Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
necrosis

K.i.s,s

feimei,

ask you ah, how long you and hubby (only 2?) take to paint the whole hse?

i target like 1 weekend.

LOL....

maybe i overestimate hubby.

:horse:

necrosis...

actually on 16th nov that wk...i was on madatory leave...soo hubby expect me to sand all the walls + filling up those 'lobang'....but somehow...ppl keep coming in n out (carpenter, plumber, ID) to rectify defects...soo whole week...i just 'wayang wayang' abit lol...of cos i know those main alls that hubby will check, i will sand nicely de :notti: others...just abit bit lol....then last wk, hubby turn to on leave...arrrh...he grumble like ****....he found out not much things done...dan nag nag along...i bo bian...(i was back to work last mon n tue), took leave again on wed n thur n fri (holiday mah)....soo plus wkend....total is 10days....for:

1. living room

2. two common rooms

3. masterbedroom

all the above include:

1. sanding -> filling up 'lobangs' -> sanding

2. use maskying tape...tape those area that probably will kana during painting....cornice + those flooring tiles (those cover till the walls...the edges) +door

edges + kitchen door + toilet doors + window grills + power points + light points

3. 1st coat: we @ 1st bot the Nippon Litex (20L) ($32) but due to those stubborn color painting (thanks to previous onwer), hubby used up 20L....no choice....we went to buy (previously bot from industrial area, ubi...too far to go back...) from self-fix/home-fix....wall sealer....much whiter...it act as a good 1st coat...as we r keep our celling n cornices all white...soo we haven decide if going to paint those 'white-color' paint anot.....(if hubby recover from his neck pain, ask him to paint again :notti::notti::notti: ) he dun let me paint...he say i bo skill....(i admit...paint belong to Man's job....he did very well)

4. if the color wall after 1st coat still not white...need to apply 2nd coat, 3rd coat....for my stupig dinning area celling.....we apply 7 coats then it finally turn white....hahahahhaaa....

5. up those color walls that u planned....i will do up with 1st coat again....touch up those area where the roller cannot reached....dan hubby came in for 2nd coat....dan touch up again....

6. we try to use repeat color for diff area, cost saving.... :sport-smiley-004:

7. peel off the masking tape....still need to touch up....this time, must use those sch time painting brush....art n craft time.... :paint: rem...dun leave the masking tape on too long becos it may becom more sticky and u will got prob lol....

hope the above didn't scare u off....

which paint u decide on?? Nippon or Dulux?

heard fr shop uncle, Dulux gg to decom their supreme 3-in-1 series....soo if u choose color fr there...in future, need minor touch up...might not be able to get the color back....soo we decide on Nippon...

here's the price list:

Nippon 5L (depend on series: Odur-less, Easy-wash, Vinilex) range from $58 - $65 (of cos Odur-less the most ex)

1L range from $18 -$22

buy those 'sponge' roller....good absorbant and most impt....it wun drip when paint....$8.90 (self-fix)(those hdb shop shld be ard $6)....buy pole....to reach those tall side ($2)....paint brush for small area n touch up (1.5" and 2", $1.50 - $2)...those painting plate....($2.50 - $3.50)....

when u doing painting? y not this wkend let me take fotos of those things u need n u can buy according....wun get missed out....

Ohhh ya....these 10days...did not include kitchen n two bathrooms cellings....hubby doing this sat....hahahahha... :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
kopi's place is IMPOSSIBLE to DIY man.....take 2 weeks also maybe cannot finish (gotta give allowance for painful arms/legs also!!!)

:P

and somemore climb those high high ladders with a roller heavy with paint is a dangerous job....like those lion-dancers....gotta carry the head and jump and climb high high!!!

:sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

Oppss....pai seh leh....soo the long....hahahahaa....hope u din zzzzzz

wah sounds like a LOT LOT LOT of work siah......

i wonder if my lao gong can tahan. :paint:

lol

my wall should be newly plastered, so no need to sandpaper right????

and i THINK the sealant SHLD be painted on also......mmm......dunno jason got fake me or not ......mmmm.....

he's so busy with chip's place now, i feel so paiseh to call him and ask. :P

yalor.. he's busy with my house now.. cos a lot of stuffs haven't settled..

best part, i realised how come under my top kitchen cabinets not space to install lights..

siao liao.. haix..

but he promised to hand over on friday.. my mover already confirmed to move our stuffs @ 830AM

just pray that everything goes smoothly.....update u guys tomolo night again.. :unsure:

Ya think i will faint from the work and there is no way am i able to paint the ceiling above the staircase leh so high up :(

so i think better pay someone to do it instead :P

dun worry abt the after effect, at least you can proudly say that you contribute to the reno other than money right ? hehehehe :D

I afraid if I paint the ceiling, my neck will break. Lol.

