big big headache leh... the marble polisher have done polishing on my flooring for 8 times and counting... They will be coming again this week and i really hope that this time round they can treat their work seriously and professionally... almost running out of patience for them...

are they unable to remove the scratches inset in the flooring or they didn't buff the floor properly?

I need to move in by end sept but yeak cannot handover the place to me yet bcoz still got issue with the marble flooring...

8 times??? Wah, sooner or later, they'll polish away the whole tile liao. Yeak told me that marble will crack naturally, since it's natural stone. Some of the scratches cannot be polish away one woh.

Mine also got one big crack after polishing. But since it's not at an obvious spot, we just made do. :(

My marble flooring after polishing and buffing, I still can see those scratches or mark that is left behind by their machine. I can straight away tell tat the marks r caused by the machine bcoz those scratches are in circular shape.

Seem like this person who is doing the polishing is inexperienced... and worst of all he still can tell my mom that those marks are normal, even if she take her new car for polishing there will also be tis kind of problem....:bangwall: wah kaoz... when my mom relate to me what he said, my blood boils...

My marble flooring after polishing and buffing, I still can see those scratches or mark that is left behind by their machine. I can straight away tell tat the marks r caused by the machine bcoz those scratches are in circular shape.

Seem like this person who is doing the polishing is inexperienced... and worst of all he still can tell my mom that those marks are normal, even if she take her new car for polishing there will also be tis kind of problem....:bangwall: wah kaoz... when my mom relate to me what he said, my blood boils...

we also requested for our marble flooring to be buffed and polished :( caught some roundish scratches too, and we still wanna make a last-ditch attempt to smooth out the deepset lines... :(

this is the main issue holding up our HO now. other small items like cleaning off the paint, mending some holes here and there are fine.

but the marble...

hope that your floor turns out OK... esp after all the $$ spent on it. but don't grind until too much of it is worn off

Phew... After 9 rounds of polishing, finally it has come to an end of endurance and torturing moments...

Many many reasons for the arrival of this moment:

1] No much time left for them to polish n polish n polish

2] No marble material left much to polish

3] No heart to continue n see the marble being tortured again n again

4] No point already at this stage

Nonetheless, it still looks alright after 9 rounds...slightly better than before...at the very least, the circular scratches/marks are not seen as prominent as before...

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

Starry starry celling (Alpha stage)

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00464.jpg