Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest melancholic

The M Family's New Home In Seng Kang (the Rivervale)

I just added to your t-blog.

anyway... to be honest... alot of advantages of not having a tv! that 5-6 days without tv was great! no bugging from the boys about watching the same dvd/vcd again and again, no fighting from them over what show to watch, time was spent on flash cards instead, or reading story books, or going down for a walk around the condo's compound, etc. (more healthy for them, rest their eyes etc.) And too much tv .. makes them hyperactive, disturbs their sleep .. especially if watch too much before going to bed.

Only ones to be really inconvenienced are my in-laws who are staying with us, cos no tv to watch.

Oh.. and no tv.. good for husband and wife also.. cos tendency of plonking down infront of the idiot box is very high.. and don't really communicate with each other.. except maybe for commenting on the stupid scenes or advertisements. Or in your case.. no tv.. maybe you can read up more cook books.. or experiment making more goodies.. :P so... not that bad right?

hahaha.....Thanx!!! give me lots of reasons why i should not buy a new tv should they refuse to fix it....

actually till now my kids didn't request to watch tv....which i think its good...but i just angry they don't fix it.....just gonna leave it to hubby ...and i shall vent my anger on making more ice creams.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest melancholic
hahaha.....Thanx!!! give me lots of reasons why i should not buy a new tv should they refuse to fix it....

actually till now my kids didn't request to watch tv....which i think its good...but i just angry they don't fix it.....just gonna leave it to hubby ...and i shall vent my anger on making more ice creams.....

preciousjam... any updates on your situation?

Guest melancholic

It's been a long time since I last updated... either too tired.. or just losing steam.. but prob essentially.. there's nothing relevant worth updating.

Anyways.. my wife just put up our first 2 wall decals. Overpaid for them as we bought on impulse at a booth in Tampines 1. Subsequently, I didn't see them being sold at GMarket.. though I'm sure the seller can easily get them.

This one is in our living room, opposite end from the TV console. Wifey's neck was all sore from having to stretch like a giraffe... this is especially tough.. given that our ceiling is high .. and we are not exactly giraffe material.

photo0303.jpg

This one is at our master bedroom. They also provided colourful bits of stickers that could be used to adorn the attire of the figures...

photo0297r.jpg

It's been a long time since I last updated... either too tired.. or just losing steam.. but prob essentially.. there's nothing relevant worth updating.

Anyways.. my wife just put up our first 2 wall decals. Overpaid for them as we bought on impulse at a booth in Tampines 1. Subsequently, I didn't see them being sold at GMarket.. though I'm sure the seller can easily get them.

This one is in our living room, opposite end from the TV console. Wifey's neck was all sore from having to stretch like a giraffe... this is especially tough.. given that our ceiling is high .. and we are not exactly giraffe material.

photo0303.jpg

This one is at our master bedroom. They also provided colourful bits of stickers that could be used to adorn the attire of the figures...

photo0297r.jpg

Hi Melancholic

Long time no see your updates hehe. I saw the 1st one being sold in gmarket leh but i muz very nice. Did u enjoy putting up the decals?

Guest melancholic
Hi Melancholic

Long time no see your updates hehe. I saw the 1st one being sold in gmarket leh but i muz very nice. Did u enjoy putting up the decals?

Hi pbtgal,

Ist one... I didn't see it at GMarket after I bought it from the stall. But I know they will have all the decals... I'm looking to get the cartoon ones from there for my boys' room.

My wife was the one putting up the decals while I 'directed'. haha. Actually.. she's better at such stuff lah.. that's why.

Only thing is that she wanted to follow the example provided in the box... so not much 'creativity' there.

thinking of customising for the glass at my kitchen... you know how much customised ones will cost?

Hi pbtgal,

Ist one... I didn't see it at GMarket after I bought it from the stall. But I know they will have all the decals... I'm looking to get the cartoon ones from there for my boys' room.

My wife was the one putting up the decals while I 'directed'. haha. Actually.. she's better at such stuff lah.. that's why.

Only thing is that she wanted to follow the example provided in the box... so not much 'creativity' there.

thinking of customising for the glass at my kitchen... you know how much customised ones will cost?

Oh, i dun have experience in customizing but i know it depends on sizes. Maybe, can check out some of the online stores like http://www.decorettestore.com and http://www.lush-affairs.com.

Guest melancholic
your 2 decals are nice...esp the musical one...so where did you get it? did you paste it yourself?

I bought it at Tampines One... one of those push carts at the second level. But they have a shop at Square 2 @ novena. But it's much more expensive than buying it from GMarket cos they have overheads. Only positive is that you can see the actual product first before you buy, and while browsing, you can compare which ones are much better.

is wall deco easy to paste.

i am planning buy from Gmarket. But I afraid that later difficult to paste and stuffs. ya.

Yes, it's easy to paste. although it's a one time application, you can repeel immediately (as in within less than a minute) if you make a mistake and paste it nicely. They have a sample picture for you with a numbering system to help you to paste if you want to follow it. Otherwise, you can simply paste it anyway you want.

You just need to ensure that there is no air bubble within, which is not difficult. I guess the real difficulty would come with those that you need to paste high up the wall.. cos it means you need a ladder and your neck might be sore after that.. heh.

cheers!