Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spearhawk

Jason Goh From U And B Design And Renovation

Hi All,

recently, just met up with Jason no 1.... overall, quite comfortable through the discussion. He promise to get back to us within 1 wk with the quote and what really impressed me is he can write down all the prices within 30 seconds.... haha (my work is not a lot la tongue.gif )

Actually, we are 80% would like to use him even though the final quotation is not done... our main worry is delay of work!!! does anyone here has any experience that he delayed reno work e.g. promise 3-4 weeks but turnout to be 5-6 weeks..... because i am renting right now so have a tight reno schedule.

Anyone to share experience?

another question will be..... can we move in even though the reno is still ongoing?

hehe..... that's worst case.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All,

recently, just met up with Jason no 1.... overall, quite comfortable through the discussion. He promise to get back to us within 1 wk with the quote and what really impressed me is he can write down all the prices within 30 seconds.... haha (my work is not a lot la tongue.gif )

Actually, we are 80% would like to use him even though the final quotation is not done... our main worry is delay of work!!! does anyone here has any experience that he delayed reno work e.g. promise 3-4 weeks but turnout to be 5-6 weeks..... because i am renting right now so have a tight reno schedule.

Anyone to share experience?

another question will be..... can we move in even though the reno is still ongoing?

hehe..... that's worst case.

80% is as gd as confirmed lah

Would suggest u asked for LD if schedule is important.

Moving into the unit while the reno is still on-going can be v troublesome.

But since no choice, at least have one of the room ready so that u can stay and locked everything in the room.

80% is as gd as confirmed lah

Would suggest u asked for LD if schedule is important.

Moving into the unit while the reno is still on-going can be v troublesome.

But since no choice, at least have one of the room ready so that u can stay and locked everything in the room.

Hi MR&MRS GOH...

Can i check what is LD?????

LD if i am not wrong refer to: LIQUIDATED DAMAGES

Thanks.... by the way, i would like to have a look on house renovated by Jason.....

Just wonder anyone allow me to do that? hehe....

PM me k?

thanks.

Not here to direct allegation or watsoever intentions.

Just my personal experience with this Jason Goh #1.

Had requested for quotation with him back then and I have to wait for 2 weeks before he emailed his quote. $ wise, it's not that attractive afterall. Very comparable to what others are offering too. Spoke to him once over the phone & he has boasted of able to handle 30 projects at one go. Worse still, he turned SIA pilot during our first appointment. Same case with that Ah Soon, never inform me when he can't make it.

At that instant, I know he is not for me. Sure real time pilot during reno progress if he is going to single handle so many projects at one go. So what if he gives me 10k below outside market price. Such lapses will surely jeopardise the quality.

I personally prefer more realistic and sincere contractor than those greedy and unethical contractor who uses a net to catch fishes.

To those reno seekers, my advise is to open your eyes bigger to judge one and not follow the herd blindly. Normally, the pioneer batch benefits most. Furthermore, no free lunch in this world. Overly cheap is not always the best route to go. Trade-offs may get beyond what we can swallow.

Just my 2c. :)

Wow! exactly what happened to me! I took half day leave to meet with him on a weekday morning...never turned up. Not even a call. After lunch, I called him...he said he forgot and would come later in the early evening. So I had to take another half day off. After that...again never turn up. Wasted my time and leave!!

How come a contractor who is supposedly reliable, is so irresponsible and doesn't care about the time of his potential customers? If cannot make it, don't make appointment. If too popular and busy, just say you cannot take on any more projects. Why leave people in a lurch?

I echo trustsome1's sentiments. Since reno started, I've gone from excitement and anticipation to anger and frustration and to this current stage now it's disappointment.

We engaged him based on good recommendations from the forum and good faith in him when we met up and spoke to him but right now since reno started, I have not been getting any of the pleasant experience the forumers had. I don't think my expectations are too high, what I'm looking for is just someone who will keep to his word and get the work done and in the event that he is unable to meet the date, I would appreciate him informing us to give him more days to get the job done. We are definitely not in a hurry but also not to the extent that he keep giving us a date to get things done and then when we went down to check he never do what he promised.

OMG!! Luckily I read this...as I read more into the forum. Now I think I am lucky he didn't turn up 2x.....

OMG!! Luckily I read this...as I read more into the forum. Now I think I am lucky he didn't turn up 2x.....

I ve emailed & called him too....but he seems to ve forgotten abt me....

Hence till date I ve not got a single quotation from him.

In his 1st email to me, "Before/after we talk, please help me to fill in what you need (or take out what you don't need) and send back to me, then I can give you a quotation faster.

Because nowadays I got a lot of quotations to do..

"

And my 1st email to him is on 28 Oct....

Its not that I didnt call...so quite disappointed.....& feel lucky at the same time...cos I dun want to meet such prob if I ve engaged him.

Wow! exactly what happened to me! I took half day leave to meet with him on a weekday morning...never turned up. Not even a call. After lunch, I called him...he said he forgot and would come later in the early evening. So I had to take another half day off. After that...again never turn up. Wasted my time and leave!!

How come a contractor who is supposedly reliable, is so irresponsible and doesn't care about the time of his potential customers? If cannot make it, don't make appointment. If too popular and busy, just say you cannot take on any more projects. Why leave people in a lurch?

Yea... Always use our own judgement when trying to leech on recommended contractors. Eyes must open real big. A good start is very important. Lucky for me, I've engaged another contractor and so far been smooth. Thank god!

Edited by bluewater

omg..

well people, not trying to badmouth jason, i say it for the sake of the goodwill of everyone...

jason is kind of overloaded and he is following ah soon footsteps! i got this insider news but i can't say who exactly say it.. believe it or not, up to u....!!

to me, nothing beats than engaging a contractor that is TRUSTHWORTH -- their CREDIBILITY IS VVVV IMPORTANT!!

omg..

well people, not trying to badmouth jason, i say it for the sake of the goodwill of everyone...

jason is kind of overloaded and he is following ah soon footsteps! i got this insider news but i can't say who exactly say it.. believe it or not, up to u....!!

to me, nothing beats than engaging a contractor that is TRUSTHWORTH -- their CREDIBILITY IS VVVV IMPORTANT!!

Wah...got insider news somemore..

their CREDIBILITY IS VVVV IMPORTANT!! <- Bro, this statement remind me of credit card.. don't know why. :P

But I am glad that forummers have read all the good and bad comments about Jason before making a decision. :) Afterall, is a owner's decision.

Wah...got insider news somemore..

their CREDIBILITY IS VVVV IMPORTANT!! <- Bro, this statement remind me of credit card.. don't know why. :P

But I am glad that forummers have read all the good and bad comments about Jason before making a decision. :) Afterall, is a owner's decision.

bro i agree lah. it's an owner's decision to choose your own contractor. If you're not comfortable, dun choose. 用人不疑,疑人不用!The first time i met Jason, I had a pretty good first impression and was comfortable talking to him. think that is very important when selecting a contractor. If you cannot really click with your id/contractor or if you have communications problem, how to work smoothly right? :)

Cheers and good luck to all reno-ees! :D

Hi, can someone PM me Jason's contact? Emailed him my plans on 17 Nov, but no news from him at all. Maybe he too busy, don't know if he's reliable with all that work he has!

this is ah soon style.. u aware of ah soon problem?? they are brothers...