Yup yup, imperfection is the new perfection. Need the walls to be so smooth for what. Be proud of your own work and achievement!

Ya think i will faint from the work and there is no way am i able to paint the ceiling above the staircase leh so high up :(

so i think better pay someone to do it instead :P

dun worry abt the after effect, at least you can proudly say that you contribute to the reno other than money right ? hehehehe :D

hahahahaa......but $$$ can see 美美 walls mah....unlike i hv 'mo peng' walls now lehh.... :(

I afraid if I paint the ceiling, my neck will break. Lol.

Yup yup, imperfection is the new perfection. Need the walls to be so smooth for what. Be proud of your own work and achievement!

thanks for ur golden encouragement words mann, Mickey!!!! :D but MIL commented not nicely paint....haiz~~~

best part, i realised how come under my top kitchen cabinets not space to install lights..

siao liao.. haix..

but he promised to hand over on friday.. my mover already confirmed to move our stuffs @ 830AM

just pray that everything goes smoothly.....update u guys tomolo night again.. :unsure:

still dare to say, when wants to invite us to your place wor ? also how come till now no pic ? :curse:

hahahahaa......but $$$ can see 美美 walls mah....unlike i hv 'mo peng' walls now lehh.... :(

eh hard to say wor pay money doesnt mean it will be nicely done wor cos workers will not be as meticulous as yourself mah :D

thanks for ur golden encouragement words mann, Mickey!!!! :D but MIL commented not nicely paint....haiz~~~

eh ask her to paint and try lah :P

Wah lao i look at the wall of text you wrote hor i wants to faint liao :(

hahahaha...i abit loh-soh lah....but must tell in Full mah...dun share with ppl half half...not good mah...u dun faint lah....wait ur wifey heart pain....kekekeke :P

eh hard to say wor pay money doesnt mean it will be nicely done wor cos workers will not be as meticulous as yourself mah :D

eh ask her to paint and try lah :P

true lah but it wun be that bad lah becos u pay for it n ppl wun sabo their own reputation if they did not do a good job mah....like Uncle Jason....u c his repo so good leh...he wun do something that kana complaint from his customer n spoilt his own repo, right??? so more or less will hv the standard there lah...dun worry...ur hse will be 美的咯!!!

haiz~~~thats what my hubby tok back to her...onli say, no help...(i pulled my hubby' ear...cannot be rude, elderly aunty like to comment, just let her be lah)....@ least my FIL came to help....becos hubby's current hse, FIL painted all by himself...**** old bird lol.....n skillful...hahahahaha...without his help...i tink we will need one mth lol... :P and after painting...i will need to take 10days MC to recover....hahahahaha

hahahaha...i abit loh-soh lah....but must tell in Full mah...dun share with ppl half half...not good mah...u dun faint lah....wait ur wifey heart pain....kekekeke :P

Hahaha no le not say you loh soh but reading the procedure i starts to sweat liao hahahaha :P

true lah but it wun be that bad lah becos u pay for it n ppl wun sabo their own reputation if they did not do a good job mah....like Uncle Jason....u c his repo so good leh...he wun do something that kana complaint from his customer n spoilt his own repo, right??? so more or less will hv the standard there lah...dun worry...ur hse will be 美的咯!!!

haiz~~~thats what my hubby tok back to her...onli say, no help...(i pulled my hubby' ear...cannot be rude, elderly aunty like to comment, just let her be lah)....@ least my FIL came to help....becos hubby's current hse, FIL painted all by himself...**** old bird lol.....n skillful...hahahahaha...without his help...i tink we will need one mth lol... :P and after painting...i will need to take 10days MC to recover....hahahahaha

ya lah but not done by him mah bu his worker so hard to say also leh hehehehehe :D

eh better dun let your boss know the reason why you took MC hahahaha :P

Hahaha no le not say you loh soh but reading the procedure i starts to sweat liao hahahaha :P

ya lah but not done by him mah bu his worker so hard to say also leh hehehehehe :D

eh better dun let your boss know the reason why you took MC hahahaha :P

hahahhaa.....dun sweat lah....hubby n me oso very surprise that we actually make through the journey....i tink we sweat more than U....hahaha..u already sweat when reading my experience nia leh... :P

but dun worry lah...must hv faith in him....he soo many customer....of cos he wun let his workers spoilt his repo mah.....if so...he will *fried his workers cuttlefish* lol....

