Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

My Dream House :)

Hi dun be so sad!

who is ur tiler?

call me if u need any help..? me also kena delay until i vvvvvv sien also

uncle delayed my HO to 12nov alr. tats wat he promised to my hubby. i hope he can keep to his words cos my hubby got bad temper and if he flares, im afraid uncle will kena from him.

i went down to my house yest and i saw 2 very skinny guys doing my wall tiles in the kitchen and toilets. they look sooooo skinny until i feel so bad to rush anything. i jus stood there and watch them work for half an hour. didn ask wats their name though.

when i went down today again to bring some food n drinks for them ( uncle ah soon said theres 2 of them), I onli saw one of them working hard.. haix.. he's so poor thing. talked to him for awhile and he said he onli started working with uncle ah soon for 1 week. n ah soon kept giving them wrong instructions. (1) i told ah soon to hack my kitchen entrance bigger, he made them smaller. (2) he didn even tell them to add same colour for the tiles gaps. (3) i told him to lower the kitchen tiles by one gap from the living room tiles, ah soon told them level the tiles thruout. OMG.. my hubby almost fainted.

Enough of complaints. I hope things will run more smoothly next week. Everybody, lets hold on and hope for the best. Good luck seashell.. =D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi pinky!

dun mention! ur reno will be very 'soon soon' like ah soon name one...

are u doing alot of things in your house?

:)

Hi Seashell

Yah... the hse need to overhaul. Everything got to be changed. So hv to plan our budget very carefully and that why we choose Ah Soon as his quote is within our budget. The main worry abt choosing Ah Soon is time & work schedule after seeing so many pple complaints abt him. :(

Hopefully i can start my Reno Blog here soon...as my reno will start on the 10 Nov.

Hi seashell,

Can u pls advise me where u got yr:

- kitchen sink w accessories (I been looking for tat kind of big sink with the sponge shelve thingy! $250 with the accessories is a gd buy!)

- kitchen tap

- yr WC, is it the brand call Casanova?

Tks alot :D

-my kitchen tap is from sim siang choon... from wat i know, no more stocks now, new stocks duno in already? u can check out at sim siang choon

-yes my wc brand is cassanova

the shop name i will pm u :)

uncle delayed my HO to 12nov alr. tats wat he promised to my hubby. i hope he can keep to his words cos my hubby got bad temper and if he flares, im afraid uncle will kena from him.

i went down to my house yest and i saw 2 very skinny guys doing my wall tiles in the kitchen and toilets. they look sooooo skinny until i feel so bad to rush anything. i jus stood there and watch them work for half an hour. didn ask wats their name though.

when i went down today again to bring some food n drinks for them ( uncle ah soon said theres 2 of them), I onli saw one of them working hard.. haix.. he's so poor thing. talked to him for awhile and he said he onli started working with uncle ah soon for 1 week. n ah soon kept giving them wrong instructions. (1) i told ah soon to hack my kitchen entrance bigger, he made them smaller. (2) he didn even tell them to add same colour for the tiles gaps. (3) i told him to lower the kitchen tiles by one gap from the living room tiles, ah soon told them level the tiles thruout. OMG.. my hubby almost fainted.

Enough of complaints. I hope things will run more smoothly next week. Everybody, lets hold on and hope for the best. Good luck seashell.. =D

hi matchgirl

i hear your frustrations... i also encounter the same thing but the only console i can tell myself is, uncle give me alot of discounts...

u are very kind to bring food n drinks down to the worker... for me, i hardly have the time to do so...

hows ur house progress... was so busy choosing laminates!!!!!! u doing any carpentry?

Hi Seashell

Yah... the hse need to overhaul. Everything got to be changed. So hv to plan our budget very carefully and that why we choose Ah Soon as his quote is within our budget. The main worry abt choosing Ah Soon is time & work schedule after seeing so many pple complaints abt him. :(

Hopefully i can start my Reno Blog here soon...as my reno will start on the 10 Nov.

hi pinky

pls start ur blog soon!! me wanna see pics!!!

ok, plan out the items and ask uncle to priortise and give a dateline for each item... jus got to chase n chase him... uncle apply hdb licence for u liao?

