Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest melancholic

The M Family's New Home In Seng Kang (the Rivervale)

Guest melancholic

photo0201o.jpg

photo0200g.jpg

photo0199q.jpg

Some pictures of the nearly completed kitchen. Just need to put up the Indian Granite, glass backsplash and tempered glass to cover the gap in the wall, as well as the shelve above the dish rack.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest melancholic

The living room floor will be polished tomorrow.. and then on Friday, they will clean the groutings. The roller blinds and curtains will be installed on friday morning.. hope the colour matches.. cos we can't remember what we chose!! Die...

and we couldn't change the delivery of our King sized mattress and bed frame from OM.. so they'll be delivered around 1-3pm on Friday. Hope they don't inconvenience the guys as they are cleaning the groutings.

One thing I'm really afraid of is that the furnishing and curtain etc. that we had purchased on our own do not match the wall colour or the overall feel of the house. And I've not gone back to see how well they have rectified the problems with the MBR wardrobe.

Now that things are in the final lap.. I'm just so tired of it all and dun even feel the joy or anticipation of moving to my new place.

Now the ID just told me that the coloured glass backsplash cannot fit into the lift if it is a single piece, cos it's 9ft long. And his sub con is not confident of carrying it up 15 storeys without damaging it.

Anyone here faced the same problem and accepted a joint line for the backsplash? Or did you all insist on having it one piece and if damaged, rejecting it?

Guest melancholic

Today Kelvin told me that he got his carpenters to redo the laminates for 2 of the kitchen cabinets.. cos he found some defects. Not bad.... cos I hadn't started inspecting the kitchen yet.. heh. On the ball sia...

oh yah.. decided to split the glass backsplash into 3 portions.. since have to break it up anyway... the centre portion will be aligned to the hood and hob.. and will be black in colour, while the other pieces will be in white... grr... hope it turns out nice... :o

Gonna move in some of my stuff tomorrow night.. and since my bed will be there.. I've decided to sleep there tomorrow night.. ahead of the big move on Saturday.. heh

The living room floor will be polished tomorrow.. and then on Friday, they will clean the groutings. The roller blinds and curtains will be installed on friday morning.. hope the colour matches.. cos we can't remember what we chose!! Die...

and we couldn't change the delivery of our King sized mattress and bed frame from OM.. so they'll be delivered around 1-3pm on Friday. Hope they don't inconvenience the guys as they are cleaning the groutings.

One thing I'm really afraid of is that the furnishing and curtain etc. that we had purchased on our own do not match the wall colour or the overall feel of the house. And I've not gone back to see how well they have rectified the problems with the MBR wardrobe.

Now that things are in the final lap.. I'm just so tired of it all and dun even feel the joy or anticipation of moving to my new place.

Now the ID just told me that the coloured glass backsplash cannot fit into the lift if it is a single piece, cos it's 9ft long. And his sub con is not confident of carrying it up 15 storeys without damaging it.

Anyone here faced the same problem and accepted a joint line for the backsplash? Or did you all insist on having it one piece and if damaged, rejecting it?

think new got the same problem...hers is a huge piece...she wanted to put in bathroom....same reason given plus if bathroom,moisture might seep into the joint area and cause other problems...

Guest melancholic

Been so busy with work.. no time to show the pictures of our record move in.

We moved into our new place on 27 June 09.

MBR at night, where the shelves are beside the wardrobe:

photo0216.jpg

Younger son sleeping on the floor beside our bed

photo0218.jpg

Our bed in the morning..

photo0225.jpg

Guest melancholic

My new Kitchen!

photo0227.jpg

photo0228.jpg

photo0239.jpg

From the outside...

photo0230k.jpg

Edited by melancholic

Guest melancholic
:) the backsplash turned out quite well in the end! That was a good solution to turn the problem into a design instead! :)

Haha.. yea... it did turn out well in the end.

Unfortunately, a few days later, this long crack appeared.

photo0245y.jpg

The ID, Kelvin, suspects a hairline crack appeared when the electrician put back the socket.. and it later grew bigger. He'll get the whole piece replaced. Poor guy.. this job really is not worth it for him.. so many problems...

Guest melancholic

Some more picts.. of my messy home..

heh.. didn't want to put up sanitised, show room like picts.. cos it's not realistic..

The 3-in-1 super single sized bed from Unispring (IMM Branch) with Max Coil mattress for my elder son and mother-in-law:

photo0226h.jpg

The 3 Seater sofa from Univonna

photo0232.jpg

And the recliner

photo0222.jpg

photo0233w.jpg

Guest melancholic

This is a nice shoe rack that my wife found at AMK Ave 8 furniture shop. It costs around $330 I think

photo0223g.jpg

Guest melancholic

Our dining area.

We pushed the table against the wall for more space, since we don't have family meals together. When we hold gatherings, we'll just pull the table out and get more chairs

photo0224.jpg

photo0235g.jpg

photo0234g.jpg

i love live-in pics :) with kids, ur house is considered pretty neat already...whenever I am back home, my place will be littered wih toys all over! haha...but no complaints so long everyone is happy :0

I like the MBR wardrobe of yours! and ur house feels so homely and cosy...

Guest melancholic

Our TV Console.

It's actually a 3-piece, so the 2 smaller sides can actually be removed to double up as side tables if necessary.

photo0231.jpg

Luckily it seems to be in ok quality. Actually, the white chairs that you see in the dining room area earlier, one is shaky and the other has dark stains. I'm still waiting for Inch to change for us before we pay the balance of $140+ but looks like they're not interested.

Guest melancholic
i love live-in pics :) with kids, ur house is considered pretty neat already...whenever I am back home, my place will be littered wih toys all over! haha...but no complaints so long everyone is happy :0

I like the MBR wardrobe of yours! and ur house feels so homely and cosy...

Haha.. Thanks familyof4

I'm just thankful my mother-in-law is living with us, so she helps us with the cleaning and the scolding. :o

Yea.. I'm starting to like the MBR wardrobe a lot more. My wife has just added her feminine touch to make the niches look nicer, to balance out the strong black feel. :)

Guest melancholic

Finally, our yard area.

photo0236.jpg

Another view of my Samsung Washer, which sounds like an aeroplane landing.. u know.. the sharp whining sound.. :P

photo0237b.jpg

And to show familyof4 how lived in we are already, this is a picture of our utility/store room just 4 days after we moved in. haha :)

photo0238.jpg