Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

My Dream House :)

Is ur house at blk 5xx? if yes, i happen to pop by n take a glance at ur tiling work..n that time i saw a worker painting one of ur rooms in yellow (ici -light and space) that's why prompted me to check my paint after seeing yours.... so i think they never use cheap paint for urs... cus cheap paint the smell is very very strong...

Yes -I am staying in the 5XX series.

Yes, I selected ICI - dream yellow in one of the rooms. So, you saw the tin was ICI??

All the 5L tins are kept by the painter. He said that it is better to be kept by him for fear the other workers may accidentally threw them away... (no choice as he already kept them before I can refuse...)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Painting work is very easily to cheat...and sometimes they will tell you the restricted colours and no base paint...

I told my contractor that I will buy based paint and he help me applied it since I thought base paint very important especially on toilet ceiling...he has not go into detail with me on this issue but he did tell me frankly that his price he quote me no based paint...anyway I do think so too since he quote me less then 1K for painting.

See that most of your reno is delayed for more then a month really worries me man...I told Henry strictly one month as I need to go on overseas assignment again in mid Dec...

Keep my finger cross leh...

Yes -I am staying in the 5XX series.

Yes, I selected ICI - dream yellow in one of the rooms. So, you saw the tin was ICI??

All the 5L tins are kept by the painter. He said that it is better to be kept by him for fear the other workers may accidentally threw them away... (no choice as he already kept them before I can refuse...)

OH YES me really see it... cus i see the yellow is very nice so i purposely go n see what is the paint colour, then i realize is ici light n space... ur room really very bright n nice... i saw the worker painting directly from the light and space pail.

thats y i tell ah soon ur place the painter is honest lor... :)

Painting work is very easily to cheat...and sometimes they will tell you the restricted colours and no base paint...

I told my contractor that I will buy based paint and he help me applied it since I thought base paint very important especially on toilet ceiling...he has not go into detail with me on this issue but he did tell me frankly that his price he quote me no based paint...anyway I do think so too since he quote me less then 1K for painting.

See that most of your reno is delayed for more then a month really worries me man...I told Henry strictly one month as I need to go on overseas assignment again in mid Dec...

Keep my finger cross leh...

is ur existing colour white? just to share from what i found out:

my cousin is a part time painter, he told me no matter what kind of walls, white base must be applied so as to have the best effect on the new paint.... i also called nippon n ICI to check on this.

no base paint, u still will get ur colour, but effect will never be as good as with white base coat. but it is good ur ID point out to u there is no base paint...

u mus follow up closely on the reno... anything not right, get them changed, otherwise, waiting for rectifications will delay time also...

Hi seashell,

Im so shocked to hear about the paint work.. How can they try to cheat you like tat? its so irritating to hear tat there are so many dishonest employers ard doing lousy work..

N thanks for the info about the paints. After reading this, I tink i will go down n check the paints as well before they start painting. My house is very old and if they dun paint the base coat or do a good job, the paint will peel off easily very very soon. My fren's house jus renovated and I saw a small corner of the paint colour dropped off alr.. very sad de..

wish u all the best in ur reno ya.. will cont to read ur blog to update myself abt the cabinets' work quality.. hope the new guys are good..

OH YES me really see it... cus i see the yellow is very nice so i purposely go n see what is the paint colour, then i realize is ici light n space... ur room really very bright n nice... i saw the worker painting directly from the light and space pail.

thats y i tell ah soon ur place the painter is honest lor... :)

Thanks for your reply :)

Mine - My painter used coloured based coat (cheap paint). The top/final coat will be the paint colours I want, for this instance, will be ICI series.

I also called the Nippon paint co before, they said for best result, based coat must be white in order to bring out the actual colour of the paint you want when doing final coat....

I ever brought this issue to the painter but I can't remember what was his answer. I did not really insist on the white based coat as his workers had painted all my bedrooms coloured based coat.

seashell...

wish u alot alot of good luck and will pray for you!

never tot such an issue will happen... its so ****ty that customers got to take leave to specially check what paint the painters are using!. its just a waste of time and effort.

I ever call Uncle Soon before.. and he only revert back to me, when i found a ID.

Cant imagine if I would to engage him.. and such things happen.. when we supposed to be paying rental during the reno period

when are they redo the painting for you?

Hi seashell,

Im so shocked to hear about the paint work.. How can they try to cheat you like tat? its so irritating to hear tat there are so many dishonest employers ard doing lousy work..

N thanks for the info about the paints. After reading this, I tink i will go down n check the paints as well before they start painting. My house is very old and if they dun paint the base coat or do a good job, the paint will peel off easily very very soon. My fren's house jus renovated and I saw a small corner of the paint colour dropped off alr.. very sad de..

wish u all the best in ur reno ya.. will cont to read ur blog to update myself abt the cabinets' work quality.. hope the new guys are good..

if ur house is very old, u should consider painting sealer. the ici people said that if u house very old and to have the best paint effect n no peeling off, best is to apply their white base sealer... maybe u can ask ah soon?

Thanks for your reply :)

Mine - My painter used coloured based coat (cheap paint). The top/final coat will be the paint colours I want, for this instance, will be ICI series.

I also called the Nippon paint co before, they said for best result, based coat must be white in order to bring out the actual colour of the paint you want when doing final coat....

I ever brought this issue to the painter but I can't remember what was his answer. I did not really insist on the white based coat as his workers had painted all my bedrooms coloured based coat.

ok i see... so if later on u find ur paint got problem, tell ah soon to rectify!

when is ur HO?

seashell...

wish u alot alot of good luck and will pray for you!

never tot such an issue will happen... its so ****ty that customers got to take leave to specially check what paint the painters are using!. its just a waste of time and effort.

I ever call Uncle Soon before.. and he only revert back to me, when i found a ID.

Cant imagine if I would to engage him.. and such things happen.. when we supposed to be paying rental during the reno period

when are they redo the painting for you?

hi charemme,

good thing u find ur ideal id liao.... haiz... paint is a small sum of money, never knew things turn so nasty...

how abt ur reno? any pics? :)

Nah, never dare to say find my Ideal ID yet..

reno haben commence.. so no comment yet. But Im keeping my fingers cross.. already start to have nightmares

stress, cuz i see my frd fuming over her ID too.

So u be watching while they repaint the walls or already painted?

Nah, never dare to say find my Ideal ID yet..

reno haben commence.. so no comment yet. But Im keeping my fingers cross.. already start to have nightmares

stress, cuz i see my frd fuming over her ID too.

So u be watching while they repaint the walls or already painted?

dun stress dun stress too much... all reno have stress one...

just that, i rather pay less n face the stress, than to pay MORE n still face the stress... :)

yes i will step in to watch begining and middle and end... cus if they use cheap paint, the smell also very strong, easy to tell :)

Hi Seashell,

Hope tat ur hse reno is doing well rite nw. R u the one staying at Bedok Reservior 7XX which i get to knw fr Uncle Soon?

Erm... Last Wed nite i was abt to sign the quotation and engage him as our contractor, but due to some amendment so everything was held back. He told us tat u r the one tat help him to type out our quotation. Is it true? hehe...

Do u mind telling me more abt him? As i read though abt him in the forum with lots of negative remarks, which I'm abit worry now. :(