Here's a glimpse of the LED lighting effect in one of the common bedroom:

sony%20backup%20nov%202009%20263.jpg

i reckon if the walls were white, it would be even more brighter.... because of the odd corners in this room, i installed 7 sets of LED, each set comes with 3 MR16 bulb, each bulb is 3w.

total power consumptions when all LED lights are on: 63watts

if i were to use normal downlight: 182watts (if i use 13watts tubex2x7points) or 224watts (if i use 16 watts tubex2x7points)

Edited by seashell

seashell jie jie,can u help me?

how u link out your signature to the blog ah?

thanks jie jie.

yo.. didi... how young are u wor...haha..

anyway, this is how:

1) go to edit signature

2) example u wanna show ur blog, u type: My reno blog. then u use ur mouse and highlight the wordings My reno blog, then u click on an icon that says, 'Insert link', then u key in your blog address. which is,

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18137

My reno is almost coming to an end as my carpentry will be out around next week or the week after...

It was not an easy task to plan out the carpentry works and selecting the laminates... I have a liking for wood like laminates and that makes me even tougher to select. Do note that the laminates in the catalog is simply too small piece. For this reason, I decided to go down to the laminate factory to take a look at the bigger piece, below is to share my experience:

1) EDL - they can give you A4 size laminates samples from their office

2) Seng Lee - they can let you view the A4 size laminates samples from their office

3) LamiTAK - they actually let me go into their warehouse and view the actual BIG piece of laminate!

Actually I didn't request EDL or SENGLEE to let me view the actual big piece of laminates.. but I guess it can also be done if one request...

Conclusion: Most of the laminates looks better than the catalog! But, BEWARE, some that appears to be dark colour in the catalog turn out to be not so dark, the feel is totally OFF! Do note, this only applies to mostly wood feel laminates and not solid colours.. Cus i don't have solid colours for my carpentry so I can't comment.

Edited by seashell

My reno is almost coming to an end as my carpentry will be out around next week or the week after...

It was not an easy task to plan out the carpentry works and selecting the laminates... I have a liking for wood like laminates and that makes me even tougher to select. Do note that the laminates in the catalog is simply too small piece. For this reason, I decided to go down to the laminate factory to take a look at the bigger piece, below is to share my experience:

1) EDL - they can give you A4 size laminates samples from their office

2) Seng Lee - they can let you view the A4 size laminates samples from their office

3) LamiTAK - they actually let me go into their warehouse and view the actual BIG piece of laminate!

Actually I didn't request EDL or SENGLEE to let me view the actual big piece of laminates.. but I guess it can also be done if one request...

Conclusion: Most of the laminates looks better than the catalog! But, BEWARE, some that appears to be dark colour in the catalog turn out to be not so dark, the feel is totally OFF! Do note, this only applies to mostly wood feel laminates and not solid colours.. Cus i don't have solid colours for my carpentry so I can't comment.

Ya, I went down to both Seng Lee & LamiTAK to see the bigger samples too. I took the A4 samples from both. And you're right viewing the actual BIG pc of laminate from LamiTAK. I was impressed...

But... I still can't decide on my laminate... :unsure:

the more u see the more u undecisive de.just like tiles selection!

hahahaa, yalor. Good thing my hubby was quite determine with the tiles he selected, so i just nod in agreement :P

Here are the laminates chosen:

Shoe cabinet:

Seng Lee: KD6381FG (BROWN PLUM BUTCHER)

290.jpg

2) Kitchen Cabinet

EDL: EWS9228T(S) BEIGE CINNAMON WOOD

EWS%209228T(S)%20beige%20cinnamon%20wood

3) Living Hall Feature wall w Tv console

LamiTAK: WY1219X (CORDA MAKASSAR)

coda.jpg

4) WALK IN WARDROBE & DOOR

LamiTAK: WG5219D (Wild ebony)

WG5219D.jpg

5) Suspended writing table

EDL: EQ5540FT (FLORA REVOLUTION B)

EQ%205540FT%20floral%20revolution%20b.jp

6) Feature wall TV console & bedhead in master room

Seng Lee: SU3001W -Walnut Lyon

Picture taken from Seng Lee office

walnutlyon.jpg

7) Master room sliding door

Seng Lee: SQ2656J (Streak Plum)

Picture taken from Seng Lee office

streak%20plum.jpg

Choosing laminates is the worst part in the renovation process for me.. because, once choose wrong, u got to live with it for many many years (unless got money to change..haha..)

Have to decide what theme you want and then from there choose the laminates.. still it is not easy.. cus got to match table top lah, kitchen top lah, lightings lah..... soooooo mannnyyyy .... if u ask me what is my theme, we wanted modern resort feel.. but at the look of my laminates, it is quite rojak already...hahahahahaha :)