Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest melancholic

The M Family's New Home In Seng Kang (the Rivervale)

True true...

Anyway.. I got the black coloured one last friday! :) Looks nice on my wall now.. heh.. must take a pict of it soon. It uses 5 AA sized batteries though. 2 for the clock, 1 for alarm and 2 for the digital component (date, day and ambient temperature).

Thanks. I'm starting to like it a lot more also... credit to my ID.. :) I'm sure your place will look even better than mine, cos I only had $20k to spend, including lighting, on the reno.... so couldn't do many things.

Actually i feel very bad for spending so much on reno but i told myself i hope to live in this house for as long i am allowed to. My in-laws are blaming us say if en-block, u lugi ah. But to en-block 5-room flats, we dun think its possible leh. Pray hard.

U too modest lah, ur house is still beautiful as its the lovenest for u & ur family mah, esp wif ur 2 cuties ;) .

Edited by pbtgal

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest melancholic
Actually i feel very bad for spending so much on reno but i told myself i hope to live in this house for as long i am allowed to. My in-laws are blaming us say if en-block, u lugi ah. But to en-block 5-room flats, we dun think its possible leh. Pray hard.

U too modest lah, ur house is still beautiful as its the lovenest for u & ur family mah, esp wif ur 2 cuties ;) .

Don't feel bad, cos it's worse having to live in a place where you feel so 'pek chek' every day... looking at eye sores that you wish you had gotten rid of. If you are really so suay (tough wood).. and lugi.. so be it lor. Better that you got to enjoy the house. For things like this, you can't put a price tag... it's a mastercard moment... priceless.

:)

And thanks.. I'm contented with my house... :) Still nice.. yeap.. not like others.. but still good enough for my family :) Just so long as my elder one stops destroying it... urrghh.. destroying the tv wasnt enuff.. he scatched the new fridge with the fridge magnets, scratched the master bedroom door and light switch, scrapped the parquey floor with his lego, attempted to write on my MBR wardrobe (the white portion) etc... :o

Don't feel bad, cos it's worse having to live in a place where you feel so 'pek chek' every day... looking at eye sores that you wish you had gotten rid of. If you are really so suay (tough wood).. and lugi.. so be it lor. Better that you got to enjoy the house. For things like this, you can't put a price tag... it's a mastercard moment... priceless.

:)

And thanks.. I'm contented with my house... :) Still nice.. yeap.. not like others.. but still good enough for my family :) Just so long as my elder one stops destroying it... urrghh.. destroying the tv wasnt enuff.. he scatched the new fridge with the fridge magnets, scratched the master bedroom door and light switch, scrapped the parquey floor with his lego, attempted to write on my MBR wardrobe (the white portion) etc... :o

How big are the boys? Mine is 3 years old & equally cutely destructive. Anyway, ur TV is new one? Heart-pain for u.

aiyoh.. i got 2 noti boys at home too.. i forese my new 40" tv may suffer the same fate as ur 42"... so how? the TV RIP already ah?

Guest melancholic
How big are the boys? Mine is 3 years old & equally cutely destructive. Anyway, ur TV is new one? Heart-pain for u.

My eldest is 4 yr and 3 months, the younger one is 2 yr and 7 months.

Luckily (in a way), the tv is coming to 2 years old. But it cost me $2400+ at that time, and it's still not fully paid for.. (24 mth installment ending in 2-3 months time). But still heart pain lor...

aiyoh.. i got 2 noti boys at home too.. i forese my new 40" tv may suffer the same fate as ur 42"... so how? the TV RIP already ah?

I called Best Denki.. cos got the 5 year warranty. They said they'll arrange with the agent to take a look. I didn't give the full picture of what happened.. cos actually I didn't see how it happened but surmised based on circumstances. Now.. crossing fingers that the warranty can cover 'acts of mischief by little tyrants'! haha :unsure:

How old are your boys?

