Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
necrosis

K.i.s,s

okie...

at last i did some shopping.....at summer...

ms kee's prices are indeed friendlier on the wallet.

but still the hole caused by renov can only get bigger and bigger.....

ok, to sum up, we spent close to 2k on the following items:

WCs x2 ----> one 1-piece for MRB and 1 2-pc for common bath

basins x2 ----> rectangular one for MBR, normal cheap one for common....

kitchen ss sink x1 (nobel, made in italy)

hobz glass hob (2 burners) n slim hood

707 compact water heater

rectangular mirror for common bathrm

medicine /mirror cabinet for MBR bathrm (2 door)

hand spray x2

minivalve x2 (for hand spray water supply)

and to increase the hole, we also bought a matress from dozz.

since both summer and dozz are located in toapayoh. :P

lazy to go down again or to go around spore comparing mattresses. :P

as for ze petite flat.....

as jason promised, the electrician came on sat.

then jason asked us to go down to meet the electrician ...

during the prev meeting with jason on mon, we passed him the floorplan with all the wiring/light pts indicated and went thru with him.

seems like he didn't pass to his guy lah.

so we went down and went thru everything again with the nice electrician.

the guy said he'll only hang wires.

cannot do up most of the trunking (stupid HDB with no concealed wiring) as the PLASTERING is not done.

arghhhhh...........

monday better start plastering.....cos thurs we gotta start painting liaos.....i mean TRYING to paint....or preping the place for painting or something to that effect....like choosing paint colors and ordering.

:P

*gasp* :sport-smiley-004:

i think i better think about colors....like now.

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
okie...

at last i did some shopping.....at summer...

ms kee's prices are indeed friendlier on the wallet.

but still the hole caused by renov can only get bigger and bigger.....

ok, to sum up, we spent close to 2k on the following items:

WCs x2 ----> one 1-piece for MRB and 1 2-pc for common bath

basins x2 ----> rectangular one for MBR, normal cheap one for common....

kitchen ss sink x1 (nobel, made in italy)

hobz glass hob (2 burners) n slim hood

707 compact water heater

rectangular mirror for common bathrm

medicine /mirror cabinet for MBR bathrm (2 door)

hand spray x2

minivalve x2 (for hand spray water supply)

and to increase the hole, we also bought a matress from dozz.

since both summer and dozz are located in toapayoh. :P

lazy to go down again or to go around spore comparing mattresses. :P

as for ze petite flat.....

as jason promised, the electrician came on sat.

then jason asked us to go down to meet the electrician ...

during the prev meeting with jason on mon, we passed him the floorplan with all the wiring/light pts indicated and went thru with him.

seems like he didn't pass to his guy lah.

so we went down and went thru everything again with the nice electrician.

the guy said he'll only hang wires.

cannot do up most of the trunking (stupid HDB with no concealed wiring) as the PLASTERING is not done.

arghhhhh...........

monday better start plastering.....cos thurs we gotta start painting liaos.....i mean TRYING to paint....or preping the place for painting or something to that effect....like choosing paint colors and ordering.

*gasp* :sport-smiley-004:

i think i better think about colors....like now.

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-018:

Glad that you finally decide to move your butt and did some shopping Wahahahaha :P

yes i do agree that HDB is stupid with the no concealed wiring part especially since new flats wiring are all concealed. It seems to tell us that they can do it but we cant :bleah: :bleah:

Glad that you finally decide to move your butt and did some shopping Wahahahaha :P

yes i do agree that HDB is stupid with the no concealed wiring part especially since new flats wiring are all concealed. It seems to tell us that they can do it but we cant :bleah: :bleah:

yeah lor...

i called town council...then the person ask me if the block got electrical upgrading.

wah seh...how i know!?!!

then she check liao, then tell me dun have.

in the first place, she ask me for what!?!?!

:bleah:

this weekend need to try to paint....must think of a way to transport paint from the shop to the flat.

*crack brain*

yeah lor...

jason quoted us 1.2k for painting leh....if we DIY, can save quite a bit....

and i also like to play play...hahaha...

i oso just completed DIY painting for whole hse....really save $$$ but also kind of shack out....arms will be aching.... :P but make sure ur wall r smooth leh...need to sand them before paint and do a base coat before putting color....i sand till my arm gg to 'broke' but still get some uneven.... :( no choice lol....just paint lol...fr far looks very nice...but when near...kekekeke....can c the uneven... :P

i oso just completed DIY painting for whole hse....really save $$$ but also kind of shack out....arms will be aching.... :P but make sure ur wall r smooth leh...need to sand them before paint and do a base coat before putting color....i sand till my arm gg to 'broke' but still get some uneven.... :( no choice lol....just paint lol...fr far looks very nice...but when near...kekekeke....can c the uneven... :P

You Champ arh you :D Still able to sand then paint. Hamed quoted you how much for painting?

