Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HungryPillow

Curtains

We're looking to have two sets of curtains made, both floor length.

We're not willing to fork out a ton of money as the curtains we currently have are quite serviceable, just not quite the colour I want them.

One place we walked into tried to get us to pay 2 grand for one set of curtains, saying their Italian fabric is superior in quality and style. For that price they'd better be hand-stitched by virgin nuns.

Just want simple eyelet curtains, preferably in a microsuede type fabric, nothing too fancy.

Recommendations would be appreciated!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i highly recommend CHOICE curtains. service is excellent!

Am quoted almost $3K for roller blinds for living room and 3 rooms!!

Suspect overcharged!

How much per sq feet do you pay for roller blinds? Can let me have contacts of Avantgarde, J&J and Choice Curtains? Thanks very much!

^really? mine was 2,300 for full-height night and day curtains for the living room (quite a big area), roller blinds for 4 bedrooms, plus string curtains for the cozy/study room. all inclusive of the mechanisms.

BUT I noticed that the guys who installed the curtains were from Europa... I think it's better to directly deal with Europa to cut costs. With that said, however, service provided to us by Chris of Choice Curtains was superb so I would still recommend him to others :)

Edited by zapped

DZander is good. My curtains and blind are also done by Doris. Godd services and quality from her. Frens and elatives commented the curtains and blinds are nice. Shes a very nice lady and gives good recommendation. She is really professional. We are also getting her to do the cushion for the bay window soon. Really recommend her services.

mine was done by Uncle Chew. Got his contact from this forum as well.

Total $730 - living room day and night full length curtain and roller blind for 3 bedrooms. Include all mechanism and installation with 2 years warranty.

Very nice uncle. He will go to your house to measure and bring all the materials for you to choose.

I think the curtains are sew by his wife...she gave us one big square pillow for free. :good:

you may want to try shirley koh at 9670 5000. we got our curtains and roller blinds done up at 3k. this includes, 1 day/1 nite curtain for living sliding door, 1 roller for side window, 1 nite for dining sliding door, 1 venetian blind for maids room, 1 day/nite for master. 2 panels roller for master side, 5 panels roller for girl's room, 2 panel for elder room, 1 panel roller for attic study.

before our 1st appt, she went down to do a site measurement first. when we first met, we were not sure of our budget and just chose whatever we liked which came to over 4k. we compared her quote against another supplier. the latter came in cheaper but with limited range for rollers, when i tried calling him to counter, first thing he said he was busy, driving, and cannot find new roller material range as i requested. then i called shirley and similarly, she was driving, but she managed to pull the car aside and spoke to me. told her my budget and she choose materials that suited our budget.

in the end, although her quote was still higher, we went along with her. most important...she listened to our needs. she was able to coordinate with my contractor and carpenter. she went down to the site no less than 2 more times after we met for the 3rd time. she doesn't give empty promises, she already warned us the day curtain we chose may not be in time for cny. at least we are mentally prepared.

(my usual disclaimer....don't flame me if u get a different threatment. just thinking i should share some good contacts)

try spotlight, they carry a wide variety of fabrics and also do customization......just received a mailer....20% discount on everything on 27 jan (wed), i am sure u will find something suitable....

met doris fr D Zander yday, quotoed me $460 for 5 blackout roller blinds.she came to take measurements today...now pending to c how her workmanship is...

Hi everyone,

i am abt to engage someone to do my whole house curtains.

i went to MGL curtains today to get a qute but they quoted me $1620 for double layer living room, single layer 3 bedrooms. really more expensive than i expected.

i got another quote from this company called Suntec Curtain Interior Furnishing and he quote me living room and all 3 bedrooms, double layer and 3 bedrooms are all block 100% sunlight @ $1200 nett.

Alan Tan (http://www.suntec1688.com)

does anybody know anything about this company? is it reliable?

thank you