Guest melancholic

Heh.. to take my mind off the sad incident with my tv... I'll put some nice things here...

This is what the top of my shoe rack looks like now... (it was neater though.. heh)

As you can see, we really are the M Family heh. The pict on the right was the picture that helped my son win the cutest baby contest for dunno which month... (some online contest)

photo0265a.jpg

This is the corner at my dining area where we have a chest of drawers. The picture above was done in Bangkok 2 - 3 years back. We gave two photos to the artist found on the ground floor of MBK Centre and he combined them into this nice drawing. And the digital photo frame below was the prize my wife and younger son won for a photo she submitted for some TV mobile/Drypers "Perfect pairs" contest.

photo0266.jpg

I love family portraits! I am waiting for my boy to be able to really walk w/o much aid and wana venture out and take a set of photos for my photo wall!

Ur place sure looks cosy with all the pictures! Happy family!

Guest melancholic
I love family portraits! I am waiting for my boy to be able to really walk w/o much aid and wana venture out and take a set of photos for my photo wall!

Ur place sure looks cosy with all the pictures! Happy family!

The photo montage on my shoe rack.. that was done by a photographer (Think his name is Yew Kwang). We went to this photography studio at Chinatown, near temple street I think. WE brought a few change of clothes for the 2 boys. They have some there too, and there's lots of toys and all. Very nice. We spent 3 hours there! different scenes.. different outfits etc.

At the end, he will burn ALL the raw digital copies into a DVD-ROM and give it to you. For different package prices, he will touch up the photos that we select and print it out and put into a nice album. He will also do a bigger montage like the one on my shoe rack. I think I only paid $188 or $288.. can't remember. It's a good deal though. :)

My younger son was only about 10-11 months then. Don't have to wait until he walks!! :) You can see some of the pictures here.

http://www.slide.com/r/EOFogVSy3z_yrz64uc7...230376403557432

Wow, the whole house warm up wif family photos & portraits :thumbs up: .

Yup yup! Hope it will inspire you too!

Hi melancholic

actually we intend to do that cos my sis juz did hers, very tempting. Maybe after this reno episode, we will do up a 全家福。

love the family potrait....heart warming.....i would love to put more photos for my house...if only my hubby agree....

Guest melancholic
Hi melancholic

actually we intend to do that cos my sis juz did hers, very tempting. Maybe after this reno episode, we will do up a 全家福。

Yes yes... please do! :) It's a good time for family bonding and the memories will last! :)

love the family potrait....heart warming.....i would love to put more photos for my house...if only my hubby agree....

Ehh?? preciousjam.. why won't your hubby agree? Must tell him.. it will make the place look more like home.

that's really a good deal!!! do u still have the contact? can pm me?

This is his website. http://www.yewkwang.com/

Hmmm.. seems like his prices have increased to $288 (I paid $188 for mine.. I remember now..) but it contains more things. But he seems to have limited the photoshoot time to 1 hr. Maybe can 'cham siong' a bit. I did mine almost 2 years ago.. so never keep track of what his prices are ... hmm

Guest melancholic
no worries...i know of a few photographers just wana have a few quotes and compare :) seems like they can capture the good shots!

I remember now.. my wife used to frequent Singapore Motherhood Forum.. and her kakis there came across Yew Kwang's package and used him.. and found him to be good... so a whole bunch of us booked him and used him... now his profile higher.. maybe that's why he increased his charges!! :)

Maybe I'll check with my bro-in-law. He is staying with my family now.. he's a photographer also... but only thing is that he doesn't have a studio ... so not sure about studio shots. Outdoors definitely no problems.

These are his websites.. but it's more of actual day wedding photography stuff.

http://marcusleephotography.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahappyday/

Maybe if you have anyone who needs actual day photography for their wedding.. can let me know.. I'll make him give them a good price.. ;)

I digress... back to topic... Can't wait to see your portraits also! :)