necrosis...

actually on 16th nov that wk...i was on madatory leave...soo hubby expect me to sand all the walls + filling up those 'lobang'....but somehow...ppl keep coming in n out (carpenter, plumber, ID) to rectify defects...soo whole week...i just 'wayang wayang' abit lol...of cos i know those main alls that hubby will check, i will sand nicely de :notti: others...just abit bit lol....then last wk, hubby turn to on leave...arrrh...he grumble like ****....he found out not much things done...dan nag nag along...i bo bian...(i was back to work last mon n tue), took leave again on wed n thur n fri (holiday mah)....soo plus wkend....total is 10days....for:

1. living room

2. two common rooms

3. masterbedroom

all the above include:

1. sanding -> filling up 'lobangs' -> sanding

2. use maskying tape...tape those area that probably will kana during painting....cornice + those flooring tiles (those cover till the walls...the edges) +door

edges + kitchen door + toilet doors + window grills + power points + light points

3. 1st coat: we @ 1st bot the Nippon Litex (20L) ($32) but due to those stubborn color painting (thanks to previous onwer), hubby used up 20L....no choice....we went to buy (previously bot from industrial area, ubi...too far to go back...) from self-fix/home-fix....wall sealer....much whiter...it act as a good 1st coat...as we r keep our celling n cornices all white...soo we haven decide if going to paint those 'white-color' paint anot.....(if hubby recover from his neck pain, ask him to paint again :notti::notti::notti: ) he dun let me paint...he say i bo skill....(i admit...paint belong to Man's job....he did very well)

4. if the color wall after 1st coat still not white...need to apply 2nd coat, 3rd coat....for my stupig dinning area celling.....we apply 7 coats then it finally turn white....hahahahhaaa....

5. up those color walls that u planned....i will do up with 1st coat again....touch up those area where the roller cannot reached....dan hubby came in for 2nd coat....dan touch up again....

6. we try to use repeat color for diff area, cost saving.... :sport-smiley-004:

7. peel off the masking tape....still need to touch up....this time, must use those sch time painting brush....art n craft time.... :paint: rem...dun leave the masking tape on too long becos it may becom more sticky and u will got prob lol....

hope the above didn't scare u off....

which paint u decide on?? Nippon or Dulux?

heard fr shop uncle, Dulux gg to decom their supreme 3-in-1 series....soo if u choose color fr there...in future, need minor touch up...might not be able to get the color back....soo we decide on Nippon...

here's the price list:

Nippon 5L (depend on series: Odur-less, Easy-wash, Vinilex) range from $58 - $65 (of cos Odur-less the most ex)

1L range from $18 -$22

buy those 'sponge' roller....good absorbant and most impt....it wun drip when paint....$8.90 (self-fix)(those hdb shop shld be ard $6)....buy pole....to reach those tall side ($2)....paint brush for small area n touch up (1.5" and 2", $1.50 - $2)...those painting plate....($2.50 - $3.50)....

when u doing painting? y not this wkend let me take fotos of those things u need n u can buy according....wun get missed out....

Ohhh ya....these 10days...did not include kitchen n two bathrooms cellings....hubby doing this sat....hahahahha... :notti:

fm,

this is a great guide.....thanks!!!

great with details of stuff i need and can expect .....

and great in being scary!!!

:rofl::dribble:

am supposed to be doing the painting this weekend liao.

LOL

but i know 2 days cannot do magic even tho my place is tiny

so i think on thurs/fri, i'll go down myself and do the wall cleaning/taping masking tape/removing old paint from pipe/frames etc first.

then sat n sun can just concentrate on killing our arms/necks.

muahha..... :dancingqueen:

siao liao.. haix..

we also hope everything shun shun li li for you....then we wanna see photos ah!!!!

completed works liao, cannot run away and dun post pics one hor!!!

the faster jason settle your handover, the faster jason can come and jaga my place!!!!

(dun need care kopi's one!!!) :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

hehehehhehe