Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest melancholic

The M Family's New Home In Seng Kang (the Rivervale)

haha...i also went MH forum for deals...the shopping sprees there are irresistable! :P

no worries...i will check out the forum and discuss with my hubby and see who's a better choice for us ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest melancholic

My wife was figuring out how to maximise the use of the niches at our MBR wardrobe... so this is what she did.

photo0263.jpg

photo0262b.jpg

Yea.. the Hello Kitty collection... she couldn't bear to throw them away even though it's very 'din deh'... cos of all the effort her family took too collect it back then. Those crazy days where they would queue for hours... and now looking back at those days.. she just feels its so silly. But I think more than that... it's also a kind of remembrance for her... cos she still can't believe that her late father actually encouraged them to queue for it.. and even helped...

Well... it kinda balances the masculinity of the MBR wardrobe with this feminine touch.. and... even my 2 sons have a hello kitty each!! haha kor kor has a blue one and didi has a pink one... cute!

Guest melancholic
haha...i also went MH forum for deals...the shopping sprees there are irresistable! :P

no worries...i will check out the forum and discuss with my hubby and see who's a better choice for us ;)

Hahaha.. yea.. my wife got lots of stuff there from bulk purchases.. and sometimes didn't dare tell me. But .. we really did save quite a bundle.

Now she's just too busy with work.. and also cos he company, Canon, blocks access to all forums and blogsites.. so she just keeps in touch with a few of the good friends she made a MH forum.

i also dun dare tell my hubby de...only super deals then i say like my baby bjorn carrier etc...

the hello kitty i also have....thinking of giving away cos my store room doesn't have too much space for me to store all those stuff and i also have lotsa stuff toys following me since i was a little gal...haiz...

My wife was figuring out how to maximise the use of the niches at our MBR wardrobe... so this is what she did.

photo0263.jpg

photo0262b.jpg

Yea.. the Hello Kitty collection... she couldn't bear to throw them away even though it's very 'din deh'... cos of all the effort her family took too collect it back then. Those crazy days where they would queue for hours... and now looking back at those days.. she just feels its so silly. But I think more than that... it's also a kind of remembrance for her... cos she still can't believe that her late father actually encouraged them to queue for it.. and even helped...

Well... it kinda balances the masculinity of the MBR wardrobe with this feminine touch.. and... even my 2 sons have a hello kitty each!! haha kor kor has a blue one and didi has a pink one... cute!

hahaha brings back memories lei....mine now sitting in the store room...can imagine queue like mad, some more can see in the news every week....and now sitting in store ...haiz~~~but its nice how your wife decorate....

used to have lots of photo which i DIY at the old place, den he decided he wanted simplicity this time roundso limit the number of photos i can put up....

never mind....another few more months i should be able to put up some more....

i also dun dare tell my hubby de...only super deals then i say like my baby bjorn carrier etc...

the hello kitty i also have....thinking of giving away cos my store room doesn't have too much space for me to store all those stuff and i also have lotsa stuff toys following me since i was a little gal...haiz...

hello kitty?!!!that PD all time favourite!!!!

if u want hor...have to give u when hubby's not around...he Q-ed for it :P come to think of it...maybe i should just keep it hor...he q for it over night leh...

Guest melancholic

Heh.. after awhile.. I got influenced.. and would sometimes question her: "how come buy so little? Buy more and stock up for future use lah." :P

heh.. imagine people used to be able to sell off the whole set for lots of $$$. I'm a hoarder.. my wife's a discarder... so for her to want to keep the Hello Kitty.. that says a lot. But... yea.. better to give away and bring joy to others than to keep in the store room..

hahaha brings back memories lei....mine now sitting in the store room...can imagine queue like mad, some more can see in the news every week....and now sitting in store ...haiz~~~but its nice how your wife decorate....

used to have lots of photo which i DIY at the old place, den he decided he wanted simplicity this time roundso limit the number of photos i can put up....

Heh.. and people even fought in queue... :o

Oh.. you must be good at graphics too? My wife is pretty good.. and she photoshop a lot of our photos into collages etc. and then prints it out DIY with the Canon printer and paper. I also wanted simplicity.. but then felt the house was a bit 'cold' and the photos helped a lot. :) So.. yea.. maybe after awhile, your hubby will come around and let you put up more. :)

Guest melancholic
if u want hor...have to give u when hubby's not around...he Q-ed for it :P come to think of it...maybe i should just keep it hor...he q for it over night leh...

Haha.. no need lah.. My wife had quite a few extras also.

Like that.. better keep it or find a way to display it. Especially since your house is so big. Like I say.. memories are priceless.

Guest melancholic

preciousjam.. I just noticed u have a group of kakis from RT who like to cook and bake.. my wife enjoys it too.. but just no time nowadays.. and now.. our new kitchen got no built-in oven ... so totally no chance.. until we buy a convection oven. Maybe she'll get inspired to get started again if she learns about your group.. heh. :)

Guest melancholic

My ID came to replace the broken glass at the kitchen yesterday. They replaced it with a tempered glass instead, at no cost, so that it won't keep shattering. Problem is that the two heater switches means that the hole in the glass would have to be quite big, and when they fix the switches onto the glass, it would create quite a bit of pressure and might crack the glass again.

Sigh.. now the reno is done, it's a relief, but at the same time, cos I didn't have the $$ to do more, I keep seeing things that can be improved.

Anyways.. my wife and I went to home fix to buy some copper coloured paint for the window grille at the kitchen and repainted it. It looks much much better now... gotta take a pict of it too!

preciousjam.. I just noticed u have a group of kakis from RT who like to cook and bake.. my wife enjoys it too.. but just no time nowadays.. and now.. our new kitchen got no built-in oven ... so totally no chance.. until we buy a convection oven. Maybe she'll get inspired to get started again if she learns about your group.. heh. :)

ya there's a group of super duper baking kings and queens...they just did some baking for a gathering at my place....the next gathering you and your wifey must join us...i'm also inspired to do some baking myself....have to get my oven first....

Guest melancholic
ya there's a group of super duper baking kings and queens...they just did some baking for a gathering at my place....the next gathering you and your wifey must join us...i'm also inspired to do some baking myself....have to get my oven first....

Haha.. sure thing! And we also need to get the oven first so we can bring some stuff (edible!!) as well.

Guest melancholic

Update on my poor TV...

Samsung agent checked the TV on Tuesday and said that the screen had cracked... (sure sign of violence on the part of my 2 boys). They'll be coming today to replace the screen. whew.. so no need to pay anything... :)