Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yvonho

Window Grilles Contractor

I am getting a quote from him, I will try to post some pics if i give him the job. It seems like i am dealing with his brother vincent who seems busy because alex thought that the quotation was already given. Anyway Vincent only gave me an sms quote and i am still waiting for his email. will try to update.

Gave them the contract, starting work this week. So far Alex is very responsive and is pleasant to deal with explaining the work and suggesting how to approach any problem encountered.

Price wise i would recommend giving them a try as it is definitely reasonable, no heart to bargain with them.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

SGK,

Tried PMed u but your mailbox is full... able to assist by furnishing Alex's contact in this thread since so many of us are asking..

thanks!

Hi,

We just did our window & grilles with Alex Ong (fm Yick Hong) & his brother Vincent Ong (fm City Aluminium & Contractor - HDB registered under window works). Their price is about 40% cheaper compare to our ID quotation as they are direct supplier & contractor. Ours was a HDB 4-S corridor unit, we did whole house white frosted sliding window, white powdered coated grilles & extra 2 push in locks for 2 corridor window grilles (a must for corridor unit!) at only $2,730 (FYI Initial quote was tinted colored glass with matt silver grilles at $2,100, 2nd quote was frosted glass with matt silver grilles at $2,300). They took a day to remove & install. They also do main gate, toilet bi-fold door and louvre window. We found them too late as we have already done our toilet & main gate with our ID, if not could have save more money. They are very friendly & professional. Hubby & I are very happy with their service & workmanship. Highly recommended!

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm58/an...aw/IMG_1601.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm58/an...aw/IMG_1602.jpg

Cheers!

Angie

Edited by angelialaw

hihi,

met up with alex for a quote,

5 panels of casement windows at balcony wtih wpc frames + wpc grills : $1500

2 panels of casement windows at study with wpc frames + wpc grills: $330

Cleaning of solar films at 3 bedrooms : $480

Tota: $2310

Seems abit steep not for whole hse?

hihi,

met up with alex for a quote,

5 panels of casement windows at balcony wtih wpc frames + wpc grills : $1500

2 panels of casement windows at study with wpc frames + wpc grills: $330

Cleaning of solar films at 3 bedrooms : $480

Tota: $2310

Seems abit steep not for whole hse?

I think it is quite ok. My ID quoted > $5000 for installing grilles to all the windows and changing the windows of the kitchen, balcony, dining room and 2 toilets (i.e. not changing the windows of the the 3 bedrooms). Maybe get a few more quotes to compare.

This is a difficult question to answer. How big is your unit? How many windows are there in your house? Any full-height windows? How about the grilles? Are you changing them and if so, are you using aluminium or wrought iron? The best is get a few contractors to go down to to the house to take some measurements and give you quotations.

Mine is an EA, but I did not change the windows of the 3 bedrooms. I installed grilles for all windows and made a new wrought iron gate. Total about $3600.

can i have alex nos ? tks