You Champ arh you :D Still able to sand then paint. Hamed quoted you how much for painting?

bo bian leh...spend quite abit on VO liao...soo dun wan to get ppl to paint lol....soo hv to 'ga ki lai' lol.....

i didn;t ask to quote for painting...but u can ask him to find u his outside' lobang' for painting,....shld be cheaper...he got 'lobang' one....i oso intro doremon one of his lobang for electrical....kekekekeke.... :P

bo bian leh...spend quite abit on VO liao...soo dun wan to get ppl to paint lol....soo hv to 'ga ki lai' lol.....

i didn;t ask to quote for painting...but u can ask him to find u his outside' lobang' for painting,....shld be cheaper...he got 'lobang' one....i oso intro doremon one of his lobang for electrical....kekekekeke.... :P

I see Classified section in Straits Times and some painting guys charge $400 dollars to paint. But u buy ur own paints. They paint for u.

And feimei, i confirm u saved $400 at least. Hee.

Edited by Mickey M

Wah lao pei fu leh :bow: :bow:

think my arm will not be able to move for at least a week if i do it myself hahahahaha :P

I see Classified section in Straits Times and some painting guys charge $400 dollars to paint. But u buy ur own paints. They paint for u.

And feimei, i confirm u saved $400 at least. Hee.

U r right mann, Mickey!!! hubby said saved quite abit becos for 4rooms, cost is ard $1400 - $1600....for whole hse....but we spent approx $400+ for paint, but of cos....the time n efford is priceless....unless u can afford the time, dan u can consider to paint urself otherwise, better to get ppl to do it lol... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wah lao pei fu leh :bow: :bow:

think my arm will not be able to move for at least a week if i do it myself hahahahaha :P

hahahaha....i tink kopi-bro...ur hse cannot DIY lah....2-storey leh...not only ur arms cannot move....ur legs oso cannot move ler (climbing up n down).....becos not just paint directly....need to sand the wall...ensure it's smooth, if found got holes...need to apply puty and wait for it to dry and then sand till smooth again....i k k smoked through my hubby lol...quite a few walls i did not sand properly....after he paint on...it appears uneven....dan he nag nag lol.... :( really very tire n arms very 'suan'....plus the dust...i covered my whole face...otherwise...next day pimples sure pop-out....after that, need to paint with wall sealer dan paint color...somemore painting the celling is the toughest....ur neck will break....hahahahahhaa....

anyway...finally completed...although after-effect not very smooth wall....but from far look...still nice lah...hope ppl go my hse....wun walk near the walls n see closely.... :P

hahahaha....i tink kopi-bro...ur hse cannot DIY lah....2-storey leh...not only ur arms cannot move....ur legs oso cannot move ler (climbing up n down).....becos not just paint directly....need to sand the wall...ensure it's smooth, if found got holes...need to apply puty and wait for it to dry and then sand till smooth again....i k k smoked through my hubby lol...quite a few walls i did not sand properly....after he paint on...it appears uneven....dan he nag nag lol.... :( really very tire n arms very 'suan'....plus the dust...i covered my whole face...otherwise...next day pimples sure pop-out....after that, need to paint with wall sealer dan paint color...somemore painting the celling is the toughest....ur neck will break....hahahahahhaa....

anyway...finally completed...although after-effect not very smooth wall....but from far look...still nice lah...hope ppl go my hse....wun walk near the walls n see closely.... :P

wah sounds like a LOT LOT LOT of work siah......

i wonder if my lao gong can tahan. :paint:

lol

my wall should be newly plastered, so no need to sandpaper right????

and i THINK the sealant SHLD be painted on also......mmm......dunno jason got fake me or not ......mmmm.....

he's so busy with chip's place now, i feel so paiseh to call him and ask. :P

feimei,

ask you ah, how long you and hubby (only 2?) take to paint the whole hse?

i target like 1 weekend.

LOL....

maybe i overestimate hubby.

:horse:

Ya think i will faint from the work and there is no way am i able to paint the ceiling above the staircase leh so high up :(

so i think better pay someone to do it instead :P

dun worry abt the after effect, at least you can proudly say that you contribute to the reno other than money right ? hehehehe :D

wah sounds like a LOT LOT LOT of work siah......

i wonder if my lao gong can tahan. :paint:

lol

my wall should be newly plastered, so no need to sandpaper right????

and i THINK the sealant SHLD be painted on also......mmm......dunno jason got fake me or not ......mmmm.....

he's so busy with chip's place now, i feel so paiseh to call him and ask. :P

nec if got any doubt call him and ask dun feel paiseh abt it. ultimately you did paid him to do up your house moreover just a phone call nia wont take up much of his time also :)

better make sure now than sorry later :D

Edited by coffee_o

Ya think i will faint from the work and there is no way am i able to paint the ceiling above the staircase leh so high up :(

so i think better pay someone to do it instead :P

dun worry abt the after effect, at least you can proudly say that you contribute to the reno other than money right ? hehehehe :D

kopi's place is IMPOSSIBLE to DIY man.....take 2 weeks also maybe cannot finish (gotta give allowance for painful arms/legs also!!!)

and somemore climb those high high ladders with a roller heavy with paint is a dangerous job....like those lion-dancers....gotta carry the head and jump and climb high high!!!

:sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003: