Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_o

2 Storey Coffee Shop

hey kopi....i mean say something about me lah.....that i am always on your side...not presurring your reno leh.....cool mannn......have an " ICE cold coffe ".....ahahhahhaha

cheers!

:yamseng:

Oh okie ya ya LOL thanks bro :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
huh,u also one week ah?!haha..i think its not very cold now,don need to bring lots of jacket there.

u taking what flight?

Me going to shanghai & HK mid-march....do you think it will still be very cold cuz now it's 6 degrees at shanghai......

Hi kopi,

glad to see your posts again because I was worried by your silence recently. Hope your reno will take off again soon once the issues are resolved. And like what rondy says, hold the payments until works are completed.

My reno started before CNY and after all the hackings immediately problems arise : unexpected water pipes well concealed by previous owners, how to conceal water pipes in the open kitchen region that was converted from the original kitchen, mismatch of new and old walls etc. There are solutions, but they come with an unfriendly price-tag :(.

Hi kopi,

glad to see your posts again because I was worried by your silence recently. Hope your reno will take off again soon once the issues are resolved. And like what rondy says, hold the payments until works are completed.

My reno started before CNY and after all the hackings immediately problems arise : unexpected water pipes well concealed by previous owners, how to conceal water pipes in the open kitchen region that was converted from the original kitchen, mismatch of new and old walls etc. There are solutions, but they come with an unfriendly price-tag :(.

Hi SGK,

That is always the case. No wonder they always say must have some buffer of 10 to 20% of budget for such unexpected situation.. :(

Renovation are like this...when u are in the mid of it,then u will realised that its better to do this or that and result in more cost aka "HIDDEN COST"!

some contractor or ID are quite wicked!they forsee u have miss out something,they wont tell u untill u sign with them,So if u want to do that "Extra" work,they charge u high high..caught u off-guard.Since u already started with him liao,usually u just let him do it lor.This is one of the tatics they make a bigger profit when they lower the quotation initially to attract customer.

Erm...kinda Business stagedy,cant said wicked...I am dealing with such client as i am from a Consrtruction company :P

So my good advice to all RT forumer is...breakdown the cost one by one.

Confirm u have not left out anything that u MUST do then only u sign on the dotted line. :P

If your contractor/ID is easy going guy,usually additional of small work comes free.

This u will know after u work wt him, i guess. :D

Actually he did advise us to plaster the whole house initially but because the quotation was already quite high he said maybe we can take it out. Now after all the new walls are erected and old walls hacked, we can see a quite obvious differences in the texture. So no choice have to plaster.So he quoted us the following:

plaster whole house: $2500

display cabinet and box up to conceal large toilet pipes outside common toilet (can see in my t-blog) : $850

raising the floor of dry kitchen to conceal water drainage pipes : $1000

two parallel glass panels (45cm height) on dry kitchen walls to prevent stains : $700

This adds up to a hefty $5050. After some bargaining it is reduced to $4500 plus free box-up of the master bedroom wall below windows. Not sure if the price is fair but it is definitely quite a big sum :(.

So we will be gg at the same time LOL

Kopi...enjoy your Taiwan trip...dun think too much of the reno...come back everything will be completed liao...Cheers...remember to do your shopping for your new house deco...

huh,u also one week ah?!haha..i think its not very cold now,don need to bring lots of jacket there.

u taking what flight?

Heard from my taiwan cousin that the next week the weather can go as low as 10 degrees and shower in many parts of taiwan so have to bring jacket liao :(

kopi!!!i check the weather for my colleague awhile ago for Taipei,the weather now is not

cold at all BUT!!!this weekend the weather will drop drasticaly to about 10 degree!haha...

My colleague travelling via Jetstar this Sat,how about u?got same flight as her or not?

Introduce her to you... :dribble:

Bro i gg with my wife leh -.-" tell your fren next time kk ? I know taiwan very well i can be her guide LOL :P

Anyway i taking eva air

Kopi...enjoy your Taiwan trip...dun think too much of the reno...come back everything will be completed liao...Cheers...remember to do your shopping for your new house deco...

Thanks bro ya i sure hope nothing cocks up when i'm away

Edited by coffee_o

KOPI !!!!

HAppy birthday :)

All the best for yr trip :)

hey kopi bro.....

your birthday today?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU WITH BEST WISHES ......... :good: .......

CHEERS! :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

Thanks bro :D:yamseng::yamseng::yamseng: