Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HungryPillow

Curtains

mine was done by Uncle Chew. Got his contact from this forum as well.

Total $730 - living room day and night full length curtain and roller blind for 3 bedrooms. Include all mechanism and installation with 2 years warranty.

Very nice uncle. He will go to your house to measure and bring all the materials for you to choose.

I think the curtains are sew by his wife...she gave us one big square pillow for free. :good:

hihi.. do u have pics of ur curtains done by uncle chew? could you pls PM me his contacts too?

thanks thanks! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi guys,

this might be a little late, but you can give us a call for free quotations and measurements. we're from malaysia and we've been coming in and out of singapore doing curtain business for over 10 years!

kindly visit our blog if you're still interested in getting your curtains done at an affordable price :)

www.jbcurtaindesigns.blogspot.com

many thanks, give us a call soon! Anthony :+**;+**

i hope your problems are sorted! :D

Hi Anthony, Can give me a quotation for living room + 3 bedrooms - all day n night curtains? Thanks!

Am quoted almost $3K for roller blinds for living room and 3 rooms!!

Suspect overcharged!

How much per sq feet do you pay for roller blinds? Can let me have contacts of Avantgarde, J&J and Choice Curtains? Thanks very much!

Could it be it is wall to wall? But $3k is super expensive.

Hi everyone,

i am abt to engage someone to do my whole house curtains.

i went to MGL curtains today to get a qute but they quoted me $1620 for double layer living room, single layer 3 bedrooms. really more expensive than i expected.

i got another quote from this company called Suntec Curtain Interior Furnishing and he quote me living room and all 3 bedrooms, double layer and 3 bedrooms are all block 100% sunlight @ $1200 nett.

Alan Tan (http://www.suntec1688.com)

does anybody know anything about this company? is it reliable?

thank you

my fren did at suntec...

4 day n nite for big windows and roller blinds for all toilets...only $1700...others were quoting $2300-$2500

it seem like every curtain maker is highly recommended

but for price and good, i think nobody can beat suntec

you can check with KSJL, recommended me the Jason curtain/blind/frostedfilm/shower screen.

why is ksjl recommending everyone in the forum about jason? :P

btw, how is jason? cheap n good?

I was contemplating with D'zander, those JB guy and MCL curtains before sealing the deal. Here is my verdict,

D'zander =

Pros: Price is reasonable and workmanship is good. Many good feedbacks from happy customers

Cons: Limited choices and do not have a proper showroom and only artificial light in their "showroom" to show one the effects of curtain against the sun.

JB guy =

Pros: Can be really cheap for those who does not mind lower grade material.

Cons: If you are looking for quality stuff and expensive material, you will be better off getting it in Singapore. Coz there is this very high tax imposed on imported material hence making getting imported material very expensive and not to mention most of this JB guys dun even want to carry this products as they deemed too hard for them to find buyers in JB.

MCL (lavender st) =

Pros: Fantastic showroom to display all kind of curtains and the effects of final product. Certain material looks dull on samples but when you make a full curtain out of it it looks completely different. Also they have a very big window facing the sun therefore you can choose the right material for the intensity of light you wanna block. Choice of material is never ending.... ha ha. The sales is very knowledgeable and give very valuable advise without being pushy at all. Most importantly the price is cheap. Dun want to make a direct comparison as it is not very nice .. but do compare quotes... I am sure u will be satisfied especially after the small discount the shop offers.

Cons: I am sure there is something but for now it is the best place I have been.

Disclaimer: I do not benefit anything from the above comments therefore take it with a pinch of salt as this is an open forum and everyone will have their own opinion. Happy shopping.....

Yes, definitely his rate is much cheaper than what was quoted here....less than 2k or lesser but again it all depends on what you are doing - roller blind, venetian blind or combine with curtain.

I am just doing Jason a favour by recommendation as he has done a good job for my place.......

is he freelance? does he has a company name?

suntec and possibily some of those from m'sia prices are quite unbeatable too

I went to Hong Ming today. Was quote 1680 for the following including railings and mechanism

1. wall to wall full length day curtain for living ($79 per metre)

2. wall to wall full length day n night (90% black out) for master bedroom

3. 3 x 100% black out roller blinds (2 panel windows each)

Is the price reasonable?

I went to Hong Ming today. Was quote 1680 for the following including railings and mechanism

1. wall to wall full length day curtain for living ($79 per metre)

2. wall to wall full length day n night (90% black out) for master bedroom

3. 3 x 100% black out roller blinds (2 panel windows each)

Is the price reasonable?

Hong Ming is expensive

Hi, its really expensive till my blood spills out of my ears. Haha.

Try my guy Anthony, he'll quote you much cheaper with the same or even better quality!

+** or +6016-7373161. hes website is jbcurtaindesigns.blogspot.com

hope it helps

how much did it cost u?

for about 4 windows 8x8ft is about $1300 ++ I had other things done as well, hence the total was about $1600

Mine is a 12ft wall to wall, full height day curtain, 10ft wall to wall full height day and night curtains and 3 blinds. Also about $1.6k. So I'm not sure why it is considered expensive when a 8ft x 8ft is already $1.3k. Please advise? :D Thanks.

I was contemplating with D'zander, those JB guy and MCL curtains before sealing the deal. Here is my verdict,

D'zander =

Pros: Price is reasonable and workmanship is good. Many good feedbacks from happy customers

Cons: Limited choices and do not have a proper showroom and only artificial light in their "showroom" to show one the effects of curtain against the sun.

JB guy =

Pros: Can be really cheap for those who does not mind lower grade material.

Cons: If you are looking for quality stuff and expensive material, you will be better off getting it in Singapore. Coz there is this very high tax imposed on imported material hence making getting imported material very expensive and not to mention most of this JB guys dun even want to carry this products as they deemed too hard for them to find buyers in JB.

MCL (lavender st) =

Pros: Fantastic showroom to display all kind of curtains and the effects of final product. Certain material looks dull on samples but when you make a full curtain out of it it looks completely different. Also they have a very big window facing the sun therefore you can choose the right material for the intensity of light you wanna block. Choice of material is never ending.... ha ha. The sales is very knowledgeable and give very valuable advise without being pushy at all. Most importantly the price is cheap. Dun want to make a direct comparison as it is not very nice .. but do compare quotes... I am sure u will be satisfied especially after the small discount the shop offers.

Cons: I am sure there is something but for now it is the best place I have been.

Disclaimer: I do not benefit anything from the above comments therefore take it with a pinch of salt as this is an open forum and everyone will have their own opinion. Happy shopping.....

yr observation is spot on for d'zander & MGL, so which ones have u chosen? I actually passed by MGL b4 without realising it's one of e good ones recommended [i was researching & hunting for kitchen/bathrm accessories at that point]. I went to both & have decided on MGL. They'll re-measure this sat & hopefully all goes well when they start work later on. :sport-smiley-004:

I'm using black outs with day curtains and my rails are the wooden kinds using eyelets. don forget theres 4 windows of it :D the railings i think is more expensive, but they look so beauitfullllllll :D Plus i had the crazy scallop designs done :D

So, that means to say, you have 4 sets of curtains, each has day and night and each size is 8ft x 8ft, so 8 curtains altogether? :unsure: Tks. Btw, got any pic to share?

YEAHHHH. sorry, my explanation is very bad, and i'm getting old so i left out the fact he also took back 3 ssets of the curtains I did earlier on to get them resewed and all, so it added abit of workmanship fee in there. Please forgive an old aunty.

Pictures? I have to get my husband to do it. Technology and me don't mix. Plus I have ruined many of his computers. But will try to do so! :D

:D You think I very young meh? I also old liao, that's why need more time to understand!! :D Tks. Will look forward to your pics. ;)